• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
are we basing this off of that one YouTube comment? because that comment is very questionable to me.
That comment has been translated to English, which can be why it's a little off on the wording, but you can't deny the truth that it states. Things like Mythical Pokemon being obtainable without making you catch them yourself and replacing Mega Evolutions are not even scratching the surface of how many steps back that Game Freak has taken. A prime example being the Battle Frontier not being in ORAS.

How popular was the battle frontier anyway that people seem to fuss about a lot? It's always the one thing I've seen brought up and I don't know too many people that actually bothered.

Do people realize that even if Game Freak fixes it and makes every Pokémon transferrable, they CAN'T use their level 100s until they get every Gym Badge anyway?

How popular was the battle frontier anyway that people seem to fuss about a lot? It's always the one thing I've seen brought up and I don't know too many people that actually bothered.
When original Emerald came, I was a kid and I thought battle frontier sounds cool but I was too dumb to really get to enjoy it. (Not saying children in general can't do it, but I certainly couldn't lol)
Now that I'm older I'd love to get to waste my time in a battle frontier, but they don't do them anymore. I know I could start up my Emerald cartridge, but gen 3 is quite a few steps back from being used to gen 6/7 now so that's pretty meh. :|

Do people realize that even if Game Freak fixes it and makes every Pokémon transferrable, they CAN'T use their level 100s until they get every Gym Badge anyway?
Most people don't want all Pokémon to be transferable to rush through the game with a lv. 100 [insert random legendary or other Pokémon here] though, but to use them for the post-game (including competitive battles), or to be able to use the species in a second run or so. Even as a newly hatched Pokémon, not as a lv 100 version of it.

For me, it isn't even about being able to transfer my pokemon, since I only have one really important pokemon to transfer and I'm gonna borrow a friend's Bank to do it- it's about being able to collect and use the pokemon I want via trades with people who transferred theirs. If the level is too high, then I could still hatch a baby and go ahead with using that pokemon for the rest of the game.

For me, it isn't even about being able to transfer my pokemon, since I only have one really important pokemon to transfer and I'm gonna borrow a friend's Bank to do it- it's about being able to collect and use the pokemon I want via trades with people who transferred theirs. If the level is too high, then I could still hatch a baby and go ahead with using that pokemon for the rest of the game.
What pokemon is that?

What pokemon is that?
Shiny golem, first shiny I ever caught! ...also possibly the only shiny I ever caught because I let digging for fossils consume my soul.

Unless you mean which one I want to use, in which case... depends. XD I've got characters I like to base teams on and it'd suck to not have them all in the same game.

Magmar is my baby, though. Game Freak can fight me if they won't give me Magmar. >=/

Last edited:
That comment has been translated to English, which can be why it's a little off on the wording, but you can't deny the truth that it states. Things like Mythical Pokemon being obtainable without making you catch them yourself and replacing Mega Evolutions are not even scratching the surface of how many steps back that Game Freak has taken. A prime example being the Battle Frontier not being in ORAS.
nah the comment was clearly written in English; in the replies he says so himself by saying that his English is so good because he lived in, not the US or the States, but "the United States."

but there's a fundamental problem as a whole though: they're clearing overcorrecting throughout the entire comment. they make no fundamental grammar mistakes that would be expected while still having fairly idiomatic control of the language (they reference the English-speaking 'one step forward, two steps back' in addition to rose-colored glasses). further, when pressed a little bit more about Reddit, their response was that with their internet settings it wouldn't show up (not a thing) and also they didn't want to make an account for an English site they wouldn't use and also because they'd never heard of it. they actually don't use the internet a lot, just to watch videos.

considering that USUM and LGPE were review bombed by English-speakers, this comment should be taken with a tiny grain of salt. it's right up there with people wholesale buying into that whole "my friend works at Game Freak"-esque leak simply because of confirmation bias.

Regardless, there are plenty of Dexit threads on Matome, which is the largest Japanese Pokemon forum.

This fanart mocks Masuda's allegory about some Pokemon not wanting to go to Galar because it's too cold.

Shiny golem, first shiny I ever caught! ...also possibly the only shiny I ever caught because I let digging for fossils consume my soul.

Unless you mean which one I want to use, in which case... depends. XD I've got characters I like to base teams on and it'd suck to not have them all in the same game.

Magmar is my baby, though. Game Freak can fight me if they won't give me Magmar. >=/
Well I'm not giving false hope by Margmar line might be in. GF maybe cutting pokemon but they do tend to consistently port items to the next game. So if they keep the items, they gotta keep the pokemon that evolve with em, including Magmar.

Regardless, there are plenty of Dexit threads on Matome, which is the largest Japanese Pokemon forum.

This fanart mocks Masuda's allegory about some Pokemon not wanting to go to Galar because it's too cold.
i mean, if i browse reddit the bulk of the comments are going to be negative. quick browsing of matome and the reception seems a bit more mixed. has the culling been officially announced in Japan?

Well I'm not giving false hope by Margmar line might be in. GF maybe cutting pokemon but they do tend to consistently port items to the next game. So if they keep the items, they gotta keep the pokemon that evolve with em, including Magmar.
I mean odds are they're going to port the item list, since they've done it for years, but that doesn't mean that they have to actually be available in the game- the Azure Flute has been in every game since Gen 4 where it was never even made available.

I mean odds are they're going to port the item list, since they've done it for years, but that doesn't mean that they have to actually be available in the game- the Azure Flute has been in every game since Gen 4 where it was never even made available.
Yeah but that's for a legendary pokemon like Arceus, this is something they can use as version exclusives, which helps with money so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom