• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they really weren't planning on adding the rest later not only would there be nor reason for Home to exist, but they also wouldn't have warned people about the inaccessability ahead of time
Did you miss the part where they said that it’s going to be a policy for every game from now on?

I can't blame them, you are right. It's a sound business decision to release a game earlier, if you are sure people will buy it anyway.

What I am asking Masuda, is to politely LIE to us, and make up an alternative excuse, in order to give us the illusion of a complete, finished game.

"The game is not complete yet, but we are releasing it anyway because we didn't want to keep our impatient fans waiting too long" is such an anti-PR statement imo.

I personally prefer the honesty. It would be worse to come up with several different excuses than coming clean and being upfront about it the way he did. Besides, he isn't saying the game is incomplete, he just said they are making some certain decisions so it can come out sooner than it would if they did not.

IMO, nothing to me says the game is incomplete and they're going to be releasing it at anything other than it's fullest potential that they are able to create.

Anyone ever thought of they were planning on adding the rest in later and there was no need for the backlash? No? we're just going to assume they don't know how to do what they have been doing for years cause lack of context? Okay.
Based on the translation, this is their policy now. Focus only on the regional dex because only that will be in the games. We already saw this policy without noticing ig in lgpe when only kanto pokemom were in it even after the post game. We just thought it was because of nostalgia bs but it was the start of this bs.

Anyone ever thought of they were planning on adding the rest in later and there was no need for the backlash? No? we're just going to assume they don't know how to do what they have been doing for years cause lack of context? Okay.
We just go by what they literally said, though. There was no mention of "will be added later", the direct quotes mentioning it's due to a policy change actually speak the complete opposite.

There is no "lack of context" if someone comes forward and just states this, either.

After the reveal of Wooloo and Corviknight, here is GF back in form with the meme Impidimp and the ugly Yamper.

I thought the former was some shit cartoon meme when I saw it on reddit making fun of GF's moronic decision, but then, it's actually canon. Wtf is that? It's immediately one of the worst designed Pokemon. It doesn't help that it looks like 2D flat animation.

The corgi is disappointing because it seems so bland. Whilst Pokemon have got more overdesigned over the years, this just looks...like a rough outline.

Anyway, good to see the backlash against GF. SwSh are far from the upgrades that other Nintendo titles got, and as some have said in this thread, it's past time for fresh blood to replace Masuda and co. I think they even mentioned that Team A worked on Home/other titles while Team B worked on Pokemon. Funny how they want to be known for something else but they can't even deliver justice and respect to the franchise that made them. Looks like Niantic isn't the only incompetent company handling Pokemon now.

Didn't that slogan die in gen 3? It never made an appearance in games after that, right?
Nope, they revived it in generation 6 and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it used since then. As far as making an appearance in-game I’m not sure if it’s appeared since gen 2, but that didn’t stop it from being the overarching slogan.

I do sympathize with those who are upset. After all TONS of hours have been spent. Real life money has been spent. However, what are we suppose to do when we get 1500 mons? And is there any kind of compromise or trade off you would accept or be content with?

I personally prefer the honesty. It would be worse to come up with several different excuses than coming clean and being upfront about it the way he did. Besides, he isn't saying the game is incomplete, he just said they are making some certain decisions so it can come out sooner than it would if they did not.

IMO, nothing to me says the game is incomplete and they're going to be releasing it at anything other than it's fullest potential that they are able to create.

But, as others have said, GF's statements ring hollow because you know that Pikachu will never not be included. If there's even 1 Pokemon that is untouchable, that destroys the premise of the Pokemon "fitting the game". It's new Pokemon + untouchables. Not sure you can really trust GF to decide what fits the games and what doesn't.

I think big picture, this is just Gamefreak reading the writing on the wall.
Eventually, short of a hard reboot, you're going to have some Pokemon you need to leave out.

It's not an ideal situation, but it does make some sense. We're very close to that 1,000 mark.
Imagine if every time you shifted hardware you had to program in 1,000+ sprites and all that comes with it.

So... if we can bring Mew to these games so is it a part of the Galar Dex?
Another case of Kanto favouritism...
I don't think this is Kanto favourism. This is more an attempt to make the Pokeball plus compatible with the upcoming games. If the people who buy this now don't own Lgpe then they miss out on Mew.

Sorry, I forgot it's common practise to make a new policy for a single entry in your series, to then change that policy again for the next pair of games. My bad.
With GF, that often scraps or revamp features from Gen to Gen, I wouldn’t bet against it.

Though I admit that my per-game basis evaluation of every features or policy is based on following different software houses.

I do think it’s better to be cautious and not too hopeful on this policy being revamped in the future, though. And for those that this news is gamebreaker, they should definitely
Not buy the games just with hope that in future they’ll add every Pokémon.

I don't think this is Kanto favourism. This is more an attempt to make the Pokeball plus compatible with the upcoming games. If the people who buy this now don't own Lgpe then they miss out on Mew.
It seemed more like they’re saving the device from becoming obsolete for people who already bought it with LGPE, since it cannot be used as a controller in SwSh.
Allowing that transfer might be a last ditch attempt at getting people to buy it.

I thought the former was some shit cartoon meme when I saw it on reddit making fun of GF's moronic decision, but then, it's actually canon. Wtf is that? It's immediately one of the worst designed Pokemon. It doesn't help that it looks like 2D flat animation.
I like Impidimp. U wanna fite m8? (9o-o)9

Nope I even looked back to his words, and so far what this policy even is wasn't defined, just the decision made due to the policy. So honestly it seems people are just misconstruing what he said.
He also said that the direction will be the same moving forward.
I’d rather not be deluded only to be disappointed later on if I were heavily invested in this.
Currently if someone looks at their words this is the meaning inferred. You’ve got to use either faith or twist his words to get the meaning that they’ll be added later on, and 'Gamefreak' and 'faith' have never meshed well for me.

With GF, that often scraps or revamp features from Gen to Gen, I wouldn’t bet against it.

Though I admit that my per-game basis evaluation of every features or policy is based on following different software houses.

I do think it’s better to be cautious and not too hopeful on this policy being revamped in the future, though. And for those that this news is gamebreaker, they should definitely
Not buy the games just with hope that in future they’ll add every Pokémon.
Game Freak does scrap or revamp features a lot, yeah. So sure, it doesn't mean it's a complete certainty that regional dex only will stay a thing for as long as Pokémon games keep coming, but for now, this is the statement we do have and it's a bit fairer to judge someone (although here it's more Game Freak as a whole, not a single person) by what they choose to state and do, instead of what you personally hope, assume or expect to happen. If the future looks different, that's a thing to judge when that time happens.

I absolutely agree about being cautious and not buying a game just to hope for a future patch or similar, though. Sales tend to speak a bit louder than mere online complaints, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom