• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD Well I don't mean them using all three at once... but I do wanna see how a Mega holds up against a Dynamax pokemon, or what a Z-move could do to one.

Setting aside using all three at once, you can use Mega Evolution and Z-Moves in the same battle, so perhaps the same is true for Dynamaxing and Z-moves. Seems reasonable to me.

I couldn't really say whether you could do Dynamaxing and Mega Evolution in the same battle though, as they're so similar.

XD Well I don't mean them using all three at once... but I do wanna see how a Mega holds up against a Dynamax pokemon, or what a Z-move could do to one.

What I dare to speculate on this is that given Dynamaxing only lasts for three turns and can only be activated once per battle, a Dynamaxed Pokémon's moves will probably break through moves such as Protect.

Then just impose the Galar Pokedex for Battle Spot and VGC, and let players decide on a ruleset for casual battles (this exists in the Alola games).
I'm sure that's something they considered, but then asked the question, "is it worth our time and resources to add in all of these extra Pokemon for only casual use when we could focus on improving other aspects of the game?" Ultimately, they decided the answer to that was no, and I could see why. Was it the best decision? It looks like that's not the case because they received more backlash than anticipated, but I'm guessing they didn't expect that it would outweigh the payoff of adding other features or polishing other parts of the game.

Setting aside using all three at once, you can use Mega Evolution and Z-Moves in the same battle, so perhaps the same is true for Dynamaxing and Z-moves. Seems reasonable to me.

I couldn't really say whether you could do Dynamaxing and Mega Evolution in the same battle though, as they're so similar.
I don't see why they all couldn't be in the same battle, considering Dynamax has a three turn limit. If you and your opponent both go in prepared with a pokemon with a Z-move, a pokemon that can Mega Evolve, and the option to Dynamax one of the remaining four... why not, really? You'd both essentially be at an equal advantage in that regard. And boy would it make one heck of a battle planning which to use when.

It's really unfortunate that we can't see all three in the same game. What good is introducing boost mechanics each gen if you can't pit them all against each other. =/

I don't see why they all couldn't be in the same battle, considering Dynamax has a three turn limit. If you and your opponent both go in prepared with a pokemon with a Z-move, a pokemon that can Mega Evolve, and the option to Dynamax one of the remaining four... why not, really? You'd both essentially be at an equal advantage in that regard. And boy would it make one heck of a battle planning which to use when.

It's really unfortunate that we can't see all three in the same game. What good is introducing boost mechanics each gen if you can't pit them all against each other. =/
Imo megas and z-moves will not be in the games for the same reason a lot of pokemon won't. Rather than creating all the animations for those, they decided to focus on the animations for the new mechanic...

Imo megas and z-moves will not be in the games for the same reason a lot of pokemon won't. Rather than creating all the animations for those, they decided to focus on the animations for the new mechanic...
I don't know about that. It seems really clunky to implement all three, especially when Dynamax is a pseudo-combination of Mega Evolution and Z-moves. I personally am fine with keeping things simple with just one or two mechanics. It sounds like a nightmare to consider all three during battles, never knowing which Pokemon might Dynamax, Mega Evolve, or hold a Z-Crystal. It's nice to dial back on the power creep a little bit, which I think GameFreak did consider, and I'm glad they finally noticed. Also, it seems awkward to have to come up with two extra post-game bits to randomly give you a Mega Bracelet and a Z-Ring. Sure it's doable and a much smaller problem, but it's worth mentioning. It required a random cameo from Dexio and Sina and saving Zygarde-Complete for Gen 7 to have Mega Evolution make sense story-wise in Gen 7.

Despite the fact that I don't really transfer pokemon through games, the reason I'm disappointed by the removal of pokemon is that I really enjoy wondertrading and ending up with a pokemon that is not normally found in the region. For example, I'm replaying Alpha Sapphire right now, and I have a Charmeleon and a Lucario on my team, neither of which are in the hoenn pokedex nor can be found in the game in any other way but transfer/trading (or like...hacking I guess).

I had no idea Pokébank could delete your stored Pokémon, WTF? I thought not renewing your subscription would only stop you from transfering them back to the games. So I spent all this time complaining about Dexit when I might not even have any Pokémon left at all LOL. And I'm staying over at my boyfriend's until Thursday, so I can't check up on them until then. Thanks Karma :ROFLMAO::eek:

I had no idea Pokébank could delete your stored Pokémon, WTF? I thought not renewing your subscription would only stop you from transfering them back to the games. So I spent all this time complaining about Dexit when I might not even have any Pokémon left at all LOL. And I'm staying over at my boyfriend's until Thursday, so I can't check up on them until then. Thanks Karma :ROFLMAO::eek:
No. I don't think this is true. I went on bank last night and it said even though my pass expired I could withdraw any pokemon I want, I just can't put anymore in. We just don't know how it'll be for Home.
Edit: Looks like it's possible for them to be deleted, but it's a really long time. I've found mixed answers. For example someone who had bank in 2014 and never renewed it until last year still has all their pokemon there, and that's 4 years.

Also lol dexit

Isn't there Corocoro leaks supposed to come out?
Corocoro Ichiban, yeah. Today is probably the earliest it could leak, but it might not leak until even the 20th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom