• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Overall the game definitely felt very “epic” in many cutscenes, definitely more aimed at a somewhat older audience (similar to Gen 5), almost to the point where it almost blurs that line between E-rated game and barely-T-rated game (like Smash Bros).

And that’s all I remember from my dream.

I will remember this post when the games are actually out. If you aren't channeling some latent psychic type abilities and utilizing future sight... then expect a group of Drowzee & Hypno waiting around your bed at night, ready to devour your delicious dreams in the near future.

It's your own fault for having sweet dreams.

All this means is that we are not getting a new type.
Nor anything special for Gen 8. All It might be is just a huge Pokemon Tournament Region with all past Pokemon being available, but then that's just too soon to think about.

All this means is that we are not getting a new type.
Glad to have that one out of the way. "New type" rumors tend to be some of the worst- there's no logic to it and a new type isn't needed. A rebalancing of types would make more sense.
Nor anything special for Gen 8. All It might be is just a huge Pokemon Tournament Region with all past Pokemon being available, but then that's just too soon to think about.
That tweet really doesn't imply that there isn't anything special for Gen 8, it just says that a lot of the very basic components of Pokemon are still intact.

I'm personally on the "a new type isn't necessary" camp. I suppose an argument can be made about the dominance of Fairy now, but all that's going to do is cause whatever new type to "counter" Fairy to become overpowered itself. So a new type definitely isn't going to solve that issue.

View attachment 117353

Oh no, that reminds me, I was looking at the map again and the weird purple roof looking thing over this town really reminds me of Join Avenue, which I really hope it's not? Because after both that and Festival Plaza, I feel like I've had enough of that particular kind of multiplayer feature for a while.

It just doesn't ever feel like it works the way they wanted it to, it always feels kind of unnatural and awkward and I barely even used any of the stores/stalls beyond like, the lottery drawing ones. I think Festival Plaza is by far the worse of the two, for putting all the multiplayer online stuff IN the festival plaza instead of the much simpler and clearer PSS system from Gen 6.

Plus, if they put that in again it'll be one less new and potentially fun feature. I way prefer some sort of new experimental gameplay feature over an old, kind of unsuccessful one, rehashed for the third time.

I'm hoping that instead this building will be a regular shopping mall type area, just a small town that adds to the lore of the world, or something entirely different that they'll reveal later.
I think this is not anything like that feature. Looks like another town to me. I hope the festival plaza doesn't come back though. It was awful.

theyre totally going to skip over April tbh -- the announcement was very "soon" in TPC's eyes IMO. Also someone mentioned about maybe eveelution news in April -- well, I think they wont try to market eveelutions so soon with LGPE still being promoted.

however we always get news in may so we wont need to wait much longer.

so for now im team May.

(Also i've missed 100 pages of stuff so if there was any cool leaks, itd be cool if someone could share them with me)

All it means is that they set up a guide on their site for people who are new to the game or haven't played in a while. That's it.

Is it naive to assume that this means no more in game guides and hand holding? That Sword & Shield truly is geared towards a more serious style of JRPG?

theyre totally going to skip over April tbh -- the announcement was very "soon" in TPC's eyes IMO. Also someone mentioned about maybe eveelution news in April -- well, I think they wont try to market eveelutions so soon with LGPE still being promoted.

however we always get news in may so we wont need to wait much longer.

so for now im team May.

(Also i've missed 100 pages of stuff so if there was any cool leaks, itd be cool if someone could share them with me)
I think it depends on how much they want to show us; more 'mons, etc. might mean a longer marketing-period.

They also have skipped two months in a row before :_(
Are you talking about 2016? Because we did get some info on Magearna in April. It wasn't big news, but it was something.

Considering the lack of a Magearna this time, though, we may get some minor info on the starters instead. I really think that CoroCoro might have some small tidbit for us next month.

Are you talking about 2016? Because we did get some info on Magearna in April. It wasn't big news, but it was something.

Considering the lack of a Magearna this time, though, we may get some minor info on the starters instead. I really think that CoroCoro might have some small tidbit for us next month.
Apart from Magearna Corocoro didn't have anything till June, in gen 7. April is usually movie-related. I wouldn't expect anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom