• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was even featured prominently in the gen 5 anime. I’d kind of like a Charizard break at this point in favor of some other Pokémon getting some love.

Kiawe's Charizard sends his love. I agree with you entirely, Charizard is one of my favorites, but I'm ready to file for divorce. Also, if they include Charizard but exclude Bulbasaur and Squirtle, that just seems wrong.

Edit: Why couldn't Leon's (or whatever his name is) pal be Empoleon or something?

I do like Charizard. It's a cool Pokemon with an amazing design. Heck, when I was a kid I loved Chrmander to death and dreamed of riding around on a Charizard.

Charizard is annoying because it gets too much love form the developers themselves. I think both forms are cool too, but if they had just given us one of the two, like his buddies, I wouldn't be so salty.

I am fine with Charizard being used by Leon. I just don't want to see this thing get another new form or special treatment whatever thing unless Venusaur and Blastoise also get it. It would be really cool to see him become some 4 legged dragons in his Gigantamax form.

Last edited:
I don't hate Charizard either. In fact I quite like it and every now and then I go with Charmander as my starter when I replay the Gen 1 games.

But these days I'm also growing tired by its constant prevalence. It'd be nice if even just the other Kanto starters got a little more attention just to even things out. But even I as a Gen 1 fan agree that Gen 1 as a whole has gotten more than enough of the limelight.

Highfive because I preferred Mega Charizard X too. XD The only complaint I have with it is the shoulder spikes, but overall the design didn't look as bad as the arm wings.
My thoughts regarding Charizard X are same as you!

Eldegoss, Wooloo, and Drednaw all look pretty good. At least I think so.
Eldegoss and Wooloo do look good (though Wooloo would look good in any case!). Grookey looks weird.

Highfive because I preferred Mega Charizard X too. XD The only complaint I have with it is the shoulder spikes, but overall the design didn't look as bad as the arm wings.

I totally get that it's been given too much attention at this point, though. I don't think it's worth hating it, but I'm also not in love with the idea of it getting another form either- leave the poor lizard alone, Game Freak. Mewtwo too. They've had enough.
Absolute highfive here! xD Yeah, those shoulder spikes are kind of weird but I really liked how it's such a big change from Charizard, even though it mostly appears so due to the colours.
That... would be awesome. @.@ I've been wanting a new ditto for awhile now.
Now that I think about it, that might actually be a neat idea and if some Pokémon get left behind anyway, why not replace them while you're at it
Also Raichu > Pikachu, just fact.
Absolutely. Wish Raichu got at least half the choice of plushies Pikachu gets. xD

Oh, and for Steelix my reaction was more like "Wasn't it this size already? Huh" Same for Gyarados. I imagine Dynamaxing would make a fair number of Pokemon look normal sized still.

All this talk about Druddigon made me go to its page, and in its trivia section, it stated that its ability to become cold is reminiscent of gargoyles, which makes me think something: what if Impidimp evolves into a Gargoyle?

Yamper definitely evolves into the Pokemon we see on the inside of the stadium, which makes me wonder. Which stadium? Shall there be an Electric type gym?

I'm really in love with Eldegoss' design. I really am very excited to own a female one as well as to see what it evolves into. Milo has a level 19 one, so I doubt that Gossifleur has already reached the end of its line. I imagine it will evolve during the day with the use of some stone or special new method. Forsee it turning into some form of cotton field wielding Pokemon. Imagine if Whimsicott, Jumpluff and Tsareena fused. That's what I see as Eldegoss' evolution.

I stand by thinking Drednaw will be a stand alone Pokemon. Unless it just becomes even more massive.

If Corviknight doesn't end up being a single stage Pokemon, it'll most likely end up being our 3 stage bird line this generation. If that ends up being the case, one has to wonder if this is the final stage, or only the stage 1 Pokemon.

Last edited:
I despise druddigon. It's so ugly, especially its colors

Druddigon is also blue and magenta looking (it's definitely more magenta than red), so it'd make sense for it to be in Galar due to the whole cyan-magenta theme we have with the legendaries/logos.

I really hope impidimp becomes a gargoyle. I love gargoyles.

I'm more inclined to think Impidimp will end up a succubus and incubus based on gender. Especially since it's an imp and incubi/succui are specific types of imps.

Things like Cute Charm and Attract exist. Which would make the concepts very G-Rated.

And yeah...I kind of just want more fae based evolutions for it. A gargoyle pokemon would probably be a better rock/fairy or rock/dark then dark/fairy.

I despise druddigon. It's so ugly, especially its colors

Druddigon is also blue and magenta looking (it's definitely more magenta than red), so it'd make sense for it to be in Galar due to the whole cyan-magenta theme we have with the legendaries/logos.

I really hope impidimp becomes a gargoyle. I love gargoyles.
I definitely think I've mentioned my extreme love for Gargoyles in one of the Gen 8 threads before. I would love to see like an actual disney-like Gargoyle Pokemon.

Actually all 153 pokemon from LGPE might pass galar immigration
This is pretty much the expectation (minus maybe Meltan) seeing as the vast majority of returning Pokemon confirmed so far are from the first gen. Which frankly sucks cause it leaves less room for more diversity. But I don't expect them to not integrate with LGPE in some way.

Ironically enough, all this controversy surrounding the Galar Dex has actually reignited my interest in Pokemon a little. I kind of want to play one of the older games again.

I wonder how many pokemon will actually be in the dex. It could be the same amount as USUM had (400 I think?) or it could be the largest regional dex to date, only cutting out something like ~250 pokemon (though I find this a little unlikely).

This is pretty much the expectation (minus maybe Meltan) seeing as the vast majority of returning Pokemon confirmed so far are from the first gen. Which frankly sucks cause it leaves less room for more diversity. But I don't expect them to not integrate with LGPE in some way.

Ironically enough, all this controversy surrounding the Galar Dex has actually reignited my interest in Pokemon a little. I kind of want to play one of the older games again.
actually only 38 kanto pokemon have been seen, tailing them are surprisingly 28 Unova pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom