• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
God! Guys go on the Pokemon twitter page and read the comments on whatever tweet from June 12th on. It's basically just #bringbacknationaldex no matter what the tweet is about.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon
Most of the messages are luckily quite polite; I truly sympathize with them and I do feel the same way to be fair.

We should let ourselves be heard.

I just hope SwSh doesn't become another X and Y, and have the anime become a BW in the process. Then we would be sure that GF has finally reached the end of it's rope.

No. I don't think this is true. I went on bank last night and it said even though my pass expired I could withdraw any pokemon I want, I just can't put anymore in. We just don't know how it'll be for Home.
Edit: Looks like it's possible for them to be deleted, but it's a really long time. I've found mixed answers. For example someone who had bank in 2014 and never renewed it until last year still has all their pokemon there, and that's 4 years.

Also lol dexit

Corocoro Ichiban, yeah. Today is probably the earliest it could leak, but it might not leak until even the 20th.
I hope so :( Can't remember if it's been one or two years since I last renewed it. Thanks!

I at least am happy that people aren't going radical with their words. But I still feel like there's nothing we can do at this point. Even if you don't buy the games they more than likely will still sell rather well.

'ha you'll just buy it anyway'
Nothing like the smell of projection in the morning.
Funny thing is often when I see comments like this I'm actually sad about missing out on the game. But here, on top of the game looking over a decade out of date and seeming completely uninteresting they upped the price by 50%. Easy pass.
- A Reddit user comment with 5 points right now

I don't know about that...depending on where you look, people are getting pretty harsh about their feelings toward the game, even taking it out on other aspects of the game that just objectively aren't true, as well as making assumptions about a game that we've only seen a few parts of. For example, the games obviously don't look "over a decade out of date." Like I saw someone else say, I never thought I'd say it, but I think the Pokemon community has gotten worse than Sonic's. It seems like you can find someone somewhere who will complain about every little detail of the games. I didn't buy LGPE because it's very simplified, too much like GO, and another Gen 1 remake that I don't want, but I've never gone to the extremes that some people have and lost hope in the entire franchise over it.

I hope it changes for the better, and luckily these forums are one of the few places without such a pessimistic mindset, but I may have to leave most hubs for fan discussion because it's gotten out of hand and is just so sad to see. I like constructive discussion, not constant whining and complaining. Everyone is welcome to have their own opinion, but it saddens me to see so many people unwilling to give these games a chance this early, especially when it's because of Dexgate.

- A Reddit user comment with 5 points right now

I don't know about that...depending on where you look, people are getting pretty harsh about their feelings toward the game, even taking it out on other aspects of the game that just objectively aren't true, as well as making assumptions about a game that we've only seen a few parts of. For example, the games obviously don't look "over a decade out of date." Like I saw someone else say, I never thought I'd say it, but I think the Pokemon community has gotten worse than Sonic's. It seems like you can find someone somewhere who will complain about every little detail of the games. I didn't buy LGPE because it's very simplified, too much like GO, and another Gen 1 remake that I don't want, but I've never gone to the extremes that some people have and lost hope in the entire franchise over it.

I hope it changes for the better, and luckily these forums are one of the few places without such a pessimistic mindset, but I may have to leave most hubs for fan discussion because it's gotten out of hand and is just so sad to see. I like constructive discussion, not constant whining and complaining. Everyone is welcome to have their own opinion, but it saddens me to see so many people unwilling to give these games a chance this early, especially when it's because of Dexgate.
Most so-called fans are not real fans at all. They hate just because that's what they do. They don't want to admit it, but they hate the very things they say they are a fan of.

Most so-called fans are not real fans at all. They hate just because that's what they do. They don't want to admit it, but they hate the very things they say they are a fan of.
Or they were once fans and are clinging on hoping to like it again for nostalgia or other reasons. Meanwhile, misery loves company, so these people try to spread around the negativity. Seems like the community takes after Pokemon, where it's really common to spread Toxic.

Or they were once fans and are clinging on hoping to like it again for nostalgia or other reasons. Meanwhile, misery loves company, so these people try to spread around the negativity. Seems like the community takes after Pokemon, where it's really common to spread Toxic.
"When property comes in, peace goes out"
"A fair booty makes many a thief"

I just saw a youtube vid that described his feelings about the whole debacle. And his basic sum up was that he thinks GF was trying to scam us....cause warning people about the transference thing ahead of time is how you get away with heinous acts right? He said he expected a complete graphical overhaul on levels of Dragon Quest, on a game that take about 3 years to develop by a small team who's just getting used to making 3D games, as well just came from the 3DS. That was his fault for too high expectations on his part. But despite the statement that they have their reason for the cuts, he likes to think and make others think that they'd rather scam us. If they really wanted to scam us by "cutting corners" they would've done so, in literally any game before their biggest overhaul yet. It's just getting on my nerves recently. This displeasement is just downgrading to conspiracy.

Never been sure what people didn't like about XY. If it's the story then I don't know what y'all were looking for.

Gen I: evil criminal gang steals and hurts pokemon, you stop them, you become champion
Gen 2: same evil criminal gang cries out for their leader and is much more ineffectual than before, you stop them, you become the champion
Gen 3: Not Handosme Archie and Not Smart Maxie (as opposed to Handsome Archie and Smart Maxie) try to make the sea bigger/make the sea smaller for no discernable reason other than because they're evil (they were given motivations that sort of made sense in the remakes but those don't count right now), you beat them, you become champion
Gen 4: Depressed Man wants to become god and remake universe... somehow... how did he plan to do it again? Capture Dialga and Palkia and then what?, you beat him, you become the champion.

The only pre gen 6 generation with a more or less solid interesting story was gen 5 and that's it. XYs story was really just DPP's story but minus the want to become god part.

Trending on reddit...

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/c1buqz/a_comic_i_made_about_the_national_dex_cut/

I swear... Many fans are really going overboard about Dex- it, even 5 days after the direct. :/ I wonder how long the grudge will last?
Awhile? There's nothing wrong with that comic, it's quite a funny take on it. At least they're handling it with humor.

Really can't just expect people to be okay with it after not even a week when it is such a big deal.

I give it at least a month. I feel GF saw the backlash coming, so rather than be scummy and tell people last minute, they decided to ripoff the band aid. So it's all a matter of fans coming into a form of acceptance, even begrudgingly. They might have to just live with not every trophy being in one trophy case for now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom