• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this look similar to one episode in Advance where Treeko and Gulpin grew gigantic and fought each other in battle?

probably because it's now a Let's Go-brand thing.

Just like overworld encounters was a Let's Go-brand thing until yesterday? Really, it's just a design choice.

Let's Go and SwSh were developed almost at the same time, by different teams (which probably "rotated" employees among themselves sometimes), they were games developed with different approachs and purposes. Just because apparently following Pokémon isn't in this game does not mean that it's an exclusive thing from Let's Go from now on (we don't even know if we'll still have more Let's Go games).

This was the one I was talking about. It claims to be posted on May 23rd, yet no one had even heard of it until today, after the direct ended.

Then it becomes more to do with the fact that we haven’t had a female rival that isn’t the opposite gendered protagonist in the series.

Are we not counting Bianca? Unlike Shauna, Bianca had a reasonably solid team and a prominent character arc. Or do we just mean a female rival who uses the strong Starter?
I honestly forgot about her...

This was the one I was talking about. It claims to be posted on May 23rd, yet no one had even heard of it until today, after the direct ended.
So we got that link, and it’s pretty clear it’s not a photoshopped date...
And finding leaks which got things correct after official info dumps is a regular occurrence at this point.

Somebody probably already posted these, but-
If that leak is true, I'd bet the creature on this kid's shirt is the chipmunk that attacks you for shaking berry trees, and there's a camping tent behind Sobble in the one shot that looks kind of like Pokemon Amie...

Not sure if this lends credence to the leak, or if it was written by someone who just saw this trailer early and they were just very observant...

Man, I think it might be real. Maybe it still has some fake stuff thrown in though? That tends to happen with real leaks...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 10.20.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 10.20.42 AM.png
    361 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 12.37.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 12.37.39 PM.png
    623.4 KB · Views: 84
The fact that the rumor claims that the Fairy gym is the first one ever gives credence to the idea that this was made by someone who saw the trailer early.

Looks like the games will include random encounters and overworld Pokemon. From the direct, I thought the overworld Pokemon were restricted to the Wild Area, but it looks like normal routes will provide both options. (Also, this is completely a guess, but from the video, it looked like you could choose whether to approach the !, which would mean random encounters can also be dodged/avoided just like overworld encounters).

All this information is on the Pokemon Sword and Shield website which you can visit. It contains a lot of extra information not included in the direct. For character descriptions, Sonia is revealed to have been childhood friends with the Champion Leon.

Geez.....can we just say we got a pretty legit leak for once without trying debunk what's not confirmed yet? Already got a familiar feel from another forum for another upcoming game of course legit leaks could have fake stuff with real stuff but in this case it doesn't seem that out there compare to the latter of another leak I mentioned. I do think this should obviously be put on notice in case more stuff later down gets confirmed.

I love the new Pokemon! Especially Corviknight, that thing looks badass and already has a spot on my team!

Generally I liked everything that was shown in the direct except Dynamax. Just another power-up mechanic than will complicate the battle system even more, only to be forgotten next generation, like Mega Evolution and Z-moves. Sure it does looks flashy and cool, but other than that I'm not too interested.

I wish they’d have experimented with Corviknight’s type... Dark/Steel or Electric/Steel?

Either way it’s currently my favourite from Galar currently.

I’m waiting on the sheep’s evolutions.

As for starters, I like Scorbunny but Sobble happens to be a 1:1 match for my personality (I was really notorious as a crybaby in my earlier school years, and have thankfully grown up a little). And I’m also highly emotional like it so I’m as invested in sobble’s evolution as Scorbunny’s now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom