• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the Japanese one is better, which is what I think, both are not valid. The Japanese poll is only conducted by the Japanese and thus that poll is also not generalisable. It's just that the Japanese poll has a much larger sample and is probably more professional. Also, there's no paywall behind creating multiple emails. Do not try to make me believe that the Reddit one isn't full of flaws.

I really want to know how old you are. I'm thinking 14?

Whatever your age, you shouldn't be excused for your initial illogical reasoning and current backpedalling.

Why did you even bring up the Japanese one in the first place? To mention that it isn't valid? Sounds fishy.

What is professional about a Pokemon poll? It's one question with 800+ answers.

Unless you mean the methodology, which then I'd posit to you, which loser would create multiple emails to vote on an inconsequential reddit poll? Less likely than someone who wants a particular legendary out of the distribution.

I think it is incredible that 52000 responses were given. That's mindblowing because as I mentioned, no one votes on polls and even less vote on Pokemon polls.

Anyway, you're obviously trying to prove something- that the general popularity of Gen 1 is not as large as the poll suggests? Because? Gen 1 pandering?

If anything it is a sharp reminder to you that casuals will always be part of the fanbase and will be counted. I bet a significant % of voters only known Gen 1 or even worse, they only know of a handful of Pokemon; Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff etc. That in itself does not and cannot make the poll invalid. You'll never get a poll where all the voters know each Pokemon, form, anime series, Mega etc. and you'll probably never be able to remove the inherent bias.

What if TPC decided on an all-out marketing campaign for Swanna? You'll never know and this is the world you have to live in.

Oh, so now I don't know what context and hyperbole are? Here we go again. If you want to talk about hyperbole, then you admit that you're example was greatly exaggerated, since you say you know what hyperbole means. So...what the hell was even the point of this conversation if you know what you did in the first place?
What you don't seem to understand, is that it is OK to use a hyperbole to explain an example. It's not something that should be mocked.

It's one thing to exaggerate something without noticing, and it's a different thing when the hyperbole is used intentionally.

What you don't seem to understand, is that it's ok to use a hyperbole to explain an example.
What YOU don't seem to understand is that I found your hyperbole silly. I never said it was stupid. I never called YOU stupid. All I said was that your example didn't really fit. That is why I thought it was funny. You got defensive for absolutely no reason at all. I don't know if it was because you misunderstood what I was trying to tell you from the very beginning or something else. I called it weird simply because I didn't think it was a correct correlation. End of discussion.

What YOU don't seem to understand is that I found your hyperbole silly. I never said it was stupid. I never called YOU stupid. All I said was that your example didn't really fit. That is why I thought it was funny. You got defensive for absolutely no reason at all. I don't know if it was because you misunderstood what I was trying to tell you from the very beginning or something else. End of discussion.
You have been rude and unpleasant from the beginning of the discussion, all the way to the very end. You have preferred to mock the (intentionally) hyperbolic nature of my post, instead of trying to dig in a little deeper, and try to understand what I actually meant.

Friendly advice: next time you disagree with someone's post, try not to condescendingly LOL at it, just because you disagree with it. Bye. (y)

Last edited:
Some of us actually WANT there to be a delay. I wish GF would take a little more time on their games in general. I'd be perfectly fine if I had to wait an extra year for a game with BETTER QUALITY.

I'm not on the side of protecting Game Freak. Do I think spamming their Twitter is the moral thing to do? No. But is it gonna get the message across? Hopefully. I just don't like them pumping out games for the sake of having one every year.
The Problem with a delay lies with the Pokemon Company: There is an Anime, Films, Merchandise that will be delayed if the GF delays te game- which means less money. So the TPC tries to avoid delays at all costs, even at the quality of the game, because they know the Pokemon brand is so strong that they know whatever they sell like hotcakes- no matter how good or bad the game is.

Whatever your age, you shouldn't be excused for your initial illogical reasoning and current backpedalling.

Ooh, you scare me, tough boy. Nice allegation BTW.

Why did you even bring up the Japanese one in the first place? To mention that it isn't valid? Sounds fishy.
To mention that all peoples need to be taken into account before such a survey can be considered valid in general. By comparing two similar polls from different peoples (mostly Westerners and Japanese) I wanted to demonstrate that different outcomes do occur. The reason Greninja is the most favourite among the Japanese is because of culture, Ninja stuff. Different factors have an influence on different groups. My hypothesis is that Westerners are more exposed to and/or more influenced by Kanto pandering than the Japanese.

What is professional about a Pokemon poll? It's one question with 800+ answers.
The degree in professionality is defined by taking into account among others the setting, but most importantly the way the questions are formulated. The way you formulate a question has great influence in the outcome. With this I do not say that the questions from the Reddit poll were necessarily organised in favour of Kanto before you allegate me on that too. But I am almost certain that the Japanese poll is much more professional.

Unless you mean the methodology, which then I'd posit to you, which loser would create multiple emails to vote on an inconsequential reddit poll? Less likely than someone who wants a particular legendary out of the distribution.
You assume that the Japanese poll didn't think of countermeasures. I smell a priori bias.

Bottom line: the main reason I brought up the two polls is in order to make aware that an all-inclusive approach needs to be taken in order for such a survey to be representative worldwide and we can mainly thank Greninja for proving my point. The Reddit survey isn't representative and neither is the Japanese poll. Both have many flaws. I wanted to point @Knightwolf09 and all other users out that the conclusion that can be drawn from the Reddit survey isn't valid worldwide (maybe it is valid in the West, I highly doubt it though), but thanks to you this discussion has gone to a whole new dimension.

Last edited:
Masuda really say we might be seeing the starter evolutions sometime in the next few months?
Ohimori said that he wished that people looked forward to the evolutions at the end of the interview completely randomly and unprovoked so it’s pretty likely they’re coming soon.

Ohimori said that he wished that people looked forward to the evolutions at the end of the interview completely randomly and unprovoked so it’s pretty likely they’re coming soon.
im hoping for the end of this month or sometime in july.

What is wrong with us? Lol, why all of this arguing all of a sudden?
This thread turned into a shitshow..
It's freaking me out, honestly. I don't wanna get locked again ;o;

The Problem with a delay lies with the Pokemon Company: There is an Anime, Films, Merchandise that will be delayed if the GF delays te game- which means less money. So the TPC tries to avoid delays at all costs, even at the quality of the game, because they know the Pokemon brand is so strong that they know whatever they sell like hotcakes- no matter how good or bad the game is.
So I'm just curious-- when it comes to the Anime and delays, they've added filler arcs before (Orange Islands, Decolore Islands). I'm wondering why they couldn't do that this time (granted, I don't think a delay is possible at this point, so close to release, but if it were)? Were those arcs viewed less? Were they thought of as misleading because those regions never made their way into the games? Coming up with a new arc on such short notice could be an issue, I suppose, but over all-- I've seen a few people mention a reason why the games have to come out yearly(or however often) is the anime, but certainly if the writers were told in advance that there would be a larger gap between games, they could come up with some kind of arc, or some kind of side thing. Like for instance, when ORAS came out, had there been a larger gap between them and XY or them and SM, they could've done something like a spinoff of Max when he's old enough to be a trainer (following the Delta episode's plot or something, since RS have been done in the show), or an Origins-style short series for ORAS.

I'm probably missing something big here, but I just don't get how the Anime would need to have a game released every year(or however often) in order to continue. I liked the Orange Island arc, and from what I remember of the Decolore Island arc, I think I liked it better than a lot of the BW series as a whole. I can't speak for anyone else on those, of course, and I suppose if they were really unliked by the Anime team and/or the fans I could understand not doing them again, but I just can't see them not being able to come up with something if there were a delay or a larger gap. I hope I'm not sounding rude, I'm just really confused as to why it keeps being brought up and would like some clarification ;u;

So I'm just curious-- when it comes to the Anime and delays, they've added filler arcs before (Orange Islands, Decolore Islands). I'm wondering why they couldn't do that this time (granted, I don't think a delay is possible at this point, so close to release, but if it were)? Were those arcs viewed less? Were they thought of as misleading because those regions never made their way into the games? Coming up with a new arc on such short notice could be an issue, I suppose, but over all-- I've seen a few people mention a reason why the games have to come out yearly(or however often) is the anime, but certainly if the writers were told in advance that there would be a larger gap between games, they could come up with some kind of arc, or some kind of side thing. Like for instance, when ORAS came out, had there been a larger gap between them and XY or them and SM, they could've done something like a spinoff of Max when he's old enough to be a trainer (following the Delta episode's plot or something, since RS have been done in the show), or an Origins-style short series for ORAS.

I'm probably missing something big here, but I just don't get how the Anime would need to have a game released every year(or however often) in order to continue. I liked the Orange Island arc, and from what I remember of the Decolore Island arc, I think I liked it better than a lot of the BW series as a whole. I can't speak for anyone else on those, of course, and I suppose if they were really unliked by the Anime team and/or the fans I could understand not doing them again, but I just can't see them not being able to come up with something if there were a delay or a larger gap. I hope I'm not sounding rude, I'm just really confused as to why it keeps being brought up and would like some clarification ;u;

We also had a break of two years between ORAS and SuMo that the anime handled fine, and there wasn't any new anime for LGPE, so we've seen anime plans that didn't rely on annual releases anyways.

I'm tired of earing people complaining about the lack of national dex. Yes it's disapointing ,therefore, it's not the and of the world. The game can be good without it. Anyway,most of the pokemon from previous gen are stock in boxes. With that beiing said, the #DON'TBRINGBACKNATIONALDEX is really stupid , it's a lack of maturity. Same for those who post the #BRINGBACKNATIONALDEX on every game freak or pokemon post. To be honest, I don't think it will change anything. Honestly i'm pretty excited about SW/SH ,it's the game i'm the most excited for since a long time.

We also had a break of two years between ORAS and SuMo that the anime handled fine, and there wasn't any new anime for LGPE, so we've seen anime plans that didn't rely on annual releases anyways.

Plus, the anime is just a commercial for the games and can easily adapt to them. Have too much too? Make fillers. Don't have enough time? Cut episodes.

I mean, there does need to be a decent number of new Pokemon in each new generation.

You have your opinion, and I have my own.

I did not say anything about amount of pokemon in each generation, I did not say anything about game balance or resource issues. I simply said that Game Freak rushes to release a new generation every three years, and to me it sometimes feels excessive at times. My statement was a jab at the fact that the current predicament we are in is because Game Freak made the decision to release generations so frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom