• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my understanding is correct, capturing a Max Raid Pokémon works just like in GO (once your team defeats it, everyone gets a chance to capture it), except, unlike GO, you only get to throw one Poké Ball (unless you use a Yamper) and it has a chance to fail.

They already confirmed only one Player gets a shot at capturing the Pokemon and can keep it. The rest gets other rewards.

I think I might have discovered a new Pokémon? D: Who might this be? Doesn't look like the Ralts line, nor Mr.Mime's.

Attachments

• 6_11_maxraid_2_2x.jpg
    6_11_maxraid_2_2x.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 125
I think I might have discovered a new Pokémon? D: Who might this be? Doesn't look like the Ralts line, nor Mr.Mime's.

I actually think that it is a Ralts’ minisprite. The horns and pose match.

On another note, I really love that Scorbunny sprite! :3

I actually think that it is a Ralts’ minisprite. The horns and pose match.

On another note, I really love that Scorbunny sprite! :3
Ah, could be! I was picturing side by side horns instead of front and back, damn perspective!

Do you have an Old 3DS or a New 3DS? Because I have lag during battles with my Old 3DS in both pairs of Gen VII games.
2ds. i havent played in a bit so there might be like a second for the moves to load but with lets go i had several seconds of lag for moving in the overworld with all those pokemon there

If you play offline, shouldn't it be impossible for one of Max Raid NPCs to catch it? If so, that'd be a benefit to playing offline.
Now imagine it doesn't work like that and, adding to it to make the worst case scenario, you just battled an overly strong, super rare raid Pokémon that also happened to be shiny (not sure they can be shiny, but eh) and then a freaking NPC catches it.

I'm not sure if I'd laugh or cry in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom