• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go with the past six gen 5, we won't even get a third version this time around

Gen 5 - no remake, third version
Gen 6 - remake, no third
Gen 7 - No remake, third, Second Main Series line
Gen 8 - remake, no third, second Main Serie line continue.
the 'patterns' are fundamentally meaningless because they arise out of decisions made by people and not biological or mathematical rules. there was no remake in Gen 5 because the 3DS was already released by the time BW2 were. there was no third version in Gen 6 because a remake would sell better. there was no remake in Gen 7 because Game Freak obviously did not want to waste resources on re-building Sinnoh.

whether we get a third version/director's cut/whatever this time is now entirely dependent on whether or not Game Freak has decided to embrace DLC.

If we go with the past six gen 5, we won't even get a third version this time around

Gen 5 - no remake, third version
Gen 6 - remake, no third
Gen 7 - No remake, third, Second Main Series line
Gen 8 - remake, no third, second Main Serie line continue.
Gen 5 has no third version. Those are sequels which is something unique that has nothing to do with yellow/crystal/emerald/platinum/usum

well if they do make a 3rd version, i'd like to see a joint 3rd version for the 2 gens that didn't have "3rd version".

especially since they seem to share some real world counterparts like the anglo-french war.

perhaps Pokémon XSword and YShield?

just a wishful thinking.

Again, it's very likely that we will get a Gen 4 remake this gen instead of a third version, especially since DS games aren't compatible with the Switch, which would make a remake of Gen 4 as a must if Sinnoh is to make a re-appearance on the Switch. Also, no, DS games simply cannot be emulated on the Switch without some major overhaul, which I doubt Nintendo will do just for an older game.

Again, it's very likely that we will get a Gen 4 remake this gen instead of a third version, especially since DS games aren't compatible with the Switch, which would make a remake of Gen 4 as a must if Sinnoh is to make a re-appearance on the Switch. Also, no, DS games simply cannot be emulated on the Switch without some major overhaul, which I doubt Nintendo will do just for an older game.
Wait, the Switch can't emulate DS? I thought that since the Wii U could do it, the Switch could, too.

Wait, the Switch can't emulate DS? I thought that since the Wii U could do it, the Switch could, too.
Nope! Unlike the Wii U, the screen of the Switch is on the device when in handheld mode, but when in the dock, it's projected onto the TV screen.

Gen 4 by now is due for a Gen 8 style makeover.

Gen 1 got it's in Gen 3 (8 years after the original)
Gen 2 got it's in Gen 4 (10 years after the original)
Gen 3 got it's in Gen 6 (12 years after the original)
Gen 4 will likely get theirs in Gen 8 (14 years after the original)

Nope! Unlike the Wii U, the screen of the Switch is on the device when in handheld mode, but when in the dock, it's projected onto the TV screen.

Gen 4 by now is due for a Gen 8 style makeover.

Gen 1 got it's in Gen 3 (8 years after the original)
Gen 2 got it's in Gen 4 (10 years after the original)
Gen 3 got it's in Gen 6 (12 years after the original)
Gen 4 will likely get theirs in Gen 8 (14 years after the original)
I think that we'll be getting a Let's Go remake of GSC instead. Patterns don't mean anything to GF.

Y’all are trying to figure out the third version when we scarcely even know anything about the first two lol
well this is basically a speculation thread to anything sword/shield related so it's just fair to speculate about it. that's why there's an "if" in most posts here i guess.

otherwise it will be called "confirmed info discussion thread" or something if we're only limited to discuss the scarce info we know about the first two you mention and i believe there are lots of separate threads for them to be discussed.

i think it's fair to let our imaginations run wild even for a short while and enjoy it while it lasts until we get more concrete info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom