• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that translation is correct and the armor isn't limited to the prologue (which doesn't make sense to me because the last trailer barely showed it), then I am not watching the movie even out of curiosity.
Mewtwo will probably still discard it like it does in the original. Takeshi Shudo is still given the sole writing credit.

So it was a mistranslation and the armor still suppresses Mewtwo's power. That's a huge bullet dodged.

Anime Mewtwo has no business relying on technology for power when it's trying to prove its own merits. That would have been terrible, and I couldn't care less what (if anything) Game Freak want to do with Armored Mewtwo. But then according to CoroCoro, it's movie-exclusive: "The Mewtwo form that can only be seen in the movie: Its name is Armored Mewtwo!!!"

Granted, this might just be a reference to the current games, and Go alone will make this inaccurate. Still, what are they waiting for? The Mega Mewtwo promotion confirmed a game connection right away.

Last edited:
So it was a mistranslation and the armor still suppresses Mewtwo's power. That's a huge bullet dodged.

Unless Dephender has forgotten that specific part, or translated it wrong, I think so. It is still noticeable that three people here translated it similarly between each other.

Still, what are they waiting for? The Mega Mewtwo promotion confirmed a game connection right away.

Exactly. It would be weird.

Edit:

To be honest, considering the GO audience (who constantly complains of third-generation Pokémon appearing n GO on twitter), I think they're going to be very brave in throwing this thing Mewtwo into the game.

Last edited:
I don't know where the confusion is coming from, but I trust Dephender since he's been translating magazines for years. Plus, uh, the other translation really doesn't make sense. I'd believe it if we saw Armored Mewtwo in a new scene, but that isn't the case.

I'd think that the original Armored Mewtwo would be popular in Go. There is data for two Armored forms, actually.

So far, I think Sword and Shield will be a dissapointment for these reasons:

• No evil team
  • Pokemon Go Compatibility
  • Less than 100 pokemon
  • And stupid Nintendo Subscriptions

• No evil team
  • Less than 100 pokemon
What makes you think there's no evil team? Or even Pokemon GO compatibility- and why would that be a disappointment?

In my opinion, I think Sword and Shield will be pretty dissapointing games

Reasons:

• No evil team
  • Pokemon Go compatibility
  • Less than 100 pokemon
  • And Stupid Online Subscriptions

There’s going to be two teams called team Sword and team Shield, which basically try to compete against each other to see who can become champion first. Rumors say so.

• No evil team
  • Less than 100 pokemon
Well, apart from the last thing, we have no confirmation about all the others. Isn't it a bit too early to judge the games for those?
The only things we can judge right now are the graphics, the return of wild encounters, the starters and the region. On the first two I could support the complain XD

There’s going to be two teams called team Sword and team Shield, which basically try to compete against each other to see who can become champion first. Rumors say so.
...that's about the lamest rumor I've heard yet, and we just had an apple with wynaut's face on it a page ago.

There's still a possible chance we might get something tomorrow!... maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom