• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is at British standard time so it will be 2pm so that’s good unlucky for all the other people needing to wake up early for the direct, shows your a real Pokemon fan waking up at that early

Less than 5 hours... This is finally the REAL information bomb we've been waiting for for almost 2 years now. Ready to for this anticipation to evolve into true hype. Happy Direct day everyone :3
I wanted to see what the games look like above all else, and the first trailer provided that for better or worse. The other stuff has little to do with the Switch and I am not expecting earth shattering news, today or any other day. There is a reason why the rumors are so... tame.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bwwe7d/pokemon_sword_n_shield_info/

Looking at this guy's post history, he has leaked Persona 5 and Ghost Recon information before

(the new gimmick, if true, sounds absolutely horrible)
This one’s easier to debunk.
Lucario and Tyranitar were battling regular sized in the stadium.
They can’t tell if the thing is Z-Moves or not? I don’t see something similar to Z-Moves but not Z-Moves appearing since GF said that Z-Moves were supposed to provide a boost to all Pokemon and that purpose is done.

The ‘your Pokemon become giant in stadium’ is the sketchiest bit for me. If that wasn’t mentioned I was inclining towards totem-like Pokemon.

I wanted to see what the games look like above all else, and the first trailer provided that for better or worse. The other stuff has little to do with the Switch and I am not expecting earth shattering news, today or any other day. There is a reason why the rumors are so... tame.
What do you mean with "earth shattering news"? Aside from the new battle mechanic I don't think anyone is expecting a complete overhaul of any existing features. For me, just getting to see more of what should be a wonderful new Pokémon game on a new console is enough. Great new features don't always have to be super flashy, look at the PSS and the Poké Rides for example.

I'm not expecting anything major but remember that we just don't know what makes these games different from past generations. The graphics are not that major changement, the starters are always the starters, the region is a traditional pokemon region, gyms are back, the main characters look like traditional pokemon characters etc.
I think today they will show some new things. Sure, professor, legends, release date, starters in battle and some new pokemon are almost guaranted but I think there's something we just don't expect, some new feature that these games have and past games don't.

In all seriousness I am actually quite into the idea of kaiju Pokemon fights. They had a few episodes of the original series that featured various kinds of giant Pokemon so it would feel very nostalgic for me.

There's also VR Plant leaking stuff (he predicted things like a Shovel Knight expansion for Just Shapes & Beats and Fire Piranha Plant for Mario Tennis):
-Wild Pokemon are like Pokemon Let's Go (not sure about catching mechanics) [Roaming Pokemon, although I wouldn't hold my breath for this one]
- "Open World" in routes
-Will have raid battles for local and online [Probably what the Reddit leak confused for giant Pokemon]
-Release date is November 15th
Thankfully there's only 3 hours till we know for certain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom