• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
shooot i already pre-ordered both copies, that scorbunny plush tempted me more than the game itself.

Well, I for one am not going to buy Sword or Shield at this point. I'm not really sold on buying it at this stage and I have a feeling that the major selling points have already been put on the table so... maybe I'll get the remakes, or maybe the next Gen.

Depending on the rest of the features, I'll probably go secondhand on the games myself. And considering the diminishing replay value later Pokemon games have gotten, with little postgame content, etc., I'll probably get it used at a pretty good price.

Of course, I'll probably check the possibility of alt versions of the games before I decide as well.

Not gonna pre order games because pre ordering is not needed

There’s 5 months left until release I hope they show other content to make up for this mess they made and people can be more optimistic again

There’s 5 months left until release I hope they show other content to make up for this mess they made and people can be more optimistic again
All they need to do is either bring back Triple, Rotation, and Inverse Battles or give us a side activity like Contests, Pokéathalon, or PokéStar Studios.

Please, Game Freak?

Depending on the rest of the features, I'll probably go secondhand on the games myself. And considering the diminishing replay value later Pokemon games have gotten, with little postgame content, etc., I'll probably get it used at a pretty good price.

Of course, I'll probably check the possibility of alt versions of the games before I decide as well.
If it's remotely worth it, I'd probably get it secondhand too. No use paying full price if it isn't a "must play right away" game.

I think that Triple and Rotation Battles (and possibly Hordes as well) will be back. They no longer have an inferior system holding them back from using these features.
They don't have an inferior system holding them back from implementing z-moves, mega evolution or every pokemon either and we've seen how that's gone. XD

They don't have an inferior system holding them back from implementing z-moves, mega evolution or every pokemon either and we've seen how that's gone. XD
Gimmicks and battle types are completely different things, unless they are gimmicky in nature like Sky and Inverse Battles.

With how big twitch has become these days. Just find a good streamer you like and watch them stream the game. If you wanna see the lore and story

People are optimistic you just don't see them because they have better things to do.

People are optimistic you just don't see them because they have better things to do.
Yeah I think those people will pop out when it releases.

The minority is always the loudest

Reminds of the people who were gonna boycott captain marvel because of how progressive brie larson was and movie made 1.1 billion

Yeah I think those people will pop out when it releases.

The minority is always the loudest

Reminds of the people who were gonna boycott captain marvel because of how progressive brie larson was and movie made 1.1 billion
The "minority" has 50k dislikes on the Treehouse video last I checked. Pretty big minority.

The "minority" has 50k dislikes on the Treehouse video last I checked. Pretty big minority.
That’s still a miniority. Battlefield V a game that had backlash had 500k dislikes last year trailer because of a female protagonist in WW2 setting

15-16 million people buy these games. 50k is not a majority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom