• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even halfway through April, everyone. Lol Since when was Corocoro the gatekeeper for new information? They haven't been the primary source for news since simultaneous global releases started (XY).
It's not even because of corocoro, it's cause of the other big news involving smash coming up anytime at this point, with hype around that currently, it might not be the best idea to suddenly advertise pokemon at this time. In othere words they missed a window

If there aught to be a female rival, her name could be Emily which means 'rival, trying to equal or excel, emulating'.

Well their taking too long to prove otherwise. We only have but so long till Smash news comes out out about Joker, and that'll get the most attention compared to SWSH who'll most likely just show the legendaries in the next batch of news
It's not even because of corocoro, it's cause of the other big news involving smash coming up anytime at this point, with hype around that currently, it might not be the best idea to suddenly advertise pokemon at this time. In othere words they missed a window
Is Smash news really that big that they couldn't run SwSh news in the same Direct for double the hype?

Not sure why news about one character for one popular game would be too much that they couldn't also share news for another. Might as well start calling it Smash Direct.

Is Smash news really that big that they couldn't run SwSh news in the same Direct for double the hype?

Not sure why news about one character for one popular game would be too much that they couldn't also share news for another. Might as well start calling it Smash Direct.
But I thought Pokemon have their own Direct, and that they don't normally showcase within a Nintendo Direct.

But I thought Pokemon have their own Direct, and that they don't normally showcase within a Nintendo Direct.
Their have been occasions where they have put up follow up news right after announcements in nintendo directs. Though they seem to do it once each game.

Well considering that people have also been going on about a stage builder being teased, that'll most likely be attached with the character announcement. So yeah, it'll most likely be it's own direct

How can we get an idea for the name of the new move ? Is there specific animation or design?

I mean, the same reasoning was used to explain why we wouldn't get a Pokémon Direct in February, except it was the other way around, with people saying that there's no way that they would announce a direct or show anything about the new games in some other way, shape or form, because we were getting movie news, and something about Gen VIII would overshadow anything else. And look how that turned out. Personally, I say we wait until the end of the mouth before crying Groudon.

I thought the Groudons from before were in reaction to Corocoro?

(Also Groudon's starting to overshadow Kyogre for the position of my favorite ORAS cover legendary... memes. Memes are powerful.)

26th April and/or May 29th.

Those are the most likely dates if we go with the shiny Pidgey Pokemon Go pic Masuda has shown on his Twitter account with CP 462 and 529 Candy.

May 29th sounds likely to me as that's similar to Sun and Moon's official reveal or starters and legendaries. 26th April meanwhile, we'll just have to wait and see if both are correct.

Take this with a grain of salt, it might not be, it's just speculating at this point.

Man I really hope nothing happens on those dates. If only so the theories around that tweet being a hint will stop/be proven false. Not because I don't like the people speculating about it, but because... fek if that ain't the dumbest way to drop hints in my eyes.
Not to mention the past two times have been weirdly "hinting" announcements for announcements. And this time it's particularly reaching if you believe the April 26th "hint" because the numbers have to be rearranged to even get that one. I don't see why Masuda would be hinting for a May announcement this far in advance either- pretty sure he's just showing off his shiny pidgey like any normal person would.

Surprised no one is saying anything about his stardust being a "hint," though, with those repeating 25's. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom