• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One slang term: Genwun.

Bet Leon's team is some combo of Charizard, Mewtwo, Gyrados, Arcanine, Gengar, Pikachu, and Lapras. Count on it.

Nah man, they can't give this unappealing, abomination of a 'Champion' an Arcanine.

I won't allow it!

Who's to say the models aren't even in there already, though? I mean Sun and Moon had every single Refresh model, fighting model, and the walking Pokemon in there. 800+ of those were never used.

The difference is that you could transfer them from Bank into SUMO/USUM even if they weren't in the Pokedex. Why bother putting the models in if its not gonna be the case this time, since that totally defeats the purpose of the mons not being transferable.

Could it be that they will allow the rest of the pokemon into the game in a patch later on? like after they have updated the rest of the pokemon models?

GameFreak doesn't do free updates.

Best Case Scenario - Old Pokemon are patched in.

Worst Case Scenario - Every new Pokemon generation consists of Kanto 151 + 300 random oldies + 50 New Pokemon and all the old ones rot in Pokemon Home.

Most Likely Scenario - Wait 2 years to buy Pokemon Ultra Sword or Ultra Diamond to access all 900 Pokemon.

The difference is that you could transfer them from Bank into SUMO/USUM even if they weren't in the Pokedex. Why bother putting the models in if its not gonna be the case this time, since that totally defeats the purpose of the mons not being transferable.
I guess for future use if they update the dex.

The same reason they bothered putting all the walking Pokemon in Sun and Moon if only a hand full of them were even used.

They don't have good space management...but now we know what they were meant to be used for.

Simply , they’re going to update the Galar dex, because they’d have the new model ready.

What they said are the plans for now. There’s no reason to talk about what will happen with a remake of Gen 4. Granted, the most negative outcome is possible, but it’s not the only one.
Hahaha you're funny, gamefreak doing patches xD

They didn't even do a patch for xy when oras gave us new megas, or for sm when usum gave us new pokemon.

Grookey final evolution

They lied, they said it was due to time constraints but they already have 807 in USUM. So the only models they need to do are the new ones.

So USUM and SM actually, 2x 3DS Games are going to have more Pokemon programmed into them than the debut (LGPE) and 2nd set (SW/SH) of games on Switch. Disgusting!

Wow. I'm used to Gamefreak excluding old features from new games but I never thought they would also start excluding old pokemon. This kind of killed the hype for me. I guess it would've been fine if they were to slowly add old pokemon through updates, but I have a feeling that's not gonna happen. They'll probably put them in another cashgrab "third version" and market them as a "feature".

Hahaha you're funny, gamefreak doing patches xD

They didn't even do a patch for xy when oras gave us new megas, or for sm when usum gave us new pokemon.
they didn't do patch for the 3DS systems because the 3DS games were technically incompatible with patches; the games performed no SD card checks prior to booting so you could end up with corrupt and lost data if someone inadvertently didn't have the patches. the Switch by default should be much more compatible with patches.

that and there's a bit of a difference between a few new forms, which is pretty par for the course from pokemon games, and hundreds of pokemon.

I'm fairly sure Leon's Charizard is just a placeholder. There's no way his ace Pokémon is not a Galarian one.

They even showcased Steven with a Mega Charizard X during pre-release ORAS only to wait longer for a Mega Metagross announcement:

ABGHoHY.jpg
I'm pretty sure Charizard just has a new form similar to Diantha's Gardevoir

Wow. I'm used to Gamefreak removing features in new games but I never thought they would also start removing old pokemon. This kind of killed the hype for me. I guess it would've been fine if they were to slowly add new pokemon through updates, but I have a feeling that's gonna happen. They'll probably put them in another cashgrab "third version" and market them as a "feature".

Coming November 2020, Pokemon SharpSword and Pokemon SturdyShield

New features: Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, send all 900+ Pokemon from Home to your new games.
$50 extra please

so do you think they will come out with another set of games or a thrid version that allows you to transfer all the older mons and not just some?

They lied, they said it was due to time constraints but they already have 807 in USUM. So the only models they need to do are the new ones.

So USUM and SM actually, 2x 3DS Games are going to have more Pokemon programmed into them than the debut (LGPE) and 2nd set (SW/SH) of games on Switch. Disgusting!
I don’t know if they’re lying or not, but their official reasoning is that they’re updating the old models, as well their animations (possibly move-related as well).

so do you think they will come out with another set of games or a thrid version that allows you to transfer all the older mons and not just some?
they'll probably have some amount of DLC. inclusion of the older pokemon will probably just be free patches but they may decide to include more Episodes that are small paid DLCs. around the time of USUM they said they were re-evaluating their stance on DLC.

I just came back from Serebii to see what was revealed and.
impidimp2.jpg

FINALLY MY DARK FAIRY HAS COME AND HE'S ADORABLE. COME TO PINKICEFOX YOU SWEET, PRECIOUS LITTLE DEMON CHILD. MY LITTLE BABY BOO.
Not keen tbh, first of the new Gen 8 Pokemon I don't like sadly.

they'll probably have some amount of DLC. inclusion of the older pokemon will probably just be free patches but they may decide to include more Episodes that are small paid DLCs. around the time of USUM they said they were re-evaluating their stance on DLC.

So hope you're right, if they plan to patch in older Pokemon at a later date for free similar to how they do in Go, I could understand that, but they should come out and say it straight away to ease fans fears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom