• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we obviously don't have nearly all the information on the games yet, but do you all think they are going to add any new methods for shiny hunting (kinda like they did with SOS chaining in Sun/Moon)? Maybe something to do with the wild areas?

Gen 6 with X and Y and OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire slumped in Japan. I know it did well, including the anime and movie, but money-wise with the box office, and sales. Not to mention Yo-Kai trending in Japan, it slumped. That's why with Gen 7 with the movies, anime and games, Game Freak tried to spice things up for the already over 20 year old franchise.

Not that armor evolution needed any further beating with a stick but-

Serebii said:
The in theater distributions have been confirmed for the upcoming movie Mewtwo Strikes Back EVOLUTION. Unlike most prior years, there has been no game related distribution announced, but rather they have announced that if you go to the movie you will receive a special Armored Mewtwo Promo Card as well as the usual disc for the arcade game Pokémon Ga-Olé. It's currently unclear if this promotional card will come to the west

I'm sort of surprised that we really do not appear to be getting a promotional Armor Mewtwo in Sword and Shield? I mean, maybe not that surprised at this point with everything that they've been cutting out, but it did sorta feel like an Ash-Greninja opportunity. Not disappointed, though, because I am still very much not loving that armor redesign.

I hadn't had time to mention this amidst all of the other stuff, but I like how they're following Sun and Moon's execution of allowing trainers to use PokeBalls other than the standard, Milo has his Pokemon in Ultra Balls and Nessa has hers in Dive Balls. I was worried about that not being done again, but I'm glad to see that it is.

They only confirmed Ash-Greninja a month before SM's release, so who knows.
True, but it also didn't have its own movie, I'd expect a Magearna sort of distribution--- which I just looked back and actually Magearna was distributed via QR code on a Ga-Ole disk? Maybe Armor Mewtwo will be in Sword and Shield after all...

Though I think the QR code was announced beforehand, not revealed later, so we're still in a "will they or won't they" territory leaning towards "maybe not."

So supposedly the 3 clouds above a dynamaxed Pokemon represents the 3 turns and a cloud disappears every round.

Which may mean there are about 4 different models per Pokemon that can Dynamax. And since its something every Pokemon can use... That is a ton of work for Gamefreak, especially if its true that Nintendo is pressuring Gamefreak to release a Pokemon game every year.

So supposedly the 3 clouds above a dynamaxed Pokemon represents the 3 turns and a cloud disappears every round.

Which may mean there are about 4 different models per Pokemon that can Dynamax. And since its something every Pokemon can use... That is a ton of work for Gamefreak, especially if its true that Nintendo is pressuring Gamefreak to release a Pokemon game every year.
Why... wouldn't they just... make the clouds its own separate asset... instead of making separate models for each pokemon? D|

Why... wouldn't they just... make the clouds its own separate asset... instead of making separate models for each pokemon? D|
VWuf9FX.png

Inb4 GF releases a cash grab third version that has some of the missing stuff.

Most people have already speculated that that's probably going to happen. Some mons here, version exclusives add in some other options, and save the rest for the third version~

It's plausible IMO but I think it's much more likely they'll add the others in some form of DLC before we get any kind of 3rd version~

To me, Valerie was actually one of the most memorable characters I'm Kalos. The most forgetful gym leader of Kalos for me was the grass gym leader. I remember he was an old man with closed eyes, his town was close to water, his gym was SUPER immersive inside, like I LOVED his gym. But I don't remember his name. I always forget about him and think his gym is someone else's. But Valerie was definitely memorable. I hope Opal looks like Opal from Steven Universe a bit hahaha but that probably won't happen.

I'm wondering if we will continue to see a balance of male and female gym leaders, as we have in the past.

Edit: his name is Ramos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom