• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, one flap doesn't automatically make it better looking, especially with how weird it's wings look bending, but his work is still impressive.
I know I'm very late to be responding to this, but since I don't think anyone else has mentioned it,

Wingull can bend its wings.

It is promised that your Pokémon will NOT be deleted even if you don't pay.

Slightly unrelated, but this sentence right here reminded me of this wonderful tweet that I saw yesterday-ish:

Just a reminder that there are jerks on both sides, not just on the #BringBackNationalDex side (for those who still think that the movement is made entirely of harassers based on a few rude and/or snarky comments).

Last edited:
I know I'm very late to be responding to this, but since I don't think anyone else has mentioned it,

View attachment 119864
Wingull can bend its wings.
Yeah I know it can bend them, I just said it looks weird. It folds it's wings like a plane.....is Wingull plane inspired?

Slightly unrelated, but this sentence right here reminded me of this wonderful tweet that I saw yesterday-ish:

Just a reminder that there are jerks on both sides, not just on the #BringBackNationalDex side (for those who still think that the movement is made entirely of harassers based on a few rude and/or snarky comments).

It's one thing to have criticisms of the backlash, but he had no reason to be a jerk about it.

I think I am actually more tired of starters who look Fire/Fighting, rather than by the Fire/Fighting typing itself.

For example, for me, Incineroar is more annoying than Emboar because, imo, Emboar looks more like a pure fire type, and Incineroar completely looks like a fire/fighting type.

Last edited:
What kind of ice pokemon do you want in galar?
I would really like to see an ice type Pokemon based off a stoat. We do have a couple of stoat-like Pokemon in Mienfoo and Mienshao, but they don't really show off one of the more unique features of the stoat. Stoats have two different coats, one for summer, and one for winter, and they moult twice a year to replace their coat. In the summer they have sandy brown fur with white flanks, and in the winter their fur is white except for the black tip on their tail.

So I would really love to see a stoat Pokemon that in the warmer weather of Alola (since there are weather conditions), have one form, and then in colder weather have another form. Think Deerling and Sawsbuck. And they change after you caught them to whatever weather you are in. I think the ice typing would suit it well too, as Galar does seem like it's generally cooler, with some really cold places.

We also had a break of two years between ORAS and SuMo that the anime handled fine, and there wasn't any new anime for LGPE, so we've seen anime plans that didn't rely on annual releases anyways.

It should be noted that the anime did promote those games on a lesser scale. ORAS had Sawyer brought into the anime as a rival showcasing Mega Sceptile and Salamence, while Steven was brought back showcasing Mega Metagross and the Primals appeared in the Mega Evolution specials. LGPE has had Eevee and Meltan join the current cast and Misty and Brock were brought back again for a couple episodes.

I'm tired of earing people complaining about the lack of national dex. Yes it's disapointing ,therefore, it's not the and of the world. The game can be good without it. Anyway,most of the pokemon from previous gen are stock in boxes. With that beiing said, the #DON'TBRINGBACKNATIONALDEX is really stupid , it's a lack of maturity. Same for those who post the #BRINGBACKNATIONALDEX on every game freak or pokemon post. To be honest, I don't think it will change anything. Honestly i'm pretty excited about SW/SH ,it's the game i'm the most excited for since a long time.

Couldn't agree more.

As for revealing the evolutions for the starters...it's kind of soon for that I think. I'd say September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom