• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pokemon Twitter was oddly quiet today. Wonder if that means anything, given their cryptic behavior the three days prior.

LMAO I FORGOT THAT LINKING 4CHAN IS NOT ALLOWED

I'm just gonna type it lol

"Explanations of the areas marked on the map"
1 these areas are completely explorable
the larger area doesn't open up until the player has 6+ badges
cities marked 2 and 3 are the final 2 gyms
story revolves around house shield and house sword which are based in these 2 cities
the leaders of each house are the final 2 gym leaders
4 is the first major city that the PC gets to, via train, skipping most of the map
you work back down through the map to the main open area throughout the course of the game
elite 4 is in this city, elite 4 play a major role in the main story, as do all of the gym leaders
promo Galar map is deceptive, this is a huge pair of games
5 is safari zone, which uses LGPE catch mechanics and encounters
6 is additional post game region with all artifacts removed from promo map
stars indicate gym locations
7 is the long man of wilmington concept, which is sadly NOT explorable"

"Major game play mechanics updates (not battle mechanics)"
they are experimenting with a quest system
first pokemon game with a quest log
gyms don't become available until certain quests completed for that gym leader
there will be roughly 120 quests in the game at publish with more planned for DLC
Example quests are like, helping a young kid catch his starter pokemon to gain the trust of the local gym leader
many quests styled after the classical ideas of a chivalrous knight
quest rewards include access to new areas of the game, TM's, items, hm 'tutors' and gym leader battles
HM system same as LGELGP but any pokemon who could normally learn the old HM is viable
Fly removed, tube lines and trains replace fly
Several locations where riding your pokemon is possible, including locations marked '4' post first 6 gyms"

"Pokemon/Battle details"
Scorbunny evo chain based on soccer player, not fighting type
Grookey evo chain based on Monkey King mythology
Sobble line is a newt concept
no new types added
a new dark type status introduced called FEAR which lowers accuracy and removes STAB
large downscaling of damage in the overall game, i'm not a competitive player but i get the feeling they are trying to make changes to the competitive scene
most core 90BP moves [read; flamethrower] have had their BP reduced to 75/80
Eeveelution type not known to me
2 Pseudo lines which are version exclusives, one based on stonehenge, one based on druid concept
Infernape, torterra, empoleon megas
Charizardite-Z added
house shield legendary is normal/steel armored horse
house sword legendary is normal/steel classical english dragon motif"

Can somwbody tell me if this was already posted?

Coming from a competitive stance that Fear status doesn't sound too appealing. Accuracy/evasion has always been an issue and for them to decrease the opponents accuracy with a status would turn competitive play to be worse than what it is now.. Combine that with Evasion from Double team or Minimize and you're dealing with a bad headache.. It'll pretty much just make Timer stalling much more of a problem for competitive play.. So hopefully this status effect doesn't happen. It'll just be too much of an issue to have around. The other part of the supposed effect wouldn't be a problem since there's already things like soak to "remove" stab. So if it was the only one then there won't be an issue.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1112878191230693378

"Good morning everybody! Start from stock Pokemon today! Melmetal large and cool!"

Couldn't have happened at a better time for me.

Also, today marks the 10th Anniversary of the Japanese airing of the Diamond and Pearl episode "Stopped in the Name of Love!" where Piplup uses an Everstone in order to help it stop evolving. Another episode concerning the Everstone happened again in English Dub release last week, this time centering around Rowlet in "No Stone Unturned!"

I really don't want the Fear status to appear in the game, this is just asking for even more annoying wild Pokemon battles. I already hate wild Pokemon who use cheap evasion tactics and moves like Protect and Detect, also forgot to mention Arena Trap. How about just letting the wild Pokemon battle end quickly when I want it to?

I really don't want the Fear status to appear in the game, this is just asking for even more annoying wild Pokemon battles. I already hate wild Pokemon who use cheap evasion tactics and moves like Protect and Detect, also forgot to mention Arena Trap. How about just letting the wild Pokemon battle end quickly when I want it to?
Let the first pokemon have a smoke ball...but I know, pokemon in the overworld for me meant not a single repel in the all game.

That's not funny. If you link 4Chan the trash from there leaks into here, slowly the forum is overcome by dark machinations. Everyone suffers.

I put "lmao" because i accidentally linked 4chan (now deleted) in a post before that leak thingy sksks

Ruffledrowlet has just shown possible leak to April's CoroCoro

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJ__JAir3Q

• Encounter over 100 Pokemon!
  • Two new Pokemon Revealed, one Satellite Pokemon (shown) and one Finch Bird Pokemon
  • Be the Master of your field! (somehow referring to your starters)
  • No news of Armored Evolution
  • 6 Stadiums (not sure if 6 Gym Masters)
Most likely this could be fakes until the magazine's reveal.

Ruffledrowlet has just shown possible leak to April's CoroCoro

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJ__JAir3Q

• Encounter over 100 Pokemon!
  • Two new Pokemon Revealed, one Satellite Pokemon (shown) and one Finch Bird Pokemon
  • Be the Master of your field! (somehow referring to your starters)
  • No news of Armored Evolution
  • 6 Stadiums (not sure if 6 Gym Masters)
Most likely this could be fakes until the magazine's reveal.

Déjà vu.

Also, today marks the 10th Anniversary of the Japanese airing of the Diamond and Pearl episode "Stopped in the Name of Love!" where Piplup uses an Everstone in order to help it stop evolving. Another episode concerning the Everstone happened again in English Dub release last week, this time centering around Rowlet in "No Stone Unturned!"
Well, I don't find that weird. With how long the anime has been running it is pretty normal that they would recycle plots (like Pikachu not evolving or that one time they re-did "Bye, Bye Butterfree" but with Dustox).

Well, I don't find that weird. With how long the anime has been running it is pretty normal that they would recycle plots (like Pikachu not evolving or that one time they re-did "Bye, Bye Butterfree" but with Dustox).
Or how Ash got Turtwig being similar to how Ash got Bulbasaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom