• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah! A part of me wonders what would happen if they indeed said “SwSh are postponed indefinitely!” and began releasing only spin-off thingies (Pokémon Masters, Detective Pikachu 2 and the likes).

How would the fandom react, in that case? Would we get a #BringBackPokemonSwordAndShield, or would they say good riddance?

Should be an interesting scenario to behold.

Tumblr has been on fire since her reveal.

Some of them took it upon themselves to make edit her art to have a one piece and swim trunks (At the same time!)...the other half is trying to put the fire out by posting real pictures of how skimpy Olympic swimsuits are.

Somebody who's Haitian even posted their opinion on it.

But apparently there's a bigger outcry from the people who think she's a racist and sexist stereotype because she's a sexy black woman and not like...a water trainer who wears a swimsuit in a water gym.

Nah im not talking about Nessa Im talking about how racist it is to cut half of the pokemon from getting to the region. Didnt even know about the nessa thing really

Nah im not talking about Nessa Im talking about how racist it is to cut half of the pokemon from getting to the region. Didnt even know about the nessa thing really
Ahh...I see.

Either way though, I think it would still be more fitting to say it was due to in-universe Brexit than being racist. Mostly because there's always something going on about that since the Jynx incident.

Ah! A part of me wonders what would happen if they indeed said “SwSh are postponed indefinitely!” and began releasing only spin-off thingies (Pokémon Masters, Detective Pikachu 2 and the likes).

How would the fandom react, in that case? Would we get a #BringBackPokemonSwordAndShield, or would they say good riddance?

Should be an interesting scenario to behold.
Probably "Good, they're actually going to clean up the game, and hopefully there won't be T-Posing Wingulls in the final product." I honestly don't think there'd be any backlash over the game being delayed. The people who have been rallying for the dex have not once ever said "And by the way, the game better come out this November, too!". Most people rallying want the game to be pushed back and polished so that it can be complete.

Grass/Rock is not good. It only resists Electric and Normal while still being weak to Bug, Fighting, Ice, and Steel, with the middle two being especially problematic. Look at Cradily. It has a good stat spread and movepool to be good defensively - it just doesn't have enough resistances, even with Storm Drain. I'd say Grass/Fairy and Grass/Steel fit the bill for good defensive types including Grass. Grass/Ghost, Grass/Psychic, and Grass/Poison are decent, even if they have a lot of weaknesses.

Also, where are you getting those stats for Grookey?
When the demo was out some people checked the summaries of the starters, two were Hardy but Grookey was adamant, and some came up with an estimate what their base stats were

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bzu0az/possible_stats_for_pokemon/

Here

I don't know if GF will retcon some Megas into normal evolutions, they haven't retconned Leafeon and Glaceon to be stone evolutions.
But I would be down for them retconning the Megas of single-stage mons like Mawille and Absol.
Also, MCY and MMX were unneeded. And Mega Ray is broken and has a higher BST than Arceus.

I don't really get why everyone is so excited about Nessa (or Sonia for that matter). Her character design is pretty...average? I'm much more interested in the Pokemon myself and barely spare human characters a look.

Probably "Good, they're actually going to clean up the game, and hopefully there won't be T-Posing Wingulls in the final product." I honestly don't think there'd be any backlash over the game being delayed. The people who have been rallying for the dex have not once ever said "And by the way, the game better come out this November, too!". Most people rallying want the game to be pushed back and polished so that it can be complete.
I think more people would be upset than you realize. Some would be appeased if they specifically said it was being delayed with the intent of adding the new Pokemon, but I don't think anyone likes the sound of "delayed indefinitely." Regardless, it won't happen, but there are certainly plenty who are excited for the games and would rather have it this year (6 days before my birthday) with some Pokemon unobtainable post-game by any means than to have to wait for this game any longer. GameFreak already wasted time with LGPE with the promise that we'd be getting Sword and Shield this year.

Man tumblr, I already complained about the simpleness of her outfit and got over it once someone told me it was based on olympic swimwear in the time it took you to get all in an uproar. Step it up. :cool:

Also, like a car engine, the machine that is fandom discourse must always be sure to have its oil changed. They can't keep being angry about the same thing for too long or everything's gonna get all broken.

Also Nessa is now Shelly's younger sister/daughter (depending on how many years it is between ORAS and SWSH) In my headcannon and none of you are gonna be able to convince me otherwise.

When the demo was out some people checked the summaries of the starters, two were Hardy but Grookey was adamant, and some came up with an estimate what their base stats were

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bzu0az/possible_stats_for_pokemon/

Here
I've seen this before. I just asked if there was a way he derived/had a solid reason to list those as Grookey's final evolution's stats. I do think something's going on here, though. Sobble's and Scorbunny's stats are extremely min-maxed, which is unusual for starter Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom