• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind similar eyes... if they aren't bulging. I'd much rather have something like this:

FAheteT.png

Last edited:
Scorbalion hit me right in the feels. I'm going to spend the rest of pre-release wishing it was real. I think I've just reached the point where I'm honestly just waiting for Scorbunny to disappoint me, as much as I don't want that to happen, if that makes sense.

I love the two Eeveelutions, but I think the Flying one is my favorite. I really wish we had more pure Flying types.

I wonder if the next Eeveelution is going to be on the taller side like Sylveon, or resembling the other Eeveelutions.
Sylveon looks notably larger and thinner than its relatives.

I don’t think that a Flying Type Eeveelution will feature wings. We’ve had only one pure Flying Type so far: Tornadus. And in its default form the thing which differentiates it from other Flying types is that it actually controls wind and has an affinity/power for it, unlike others which manipulate it using their wings.
At least, that’s what I can conclude to. Given the shortage of pure Flying types, it might give us a clue as to how the next pure Flying (Eeveelution) might look.

It might feature clouds in its design with ability to manipulate wind. I think the design will evoke the colour scheme of Alolan Ninetales with more purple accents. I expect it to remain simple, unlike Sylveon.
A tiny stature (comparatively to other -eons) could differentiate it from others, and show its nimble nature.

Last edited:
Prediction since both Solgaleo and Lunala the emissaries of sun and moon never had a ground/fire/ice/rock types Ill say the box legendaries will never have a steel type

For starters my bets are on grass/fighting, fire/steel, water/ghost
Or
Grass/rock, fire/electric, water/dragon

Prediction since both Solgaleo and Lunala the emissaries of sun and moon never had a ground/fire/ice/rock types Ill say the box legendaries will never have a steel type

Steel actually makes sense for Solgaleo more than fire since it’s based on the alchemical lion that eats the Sun.
I think that the offensive legend might be fire type since fire represents aggression and the offensive.

My bet on the starter types is: Fire/Electric, Water/Ghost, Grass/Dark

My prediction for legendary types: Fire/Steel and Water/Steel.

I would more likely go with Ground/Steel for the Shield Legendary, and Water/Steel for the Sword Legend, so both are effective on one another: Ground attacks the Steel typing of the Sword Legend, and the Sword Legend targets the Ground-typing of the Shield Legend. Having Fire/Steel and Water/Steel just makes the latter overwhelmingly superior to the former.

I would more likely go with Ground/Steel for the Shield Legendary, and Water/Steel for the Sword Legend, so both are effective on one another: Ground attacks the Steel typing of the Sword Legend, and the Sword Legend targets the Ground-typing of the Shield Legend. Having Fire/Steel and Water/Steel just makes the latter overwhelmingly superior to the former.

They’ve never really cared for balance recently. In XY, Xerneas was effective against Zygarde and Yevtal, and Lunala was better over Solgaleo and base Necrozma.
My choices were based on an offensive/defensive elemental theme with Steel added on for the shared characteristics.

One thing that I would kinda like, but that I don't really expect: more simplified legendaries (design wise).

You know, how Lugia and Ho-oh were relatively more simple, for example. More recent legendaries have been quite "over the top". Not only in terms of design, but also colour choices, etc.

I am a fan of the Weather Trio, Zekrom, Kyurem, absofused Kyurem, etc, but legendaries have been getting increasingly more overdesigned.

But newer legendaries have been good in their own way.

Last edited:
One thing that I would like, but that I don't expect: more simplified legendaries (design wise).

You know, how Lugia and Ho-oh were for example. More recent legendaries have been quite "over the top". Not only in terms of design, but also colour choices, etc.

I am a fan of the Weather Trio, Zekrom, Kyurem, etc, but legendaries have been getting increasingly more overdesigned.
When I first saw Lugia when I was little, I thought it was Mewtwo in some other form? And Latias and Latios Lugia's offspring

I am a fan of Solgaleo, but he could've been even more simplified.

But again, it's not something I expect, especially for legendaries.

I only really have a problem with Complete Cell Zygarde xD

The Eeveelutions seem real enough, far more than the other leaks we have seen thus far. But we'll wait and see

Honestly, I like the current way the legendaries are designed. What I want them to do is have the legendary Pokemon stories actually be finished within one game or generation. I just don't like that it would take years for the legendary to get a certain form that it needs, that's what I liked about Necrozma, he already got a final from within the same generation, thus not needing a remake to get that form.

One thing that I would kinda like, but that I don't really expect: more simplified legendaries (design wise).

You know, how Lugia and Ho-oh were relatively more simple, for example. More recent legendaries have been quite "over the top". Not only in terms of design, but also colour choices, etc.
I liked Xerneas and Yveltal for looking simpler, but that was muddied when they were reduced to battery fuel and a cliché life vs. death theme. The designs are still good, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom