• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Colress appears again in Galar, then I can see the tease toward Pokemon fusion (not this generation). We already have legendaries that can fuse, plus there is one fusion evolution, aka Mantine requiring that you evolve a Mantyke with a Remoraid in the party.

Colress would be cool again, but I'm happy if he doesn't appear. Lance and Clair should reappear, and maybe Zinnia, since all three are dragon type users.

Things you want to see done in Gen 8 Thread:
Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion Thread:
Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

Legendary Pokemon Speculation Thread:
Legendary Pokemon Speculation

Battle Mechanic Changes in Gen8 Thread:
Battle mechanic changes in Sword and Shield

Gym Speculation Thread:
Gyms Speculation Thread

Starters Discussion Thread:
Starters Discussion

All of this subjects have been talking in this thread too but no one has say anything like " go talk it in other thread"

Things you want to see done in Gen 8 Thread:
Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)
Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion Thread:
Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion
Legendary Pokemon Speculation Thread:
Legendary Pokemon Speculation
Battle Mechanic Changes in Gen8 Thread:
Battle mechanic changes in Sword and Shield
Gym Speculation Thread:
Gyms Speculation Thread
Starters Discussion Thread:
Starters Discussion

All of this subjects have been talking in this thread too but no one has say anything about it.
Except that those are related to Sword and Shield, if you want to debate topics about LGBT stuff, just do it in the Outside The Box or any part that doesn't relate to video-games.

With a new generation announcement comes a fresh new thread. Please discuss and speculate on the newly announced Gen 8 games here.

This is the OP, by the way. Tell me, is speculating and discussing want/likes about LGBT in Pokemon Sword and Shield off-topic based off the OP? If so, explain why.

This is the OP, by the way. Tell me, is speculating and discussing want/likes about LGBT in Pokemon Sword and Shield off-topic based off the OP? If so, explain why.

Please, just drop it. I'm gay/bisexual, and quite honestly I don't care about whether or not I am "represented" in the game. I just want to capture pokemon and battle. This is all I am offering in the discussion.

I don't see much parallels between Unova and Alola. The fusion, Colress, and Grimsley are the only nods to Unova that are obvious in the game. I haven't seen anything else.

I can see Pokemon continue on with the fusion idea, just not this generation. They are probably saving it for the eventual Gen 5 remakes.

It's not that it's unrelated, it's because the topic didn't end when it needed, please let's not continue that subject for the sake of this thread.

I remember a rumour from gen 7 about a cat that would have different colouring based on the breed. I would love to see that Pokemon in gen 8!

It's not that it's unrelated, it's because the topic didn't end when it needed, please let's not continue that subject for the sake of this thread.

I saw no calls for the conversation to end when the discussion about graphics dragged on for several pages. It took only one page for that to happen with LGBT.

I remember a rumour from gen 7 about a cat that would have different colouring based on the breed. I would love to see that Pokemon in gen 8!
That could be interesting, maybe it could be like Shellos and Gastrodon where its appearance varies depending on which part of the region you found it in.

I don't think that there is. Alola has more in common with Kanto and Johto than Unova.
there is although a good point there. Kalos and Galar like France and lets say England with all their colonies too taking african and European motives. Spanic feautures. Unova and Alola , USA and their Hawaian state.

I tried adding it onto my previous comment but it felt a bit cluttered.
First of all, I want this to end as much as the next person.

This debate is getting exhausting and it was ending naturally, but we need to consider that an end is difficult when someone tells possibly oppressed and discriminated segment of people that their simple wishes are irrelevant and wrong.

It’s natural for people to go into defensive/offensive over that and these kind of posts are borderline baiting them to continue since they’ll be compelled to show that they are rational humans.

I feel like PkmnTrainerV really hit the nail on the head- this conversation is emotionally draining and at this point I want it to stop just so people will stop complaining about it happening at all and we can stop having to repeatedly defend ourselves.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUS4ANDRx-k

Celebi returns to Crown City !

Crown - Sword - Shield ?

Twenty years have passed since Celebi's last visit to Crown City. What could be the reason behind its sudden return? says Youtube channel

by the way animation looks wonderfull, even tho i love sun and moon the series, i miss the old style a lot

Last edited:
I haven’t seen many leaks regarding new evos and pre-evos of old Pokémon. There used to be a ton back in the day but they probably have died down because we haven’t had any since Sinnoh (besides Sylveon). Really hoping that this is the generation where they make a return, it was my favorite part about gen 4.

If I had to choose, I would say I want pre-evos for Onix and Scyther and evolutions of Donphan and Hawlucha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom