• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez.....can we just say we got a pretty legit leak for once without trying debunk what's not confirmed yet? Already got a familiar feel from another forum for another upcoming game of course legit leaks could have fake stuff with real stuff but in this case it doesn't seem that out there compare to the latter of another leak I mentioned. I do think this should obviously be put on notice in case more stuff later down gets confirmed.

I just was thrown off because we just got a trailer, and there've been so many fake leaks up until this point, it felt kind of sudden and confusing- but I AM probably biased by a good deal of the usual 'there's things i don't want to happen in this so I'm kind of hoping it's not true' sort of thinking, so I'm gonna try to cut that out.

I agree now that this looks fairly legit and we should wait and see whether stuff from it ends up happening in future trailers.

Same thing happened with the Chinese leaks. It didn’t show up until after the salandit trailer.

And there was nothing to back up whether or not it was actually posted before the trailer, or made afterwords.

Although it was 99% correct (most of the inconsistencies were mistranslations).

View attachment 119254

View attachment 119256

View attachment 119260

Looks like the games will include random encounters and overworld Pokemon. From the direct, I thought the overworld Pokemon were restricted to the Wild Area, but it looks like normal routes will provide both options. (Also, this is completely a guess, but from the video, it looked like you could choose whether to approach the !, which would mean random encounters can also be dodged/avoided just like overworld encounters).

All this information is on the Pokemon Sword and Shield website which you can visit. It contains a lot of extra information not included in the direct. For character descriptions, Sonia is revealed to have been childhood friends with the Champion Leon.
Now, that's the greatest news I received today.

The description on the Sword and Shield website about Leon says,

SWSH Website said:
Leon is the current Champion of the Galar region and has never been defeated in an official Pokémon battle. His personality, together with his peerless skill, has made him extremely popular. He truly deserves the title of "the greatest Trainer in all of Galar".

All the other champions never had descriptions like this. It's a bold (no pun intended) statement to make about a never defeated champion. Now I know that the current champion stands as undefeated until the player character comes along, but none of the others have ever been given such descriptions that directly state that they've never been defeated in an official pokemon battle. Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Iris, Diantha...

Which makes me think there's gotta be some back story to that.

and here comes the fanfics

To be fair Flying/Steel isn't all that common, we only have 2 other pokemon with the same type (Skarmory and Celesteela).
I hope Corviknight leans on the offensive side unlike them, or it’s at least fun to use!

I was hopeful for an interesting secondary type since it’s features screamed a dark or electric twist to me, and it used a move I thought might be electric.

I will say the Wild Area looks spectacular.

Aside of my darling (Sonia :love:) and Wooloo, the Wild Area is the best thing of today's announcement.

Corviknight being Steel/Flying is a bit ???. Would have expected Steel/Dark.

I'm hoping Sobble's final evo is good. I'd absolutely love it to take this crybaby Pokémon and together with me, make it achieve greatness.

View attachment 119254

View attachment 119256

View attachment 119260

Looks like the games will include random encounters and overworld Pokemon. From the direct, I thought the overworld Pokemon were restricted to the Wild Area, but it looks like normal routes will provide both options. (Also, this is completely a guess, but from the video, it looked like you could choose whether to approach the !, which would mean random encounters can also be dodged/avoided just like overworld encounters).

All this information is on the Pokemon Sword and Shield website which you can visit. It contains a lot of extra information not included in the direct. For character descriptions, Sonia is revealed to have been childhood friends with the Champion Leon.
How people are missing this???? they needed to show this on the direct smh

How people are missing this???? they needed to show this on the direct smh
No matter what, GF needs to learn how to make clear marketing. Why on earth did they show a random encounter in the first trailer as the only way you can encounter wild pokemon?

Leon might not be the actual champion. The only champion that we knew was the champion before the battle was Alder, and he ended up not being the final boss of the game. There's theories that Leon is actually the game's main antagonist.
Just as I was wondering about Leon, I happen to read back on this....

and not gonna lie, if there's some gigantic story waiting behind Leon, and if they pull another N, it might be one of the biggest twists of the Pokemon games XD

Fun fact everybody: the legendary names are literally just alluding to their color. Zamazenta is a corruption of the Japanese word for magenta which is a shade between red and purple while Zacian is cyan which is a blue green shade.

Adding something interesting to this.

These two colours are part of the CMYK color model. Other than Cyan and Magenta, it also concludes Yellow and Black. So the third legendary could have something to do with Yellow and/or Black.

I hope Corviknight leans on the offensive side unlike them, or it’s at least fun to use!

I was hopeful for an interesting secondary type since it’s features screamed a dark or electric twist to me, and it used a move I thought might be electric.

Yeah, I was sure it was going to be Dark/Flying or Dark/Steel while watching the direct, so not being a dark-type at all was surprising to me. Electric on the other hand didn't cross my mind. I'm not sure it fits a knight raven thematically.

The Jaanese site had some cute extra pics of Grookey and even ugly little Sobble.

Wonder if we might get a sense of a lineage of champions for a change (With names and pictures of past champions, something I don't think the franchise really does.)

Beyond games with some time skips to them (Kanto and Unova), the only two cases we see mention of past champions are in the anime, either explicly (the Orange league had a long dead champion shown off in the ghost ship epiosde) or sort of slyly shown (In the DP era Wallace was champion, and in XY era it is Steven, leading one to assume Steven defeated Wallace).
I meant I'm going to defeat Leon, as it's been my goal in every main-series title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom