• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god, do you have to be an aggressive whiner?
He's not being aggressive or whining....He seem irritated at best. He wants to know your sources or points to back up your opinion.

You can expect people on any forum to argue any of your points, especially if there are sources saying theirs are correct. Better get used to it.

It's happened to me and everyone here. It can be embarrassing and annoying, and you might still disagree, and that's okay! Disagreement is fine! But do you have to insult people?

He's not being aggressive or whining....He seem irritated at best. He wants to know your sources or points to back up your opinion.

You can expect people on any forum to argue any of your points, especially if there are sources saying theirs are correct. Better get used to it.

I only care about people's tone, not whether they argue, or are for that matter correct.

Tone and arguing are independent, no matter what any internet yahoo says.

My god, do you have to be an aggressive whiner?
You asked for a citation, despite not providing one yourself.

And you can't just say "Well, PLG and PSS are both all of these things regardless" without a citation, right?

Are you really that shocked that I might ask for one in return? And "aggressive whiner" is very rich coming from you.
Okay, whatever. "Announcement", "news", rephrase it how you like. :cautious: I did edit in "or something like that" just in case, so...I guess less than a minute after was too slow.
Whatever dude. I'm still going to believe the people who explained the terminology earlier and not you guys.

I only care about people's tone, not whether they argue, or are for that matter correct.
If you don't care about what's correct, then why bother arguing about the correct terms?

Then...Why be so hostile. @_@
Oof.

Anyway, on topic: What kind of pokemon is everyone hoping to see for galar forms?
I think poison-type teddiursa (has some kind of poison soaked into its paws?) would be really interesting.
Pachirisu (Fire/Electric)

Now that I've had some time to think about Sword & Shield, I would like to share some of my own thoughts regarding the starters, among other things. I've kept up-to-date with the thread, so I'm more than aware of the recent rumors and certain events, such as the recent deleted tweet by Nintendo regarding Gym Masters and new information being distributed by CoroCoro next month.

I'm inserting my own thoughts and predictions regarding the starters inside a spoilers tag, in case I make a very long wall of text.
Firstly, the starters. They have quite a lot of potential and, as I've mentioned in the previous thread, I was expecting - and I am now hoping - that these starters have completely unexpected typings. While I'm admittedly expecting Sobble will end up being Water/Ghost-type due to its overall appearance and design, I would be more than happy to have something completely different, such as Water/Psychic-type or perhaps even Water/Normal-type.

It seems as though Scorbunny may end up becoming Fighting-type due to the bandages, however, I would like to think otherwise. Given the fact that Galar seemingly has a strong theme based off of sports, and considering Scorbunny's name, I have quite the strong impression that Scorbunny isn't Fire/Fighting-type, but rather, Fire/Ground-type or Fire/Steel-type. Scorbunny's name, at least in my humble opinion, appears to be the combination of words "score" and "bunny" together. Because of this, I have a belief that Scorbunny's future evolutions, alongside its base form, are influenced and perhaps even based off of soccer.

I don't have any particular predictions or thoughts on Grookey, though I do agree that its theme might be based off of music, given its name. Considering this, there's a possibility that it'll end up being Grass/Fairy-type, or possibly even Grass/Normal-type, which is what I'm currently expecting.

My thoughts on the starters aside, I've noticed the recent happenings. I find it quite interesting that Nintendo briefly tweeted about the gyms in Sword & Shield, and how you'd be facing off against Gym Masters, rather than Gym Leaders. I find this implication to be rather interesting, since it appears to imply that gyms might work differently in Galar, as opposed to what they've been in previous games. Perhaps, this means that gyms are more difficult this time around? Or, there's something in them that differentiates them from regular gyms. Regardless, it's interesting how they've opted to deleting the tweet so soon, and they haven't brought it back up since.

I've figured, a small while before CoroCoro leaked, that we would get information of some sort soon. Though the deleted tweet isn't concrete proof of this by any means, it's still rather curious. Curious enough to make me believe that we'll possibly obtain new information, be it the Legendary(ies) of the game or otherwise, by the end of March. Frankly, I'm likely being optimistic, though I don't particularly believe that we won't have anything this month. This isn't to say that you should get your hopes up, as you probably shouldn't. However, I feel as though there is still something to look forward to this month, and seemingly, there will be something to look forward to next month, as well.

That said, I never agreed with the notion that CoroCoro is getting irrelevant in terms of new Pokémon reveals (which is something I've noticed quite a lot in other social media) basing this off of the reveals we've gotten during the Sun & Moon release period. Despite everything, CoroCoro will likely continue to reveal new Pokémon through its magazines. It certainly won't reveal new Pokémon game titles, but it'll likely always feature new Pokémon - the codeword here being "likely".

I believe I've expressed my thoughts on everything I've noticed lately, not counting the rumors. I sincerely apologize for the rather lengthy post! I haven't posted in quite some time, and thought I'd address everything.

Anyway, on topic: What kind of pokemon is everyone hoping to see for galar forms?
I think poison-type teddiursa (has some kind of poison soaked into its paws?) would be really interesting.

Frankly, I would love a Steel-type being transformed into oak/wood. A Pokémon like Beldum, perhaps even Klink, getting a Galar forme with this idea would become oak*-based, which essentially means they would be Grass-type. Beldum's final evolution, Metagross, could possibly become Grass/Dark-type, or perhaps even Grass/Flying-type. I would find that to be quite interesting.

They’ll probably keep Go connectivity as the way to get it while GO’s still popular and Meltan is recent enough.
I kinda doubt this tbh. Considering they are ditching many things introduced in LGPE nd the fact that LGPE were made to resemble GO. I don't think they are going to allow SS connect with Go.

I kinda doubt this tbh. Considering they are ditching many things introduced in LGPE nd the fact that LGPE were made to resemble GO. I don't think they are going to allow SS connect with Go.
Yeah. Go connectivity would also require them to bring CP, Candies, and AVs into the regular main series games. With following Pokemon, Go's capture mechanisms, and overworld Pokemon most likely removed, it appears that these games will not feature many of LGPE's gameplay features.

Yeah, I kind of suspect that we won't be able to transfer Pokemon from Let's Go to SWSH either- it feels like they established that series as the one where Pokemon Go would share connectivity, and then SWSH will go back to letting us transfer Pokemon from the handheld games.

That being said, I can't really think of a reason why you wouldn't want to let people transfer Pokemon from Go to SWSH- besides maybe the shiny rate being higher on community days in Go? But I don't know if they even ultimately care about that... maybe it won't happen just because it's such a pain to get Go to connect to your Switch in the first place.

I hope we can evolve Meltan in-game somehow without relying on Go. I feel like they can’t lock it behind Go forever anyway.

I don’t foresee Galar forms being a thing. Alola is very far displaced from other regions which is why it made sense that Pokémon adapted to its climate. Galar is very close to Kalos and we didn’t get Kalos forms or anything. It’d be pretty weird to see Pokémon adapt to Galar but not Kalos (unless maybe they were originally from Alola?). Regional variants were just a gen 7 gimmick I think though I wouldn’t be upset to see more of it.

I know that Galar forms don't make a ton of sense, but I'd really love to see them anyway, I thought the Alola forms were really fun. I'd be super excited to see variants of Johto Pokemon- Galaran Furret, Snubbull/Granbull, and Skarmory would be cool to see.

Literally every app/service/thing you’re using has someone benefitting from it.
Your data connection service provider and device manufacturer on which you’re writing this post just benefitted from this post of yours.

Anything that benefits the main company isn’t a cash grab.
By that logic literally every service in the world is a cash grab.
At this point it just seems like a personal issue about your dislike of Niantic, Pokemon Go and Let’s Go. And I don’t think there’s anything wrong in hating the entire thing but let’s not attach false labels to justify hate.

Anyone might hate Meltan but it’s effectively free to the consumer.
The company may benefit from it but that’s the purpose of a company.

While I agree that a lot of it is to do with my personal feelings towards them and how they've cheapened the appeal of Pokémon in general (just my opinion), this whole thing started because you were saying you didn't think they'd have two separate sets of mythicals exclusive to each version of Sw/Sh, and my argument was that I could easily see them doing that, given how Meltan happened (not how easy it is to access, so yes, I agree I may have come off a bit strong with the cash grab talk), but the simple reasons behind why we always get two versions is money, it's not like version exclusives make that much of a difference these days with how connected we are, I guess I took my argument in the wrong direction lmao, but my INITIAL point was; I could see them doing that.

I get your points and respect where you're coming from, but why can't you accept my opinion of seeing Meltan as a cash grab for veteran players lmao, that is basically what it is to me.

Buddy, when you use arguments in order to justify your "opinion" (which isn't really an opinion, but that's beside the point), than people are allowed to counter said arguments, especially when they're so weak. That's how debates and (sometimes) discussions work. Guys like @PkmnTrainerV and @Ambrose7 were merely pointing out that the logic behind your claims was flawed and, were it to be applied to the core series as a whole, every Pokémon game in existence would be considered a "cash grab". They weren't attacking you and your "opinion". They were countering your claims and the flaws behind them.

Not to mention that this problem of yours is pretty tame compared to the Mew/Poké Ball Plus debacle. And both of these pale in compresence to what Western developers and publishers are doing nowadays and how they're more than willing to psychologically manipulate their players and fans into buying their stupid microtransactions (glares at Activision and their infamous patent). So, even if this was a real problem (which, in hindsight, it isn't), all you're doing is basically making a mountain out of a molehill, when there's stuff far, FAR worse than this.

Also, when you put a lot of effort into rationalizing why you view Meltan as a cash grab and you try to bring in objective data and evidence to support your claims (like these ones → "a new report from SensorTower that claims that Pokemon Go players spend more than $2 million per day on the game" & "you don't want to fork out £60 to play Let's Go and actually use Meltan as a Pokemon as opposed to GO!'s terrible battle system, then you're waiting to fork out £60 for SwSh to get it as an eventual event download - which equates to, an essential cash grab."), you don't get to play the "it's my opinion" card.

Tone and arguing are independent, no matter what any internet yahoo says.

So you're able to tell what someone's tone is just from reading their written messages (which aren't communicated verbally (aka. through the use of one's voice))?

Fascinating! Mind telling me how you're able to accomplish such a feat? Is it mind reading?

So you're able to tell what someone's tone is just from reading their written messages (which aren't communicated verbally (aka. through the use of one's voice))?

Fascinating! Mind telling me how you're able to accomplish such a feat? Is it mind reading?

As a matter of fact, I can read your tone as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom