• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too will most likely only get this if there is a good deal as a used copy. Even before the news broke out, I was already unsure and hesitant about SwSh and now I think my stance has solidified. I'm not even that bothered about Pokemon being dropped so much am I bothered by Game Freak over the last several years.

Game Freak doesn't need my money. The game will still sell well even without my contribution.

You know exactly what I meant. Blunt, pretend not to get the point humor is my schtick! Back off!
tenor.gif

I don't see why people feel the need to be defensive about wanting to play SwSh.

I mean, none of us are saying you can't? We may be disappointed in the games but that doesn't mean we're telling people they cannot look forward to them. Our voice isn't going to change the development or release window of SwSh anyway. It's still on track to releasing in November.

I don't see why people feel the need to be defensive about wanting to play SwSh.

I mean, none of us are saying you can't? We may be disappointed in the games but that doesn't mean we're telling people they cannot look forward to them. Our voice isn't going to change the development or release window of SwSh anyway. It's still on track to releasing in November.
I feel some of us are defensive cause some people treat others like actually liking something despite it's flaws should be looked down upon. Obviously that's bull, but some just like making their thoughts know just as everyone else.

I love Dynamax, love the new Pokemon, but buying it will have to wait until they do an update to add Pokemon. Why does optimism have to be about buying stuff anyway?

Rather wild speculation is below:
Yes; Overall I think there is a chance that there is a bit of marketing magic at play. HOME doesn't release until next year; so, why did Masuda-san describe a limitation of SwSh's interactivity with HOME during an event meant to build positive press??

It may be a similar method to the Sonic movie which at first teased and then revealed an obviously bizarre looking CGI reinterpretation of the character, and then eventually it was "decided" that a new appealing design would appear in the final movie.

With HOME releasing in the spring, they have a very long time to develop a patch by then, which would also prevent all of the additional Pokemon including changes in moves and stats, from being datamined. And when they do release that, it would generate very positive press and fan enthusiasm! It may help to increase excitement about HOME which otherwise would have appealed to at least slightly smaller of of a niche within the Pokemon fanbase worldwide.

I updated my Galar-dex list.
Purple - Confirmed
Gold - Legendary * I think none of them will be part of Galar-dex
Brown - Fossil Pokemon * Wild card, some may be included, some may not
Blue - Starter Pokemon * They should be included but who knows
Red - I think these ones will be left out
Green - Most likely included
White - Have no idea

I will also leave an empty list. Feel free to fill with your guesses

When you think about it cross-gen evolutiona might not be saved. Like for example magmortar and electivire both wont be but magmar and electabuzz would both be here cause they could just delete those items needed to evolve them like how they delete every megastone and z moves

I feel some of us are defensive cause some people treat others like actually liking something despite it's flaws should be looked down upon. Obviously that's bull, but some just like making their thoughts know just as everyone else.
I haven't seen any of it on this thread, though. =/ You guys are safe. If you like and want to play the game anyway, good for you, hope you enjoy it.

The rest of us are just not happy about the situation and aren't willing to lie quietly and accept it when there's a chance that we may be heard, and I think the idea that only money talks is a false one too. Yeah, it talks louder than other kinds of feedback, but that doesn't mean that they ignore the rest of it when there's such a massive outcry over the same thing.

Rather wild speculation is below:
Yes; Overall I think there is a chance that there is a bit of marketing magic at play. HOME doesn't release until next year; so, why did Masuda-san describe a limitation of SwSh's interactivity with HOME during an event meant to build positive press??

It may be a similar method to the Sonic movie which at first teased and then revealed an obviously bizarre looking CGI reinterpretation of the character, and then eventually it was "decided" that a new appealing design would appear in the final movie.

With HOME releasing in the spring, they have a very long time to develop a patch by then, which would also prevent all of the additional Pokemon including changes in moves and stats, from being datamined. And when they do release that, it would generate very positive press and fan enthusiasm! It may help to increase excitement about HOME which otherwise would have appealed to at least slightly smaller of of a niche within the Pokemon fanbase worldwide.
That...would actually be a pretty smart move tbh. Not saying I see it coming like that, but really, that would be a perfect save and I'd be kinda impressed.

And personally I'm just too grown up in the bitter way to be optimistic about something. Admittedly, SW/SH showed neat stuff that I really like, not gonna like. But also it showed stuff that are game design decisions that I don't usually like ot at least not in games like Pokémon (open world area, overworld encounters, raid battles) but overall I was mostly indifferent about these "downsides" because while I'd prefer not to have them, I can somewhat ignore them while playing and they don't ruin the full game for me...or so I think.
Dexit on the other hand was another blow and while it doesn't change the things that still could be fun from how things look like, it's still a negative point for me.

Imo it's overall pretty rude to act like Game Freak gave us "what we wanted". Yeah, nowadays a lot of people cry for every game to go open world. I never did.
There were people wanting overworld encounters. I never did.
There's parts of the fandom who got what they asked for and while I'm happy for them (really, I am) that doesn't mean I'll celebrate the games for just that.
You (general you) can celebrate the games, hype them, even count seconds until release if you're really looking forward to them that much, nothing wrong with it.
But I feel like to the same degree, people are allowed to be salty, annoyed and frustrated. And allowed to express that.
And funnily enough, since the thread lock, it's most often not the Anti-Dexit crowd picking the topic back up here, but instead others who have to point out again and again how people can't let the Dexit go, or similar. Not meaning to say anything with this, just found it kind of interesting/funny/ironic.

edit: ^ so far I really like the music of the game.

The "minority" has 50k dislikes on the Treehouse video last I checked. Pretty big minority.
50k people. The vast majority.
You know what, lets double that number to 100k, assuming there are many who are gonna boycott that didnt watch the vid.

100k is still less than 1% of 15 million, the amount this game is gonna sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom