• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. The news doesn’t really affect me, tbh. I never transfer from older games, and I enjoy every single game of the saga for what it is and as a self-contained adventure. My DP Floatzel is still chilling in DP, for example.

Besides, let’s be real: we have hit the 800+ mark, and it’s already a pain in the butt filling in the dex as is. People who had bought past games can transfer Pokémon easily, but what about the new players? The people who start with Galar? If all, having a reduced dex would make things fairer for the latter group.

It’s unfortunate that maybe you won’t be able to play with your favorite species, in case it didn’t get through the cut, but take it as an incentive to experiment with new Pokémon, maybe ones that you had overlooked in past gameplays. This is something that Colosseum, XD and BW pulled off fairly well, so why not give a chance to some new Pokémon rather than using X species for the X-th time?
Ok but what about people like me, who now have wasted hundreds of hours creating not only a living dex, a livong dex with all alternate forms, shiny pokemon, ev trained pokemom, and pokemon from as far back as emerald? Its BS, its fine for those who don't transfer but other people have wasted alot of time they invested in these games.

One things for sure I get the message gamefreak I was wrong to ever invest my time in your game, weather it was for collective purposes, or competitive, this is a direct spit in the face for the time I invested in their games. I get it you guys want people to just be casual with your games, fine you win gamefreak take your new age casual gameplay and shove it into the kids faces.

I will give the games a chance but I will no longer collect or waste anymore time in their games once the credits roll since that seems to be what they want.

it's confirmed from a screenshot to be just electric. might have a fairy type evolution though. it was lvl 50 in the screenshots, but maybe there aren't evolvable pokemon in these demos??
If they’re the same as in the treehouse demo, they are equipped with everstones.
Regardless, the starters are 50 as well and they aren’t evolved.

"This is a game meant for long time fans of the series."

I don't think they understand what the majority of the fan base wants, whatsoever. Endless focus on battle gimmicks doesn't cut it because the game was made and designed around collecting monsters. And I'm insulted that they've claimed it's for the sake of balance whatsoever. It was only because they didn't want to add more work onto themselves, despite having plenty access to new, and the best, character modelers if they would hire them. And if they didn't want the added complexity of new hires, then let the game have more than a couple years' devtime. Or, stop adding features nobody wanted or asked for.
But disregarding even that, If all of those old models and animations existed in the 3DS era, including the walking animations, then why don't they exist now? The Switch was going to be the first console that wouldn't hold the team back with hardware limitations; and now that those are gone, they aren't even using that newly awakened oppurtunity. Gen 7 had to lag for it and still had everyone available, but now that it can run smoothly, they've decided to abandon the concept that made Pokemon what it was in the first place- a collecting and battling game with endless combinations and variety in your team.
If we're expected to pay 30$ more for this game (including the integral online features that used to be free) then I don't want it to have less Pokemon content than a DS game.

The new Pokemon are super cute :bulbaLove:

They didn't mention Z-Moves replacing Mega's though. Thats the thing and there is also the thing that if you cannot transfer Pokemon that aren't in the Galar dex and for example Aggron is not in it, that means you cannot have Mega Aggron, so the most logical thing is too permanently remove Mega's and Z-Moves, especially since Dynamax seems a mix of both.

I dunno, it just didn't sound that way to me. I feel like 'replace' was a weird word to use there. Then again I could be wrong and maybe they are gone. We'll just have to wait to see.

I don't think they understand what the majority of the fan base wants, whatsoever. Endless focus on battle gimmicks doesn't cut it because the game was made and designed around collecting monsters. And I'm insulted that they've claimed it's for the sake of balance whatsoever. It was only because they didn't want to add more work onto themselves, despite having plenty access to new, and the best, character modelers if they would hire them. And if they didn't want the added complexity of new hires, then let the game have more than a couple years' devtime. Or, stop adding features nobody wanted or asked for.
But disregarding even that, If all of those old models and animations existed in the 3DS era, including the walking animations, then why don't they exist now? The Switch was going to be the first console that wouldn't hold the team back with hardware limitations; and now that those are gone, they aren't even using that newly awakened oppurtunity. Gen 7 had to lag for it and still had everyone available, but now that it can run smoothly, they've decided to abandon the concept that made Pokemon what it was in the first place- a collecting and battling game with endless combinations and variety in your team.
If we're expected to pay 30$ more for this game (including the integral online features that used to be free) then I don't want it to have less Pokemon content than a DS game.
While I don’t agree with the decision, not all old fans look into Pokémon games for the same reasons. Collecting, battles, lore, story, exploration, competitive, everyone looks at different things.

So, with the leaks proving true, that means we at least know how the starters will end, appearance wise anyways. But I want a show of hands. Who would really care if Scorbunny is another Fire/Fighting?

Impidimp is indeed confirmed to be Dark/Fairy. Yesss, I've been waiting on this awesome STAB combination, and it's a neat devil/fiend/imp concept that I was thinking would work well for that typing too. It definitely makes up for no dullahan as the first Ghost/Fairy (sorry, Mimikyu).

So, with the leaks proving true, that means we at least know how the starters will end, appearance wise anyways. But I want a show of hands. Who would really care if Scorbunny is another Fire/Fighting?
I'd rather it be Fire/Fighting than pure Fire. Although we're due for an 8th single-type starter final evolution, I hate that it looks like that'll be the case for the first time that the fire starter is my favorite...go figure. I thought GF might've been done with single-type starter final evolutions after the last two generations, but if there's anything I've learned after all this time, it's that you can never make assumptions about Pokemon based on trends. GF really likes to buck its trends. Fire/Fairy or Fire/Electric would be awesome, but I honestly would take anything over just another Fire-type.

I very much agree with you, but... I can't believe so many people fell for this cheap PR statement...

I didn't believe them for a second...

Okay people who aren’t upset about news. Good for you

But to tell others they shouldn’t feel mad about it. Is ridiculous

Like a lot of play Pokémon to COLLECT them. Gotta catch them all

Empathize for them but saying people shouldn’t be mad or upset about news is childish
Preach!!!! I am allowed to be mad cause I am a fan since i was 7 and collecting pokemon since then and We cannot just let them do this and go down with it...

If you are a real fan have concern for the franchise... Dont tolerate bad things speak up they need it to better themselves

See what happen to apple too much toleration from there fanbase made them stale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom