• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Unown Seer I agree with you design wise. But there is something with their colour scheme that still bothers me, compared to the more simple-ish colour choices of Lugia and Ho-oH, and even the Weather Trio.

Complex colour choices started with Gen IV, with Palkia basically being Groudon in a metallic space suite.

Last edited:
A speculative idea about the Gym Masters information being available only briefly, is that perhaps Nintendo did want to confirm that the structures on the map are Gyms as early as possible, and also that they might differ from past generations' Gyms, to cancel out any inaccurate rumors, and thus false expectations, from building up over the time until they would more officially present the info.

I don't think it is a method they would use very often, but I think maybe it wasn't posted early as much as, that was the plan, to post it and then delete, which would ensure more Pokemon fans would hear about it.
I guess that by deleting it they are also avoiding setting a precedent that intermittent text-only news will be arriving about Sword and Shield.

A speculative idea about the Gym Masters information being available only briefly, is that perhaps Nintendo did want to confirm that the structures on the map are Gyms as early as possible, and also that they might differ from past generations' Gyms, to cancel out any inaccurate rumors, and thus false expectations, from building up over the time until they would more officially present the info.

I don't think it is a method they would use very often, but I think maybe it wasn't posted early as much as, that was the plan, to post it and then delete, which would ensure more Pokemon fans would hear about it.
I guess that by deleting it they are also avoiding setting a precedent that intermittent text-only news will be arriving about Sword and Shield.
I don’t think this makes any sense tbh

The Steel type Eeveelution looks good. The Flying type Eeveelution resembles Sylveon too much. I would like it to look a bit "sharper".

I am not a huge Eeveelution fan overall. I like Espeon, I guess.

Buddy, when you use arguments in order to justify your "opinion" (which isn't really an opinion, but that's beside the point), than people are allowed to counter said arguments, especially when they're so weak. That's how debates and (sometimes) discussions work. Guys like @PkmnTrainerV and @Ambrose7 were merely pointing out that the logic behind your claims was flawed and, were it to be applied to the core series as a whole, every Pokémon game in existence would be considered a "cash grab". They weren't attacking you and your "opinion". They were countering your claims and the flaws behind them.

Not to mention that this problem of yours is pretty tame compared to the Mew/Poké Ball Plus debacle. And both of these pale in compresence to what Western developers and publishers are doing nowadays and how they're more than willing to psychologically manipulate their players and fans into buying their stupid microtransactions (glares at Activision and their infamous patent). So, even if this was a real problem (which, in hindsight, it isn't), all you're doing is basically making a mountain out of a molehill, when there's stuff far, FAR worse than this.

Also, when you put a lot of effort into rationalizing why you view Meltan as a cash grab and you try to bring in objective data and evidence to support your claims (like these ones → "a new report from SensorTower that claims that Pokemon Go players spend more than $2 million per day on the game" & "you don't want to fork out £60 to play Let's Go and actually use Meltan as a Pokemon as opposed to GO!'s terrible battle system, then you're waiting to fork out £60 for SwSh to get it as an eventual event download - which equates to, an essential cash grab."), you don't get to play the "it's my opinion" card.

Well touche. I respect that. You right.

Guys. Scorbunny has to be electric. Think about it. Hi speed, thunder wave or at least a move with paralysis, and the biggest need, Electro Ball. A soccer playing rabbit who can not only kick fire, but also balls of electricity. YES PLEASE!
I think that Scorbunny will be Fire/Electric. This all makes sense.

I thought we established spark in this sense was like spark a fire, not electric spark?

Fire/Electric is possible, but that spark does refer to fire.

I think we should wait for the middle evolution before being sure. No one imagined that Popplio would turn into a mermaid, or litten a wrestler before the infamous leaks.

Fire/Electric is possible, but that spark does refer to fire.

I think we should wait for the middle evolution before being sure. No one imagined that Popplio would turn into a mermaid, or litten a wrestler before the infamous leaks.
Might not even be sports or music themed. Many thought Gen 7 would be Circus themed and that never came about. I thought we've learn't that lesson by now.

Might not even be sports or music themed. Many thought Gen 7 would be Circus themed and that never came about. I thought we've learn't that lesson by now.

When did I say it’d be sports or music themed? It can be electric due to its speed alone without being based on sports specifically or uses static electricity due to its speed.

When did I say it’d be sports or music themed? It can be electric due to its speed alone without being based on sports specifically or uses static electricity due to its speed.
Exactly your point. The sports and music themes are what some Pokemon Fans are speculating and yet have not learn't from Gen 7.

I'm also hoping that Gen 8 will be as big as the past 6 Gens before Alola, something to rival Gen 6 even.

Also, the first city does resemble more to Manchester than Edinburgh, I've looked at the architecture and colour of stone, and it does mirror more to Manchester, despite it being moved northwards to where it should be, the second city to where Birmingham has taken it's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom