• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one, in Japanese. Here's a breakdown of the questions. Q9 is the only open ended question, and for that I'd recommend using simple English.
Not to be this person (although I totally will be) but if they specifically made a Japanese survey in only Japanese with no translated version I'm not entirely sure they would really consider non-Japanese answers. (Not sure if that's true, but it'd make sense to not consider non-Japanese answers...although I'm not sure if that only applies to Q9, or if they actually have some way to filter out all the responses related to an English response or even non-Japanese IP address.)

have they done a questionnaire for any other main series release? It's super interesting to me that they're doing one this time around

Last edited:
What do you mean? What happened there?
They made a Japanese survey asking what series you would like to see adapted into a Warriors game. The Westerners got wind of it and wanted to take part in that, but since tastes in both sides are different it degenerated into a flame war.

Apparently, the winner was Pretty Cure, which caused even more problems.

They made a Japanese survey asking what series you would like to see adapted into a Warriors game. The Westerners got wind of it and wanted to take part in that, but since tastes in both sides are different it degenerated into a flame war.

....now that I think about it, Precure as a Warriors game would be the first Warriors game I'd play. "The Westerners got wind of it and wanted to take part in that" is literally what we're doing, though

While I do hope so, I also wouldn't get my hopes up. As far as Game Freak is concerned, anything can be added or taken away for any given game.
Ehh I wouldn’t be so pessimistic. GameFreak have always been able to give or take any feature they want, nothing has really changed. Just bc they made one decision to revoke something, doesn’t mean they’re going to start cutting every feature possible just for the heck of it.

Japan is a biased country that wants to keep their traditions. Remember Sakoku?

Uh....pretty sure a game company wanting to focus on their local audience instead of an international audience is not the same as a restrictive government policy forcing citizens to remain in the country...

I'm not familiar with it, however I do see it ended in 1853. You realize how long ago that is, right?

Even if we were to accept it as still relevant to Japanese culture, for most countries there's plenty of similarly bad stuff in the past.

Let's not turn this into a debate on Japan. It's very likely that since there is no international/Not-in-Japanese version of this questionnaire, they will only really look at answers in Japanese. That just makes sense. If they want to know the opinions of people outside Japan, there would be questionnaires on the other language Pokémon sites.

Galar has a similar climate to Kalos, considering what their real world counterparts are based on.
France and Great Britain have a quite different climate actually. One is in the center of Europe, the other is in the north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom