• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all 151 Gen 1 Pokemon already have their data in SwSh, then that means that they don't have to add those through patches and can just focus on adding Gen 2 onwards.

I really feel like questioning the sense of ‘balance’ of the person who thought it was a good idea to put stealth rocks into a game without a way to remove them. (LGPE, if I’m not mistaken).
I mean, it's the same company who made Mega Rayquaza only require a move and not a Mega Stone, so I don't know why they say "balance" when they clearly made the most broken Mega Evolution of all.

Also, why do the Wingulls have to hover so close to the ground? I expected most Flying-type Pokemon to stay high in the air because you know, they can fly.
thought that was how Wingull was supposed to look though? Like, I'm pretty sure the limited animation is a deliberate choice for Wingull- it rides updrafts and sort of hangs in the air. They're never going to look like completely natural birds unless the Pokedex goes down to a way smaller number of monsters and they spend all their time and resources on animal moves.
Part of me expects a new Pokedex entry about how Wingull can manipulate the air currents around it to hover indefinitely, but only while it keeps its wings still.
saying even as someone who's not affected at all by Dexit, i dont really get the point of that #DontBringBack counter-campaign. Pure contrarianism? like, if they do re-add the missing pokémon, the resultant experience literally won't be any different from the last twenty games i played in which that was an option, and people will in general be happier. i don't think the few, very relative positives of limiting admission into SwoShi are actually worth preventing that.
It's honestly probably just pushing back against the neverending complaining/criticizing that's been happening here and on all social media the entire past week. Everyone that keeps talking about the same issues over and over just makes everyone else desensitized to the discussion and care less about Dexit itself and more about how it's impossible to escape people complaining about it.

Just saying.
Part of it might be due to fearing that bringing the National Pokédex back will result in the shiny charm being harder to obtain rather than the omission of the Pokémon themselves.

Part of it might be due to fearing that bringing the National Pokédex back will result in the shiny charm being harder to obtain rather than the omission of the Pokémon themselves.

but who's to say they couldn't just do like they did in SM and have all Pokémon available while only offering the shiny charm for completing the regional?

Forced Kanto pandering. What are trying to achieve with shoveling Kanto stuff down our throat?
I understand the issue some of you have with Kanto. But to me, it seems a bit unreasonable.

For example, if you went to a Chicago Bulls fan club, would you expect all retired Chicago Bulls players to recieve equal treatment? Because I can assure you Michael Jordan will be mentioned and praised a lot more than anyone else...

Kanto is the Michael Jordan of Pokémon, whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
I guess I have the unpopular opinion that wingull looks they way it is suppose to. It has always looked like a stiff drone. I am not sure why it is all of the sudden a problem.

I happened to browse my Instagram, which inevitably has Pokémon stuff, and 70% comments we’re defending GameFreak...
It coupled with #DoNotBringBackNationalDex (I still cannot believe that’s a thing) is making me lose my faith in humanity...
This doesn't surprise me. I work with a dude who didn't follow any of the E3 stuff and had no idea what was going on, or what was shown or talked about. When I told him about the whole dex thing, he was actually happy about it because he felt it would help competitively. And, he does actually carry over older pokemon including pokemon he got from friends long ago and are super special to him.

I understand the issue some of you have with Kanto. But to me, to it seems a bit unfair.

If you went to a Chicago Bulls fan club, would you expect all past players to Recieve equal treatment?

This is among the weirdest comparisons I've ever read. The most nostalgic one isn't necessarily the best you know… And even then, worshipping Kanto stuff is starting to take ridiculous heights. Johto also has a certain nostalgia factor, can't we worship Johto stuff instead of Kanto stuff for a change? Jesus christ...

This is among the weirdest comparisons I've ever read. The most nostalgic one isn't necessarily the best you know… And even then, worshipping Kanto stuff is starting to take ridiculous heights. Johto also has a certain nostalgia factor, can't we worship Johto stuff instead of Kanto stuff for a change? Jesus christ...
I prefer Johto over Kanto myself.

I just know that Kanto, Pikachu, Charizard, Red, Ash, Brock, Misty and Team Rocket are more popular than any of their counterparts from later generations.

I prefer Johto over Kanto myself.

I just know that Kanto, Pikachu, Charizard, Red, Ash, Brock, Misty and Team Rocket are more popular than any of their counterparts from later generations.

Again, it's starting to take ridiculous heights. Detective Pikachu handled this issue perfectly: yes, it's acknowledged that Gen I is the most popular and nostalgic one yet other generations are also given enough spotlight (besides maybe Gen V), and it's this fair treatment that cancels out the forced Gen I pandering.

I understand the issue some of you have with Kanto. But to me, it seems a bit unreasonable.

For example, if you went to a Chicago Bulls fan club, would you expect all retired Chicago Bulls players to recieve equal treatment? Because I can assure you Michael Jordan will be mentioned and praised a lot more than anyone else...

Kanto is the Michael Jordan of Pokémon xD
No.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom