• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that can prove it is official word. This might as well be nothing.

The only thing that can prove it is official word. This might as well be nothing.
This is kind of a leak thread, though. We're not going to dismiss anything due to not being revealed officially because that's not how leaks work. And that's like saying that the starter leaks last time were nothing and we saw how those turned out.

We don't even know if this comes from an official source. The default is to assume NOTHING. It can be speculation, yes, but a leak? A leak implies it is real, and you don't know that.

Just need to look for the discrepancies in Japanese for these art concepts. Very few artist / leakers get the Japanese grammar on point. Have only seen two in 7 years get it spot on.

I mean, 99% of the time, the art itself gives it away. Very few people can match Sugimori's style on point.

D3uswCLWAAEqeue.jpg
Ew lmao i hope it dies

We don't even know if this comes from an official source. The default is to assume NOTHING. It can be speculation, yes, but a leak? A leak implies it is real, and you don't know that.
If it really was a leak, we wouldn't know if it came from an official source. Sun/Moon starter evo leak? Heck knows where it came from. LGPE lapras screenshot? No known official source.

We are discussing potential leaks and I find the "it's not from an official source" dismissal strange when leaks don't usually come from known official sources.

Wasn't it SM?
SuMo is also very commonly used. Point was that the fanbase isn't allergic to lowercase letters. =P

https://i.********/vp/1555004519970.jpg

I was just scrolling by 4chan till I came across this piece. It's not a leak or anything, but I just like the concept
wat it's a art concept.
Not really got This 4chan.

Pokestarmie on twitter is working on translating it last i heard.
XD Something about this just suddenly made me appreciate leak season all the more. Like yeah fake leakers are out to dupe people, but isn't it fun too seeing the community band together to outsmart them? I find this part of it way more fun than just waiting for official news.

I'm always iffy on the slanted camera on screen style of leaks because whenever I see them, nearly all the time they have been proven to be fake. Take the fake Starter's Final Evos for Gen 7 for example anyone?

I'm always iffy on the slanted camera on screen style of leaks because whenever I see them, nearly all the time they have been proven to be fake. Take the fake Starter's Final Evos for Gen 7 for example anyone?
What gets me more is all the ones with it zoomed up hella close, like... really? Why would you zoom in so much that the whole thing is barely in the frame.

That is so fake. The art is so rough. Like "first draft doodles", not "anime art sheet".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom