• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why is that bad? Pokemon Go is a free game. Using Meltan to promote interest is decent and natural. As for your Lets Go complaint, that is kinda rubbish too imo. Newer games always have had new pokemon as an incentive. If you don't want to, you can wait. It's not like Meltan would stay exclusive to Let's Go.

I get your points and respect where you're coming from, but why can't you accept my opinion of seeing Meltan as a cash grab for veteran players lmao, that is basically what it is to me.

I am thinking that Ash will get sobble, Steam punk Clemont (if he comes back) will get a Scorbunny, and Selena (with 8th Gen female trainer's look) will get a Grookey.

Every download of Pokemon Go! as a free to play app garners at least 1% of players at least making 1 micro transaction during their entire time using the app, and there was also a new report from SensorTower that claims that Pokemon Go players spend more than $2 million per day on the game, for a total of $1.8 billion in revenue since the game's launch. Yes, of course their not making money from it lmao.
It’s literally optional.
If people want they can spend 0 on the game to get Meltan...

You cannot tell people how to spend their money.

I can't believe people are so obsessed over mythical Pokémon. I barely ever bother with Mythicals these days.

It's cool when Mythicals at least have some in-game tie in, like Celebi's Shrine in Ilex Forest, but newer Mythicals are just lore-lacking DLC.

Yeah, that's one thing I hope they fix in Gen VIII. Gen VI only gave them lore dumps and they don't have any presence in the overworld while VII (ignoring maybe Meltan as I'm not as familiar with it) just stripped out all personality and just gave them a small blurb of information. It makes them feel like glorified trophies at this point, which is a shame because part of the reason I liked the concept was the feeling of getting something truly special in lore.

Every download of Pokemon Go! as a free to play app garners at least 1% of players at least making 1 micro transaction during their entire time using the app, and there was also a new report from SensorTower that claims that Pokemon Go players spend more than $2 million per day on the game, for a total of $1.8 billion in revenue since the game's launch. Yes, of course their not making money from it lmao.
I was referring to what you said about how needing to upgrade your phone somehow makes this a cash grab for Pokémon. Also based on what you’re saying it sounds like you’re arguing that Pokémon Go as a whole is a “cash grab” not just Meltan.
I get your points and respect where you're coming from, but why can't you accept my opinion of seeing Meltan as a cash grab for veteran players lmao, that is basically what it is to me.
Because with all due respect it’s kind of nonsense. You have always needed to purchase Pokémon games in order to capture the Pokémon that are in that game. That’s not some cheap-tactic “cash grab” it’s literally the fundamental premise of this franchise. And Meltan is a terrible example because it is 100% available for free.

I am thinking that Ash will get sobble, Steam punk Clemont (if he comes back) will get a Scorbunny, and Selena (with 8th Gen female trainer's look) will get a Grookey.
The formula will not go back to Gen 6, believe me. It will probably be completely new characters, with the Female Character and the Gym Leader of the Galar Region. The Female Trainer could've originated from Sinnoh and have come to compete in the contests that are held in Galar. Perhaps later Ash would run into Selene, Dawn and even Zoey.

The formula will not go back to Gen 6, believe me. It will probably be completely new characters, with the Female Character and the Gym Leader of the Galar Region. The Female Trainer could've originated from Sinnoh and have come to compete in the contests that are held in Galar. Perhaps later Ash would run into Selene, Dawn and even Zoey.
I don't think that Contests will be in the Sword & Shield anime unless they return in the games.

i'm not even involved in this but your definition, interpretation, understanding, whatever of a cash grab is wrong. maybe that's why.

that's entirely different because Magearna was available in the game it debuted in
So Meltan didn't debut in LGPE?
downloading GO! and doing the things necessary to get Meltan, to then only be available to use in a "spin off main series" game with heavily limited movepools for every Pokemon that we've come to know, is restrictive.
Restrictive =/= cash grab.
Technically, we don't even know Meltan/Melmetal's full moveset potential BECAUSE of Let's Go
TMs and tutor moves change every generation. We could never learn a Pokemon's "full Pokemon potential"-
Every download of Pokemon Go! as a free to play app garners at least 1% of players at least making 1 micro transaction during their entire time using the app, and there was also a new report from SensorTower that claims that Pokemon Go players spend more than $2 million per day on the game, for a total of $1.8 bill
So, just because you can choose to spend money, that makes it a cash grab? Then by that logic, Magearna is a cash grab, too. You have to go online to get the QR code, and there's lots of people who purchase other Pokemon products online.

Because you're not basing it in any facts. There's nothing wrong with disliking something about a game, but it's not fair to pretend it's something it's not. Like, I could say that I didn't like Blue because of his attitude, but it wouldn't be right to claim that I saw Blue as a murderer and ask everyone to accept my opinion of that when it's clearly not the case.

i'm not even involved in this but your definition, interpretation, understanding, whatever of a cash grab is wrong. maybe that's why.

Because LGPE is a game aimed at younger players, the only incentive for veteran players to play is the 'nostalgia' aspect which has been shoved down our throats every generation. The sideline of that is offering Meltan as a "new Pokemon" which would be an incentive for players who want to battle "properly" in Let's Go, as GO!'s battle system sucks. Therefore, essentially, you are expecting people to pay $60/£60 for a game in which Meltan is only currently available in, it's not in SM or USUM yet it's considered a gen 7 Pokemon, it's put behind an essential "free" app where the father companies benefit every day. If the traffic of the network moves GO! to the top of the list, Niantic win again = cash grab.

It's clear that Jolty94 doesn't view LGPE as core games, even though Game Freak do. That's what it boils down to and it is not worth a debate.

If Meltan is distributed directly to Sword and Shield, I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Last edited:
It's clear that Jolty94 doesn't view LGPE as core ganes, even though Game Freak do. That's what it boils down to and it is not worth a debate.

If Meltan is distributed directly to Sword and Shield, I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Apologies, yes I do consider it a main series game because PkmnTrainerV made that claim and I went off of it, I personally consider it a side series main game with very little appeal to the veteran community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom