• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they might twist things and actually reveal the starter first evolutions earlier than usual. Why randomly mention them in an interview if you don’t want people to focus on them for the time being?
What exactly did they say? I don't think I've read that part

I'd like to see more pokemon like Magmar/Electabuzz/Scyther, a.k.a. human shape. Not into quadpedal pokemon.
We already get enough of those (including all 3 starters) so I'd prefer if they were toned down this time around.
What exactly did they say? I don't think I've read that part
Saying it by memory it was: "I hope people are looking forward to the evolutions of Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble."

By Magmortar and Electivire, I meant humanshape, not bipedal-fox or bipedal-cat like Delphox and Incineroar whom are based off quadpedal animals.
So Pokemon that look like humans without quadruped animal features? Because Incineroar literally looks like a human with a Tiger head, down to the musculature. We’ve still had a lot of those.

I think they might twist things and actually reveal the starter first evolutions earlier than usual. Why randomly mention them in an interview if you don’t want people to focus on them for the time being?
They could change their mind. Masuda said that XY was going to have a ton of Pokemon in the overworld, but it never happened probably because of system limitations.

In that one leak, "Raboot" sounds like robot/reboot. They say Scorbunny is pure fire (or "pure fighter" which I'm pretty sure is a mistake), but they might just mean Scorbunny itself, which we already know is fire. It seems obvious they picked Sobble (because they knew both its evos), and for Scorbunny "I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid " so they probably also would not know the type of grookey/scorbunny final evos.

Anyway what I'm getting at is that it sounds like Scorbunny could end up fire/steel (or even fire/electric, but I'm thinking that's less likely).

Unless boot means literally boots. Maybe...Scorbunny has boots.

Last edited:
They could change their mind. Masuda said that XY was going to have a ton of Pokemon in the overworld, but it never happened probably because of system limitations.
A feature to add in a game and a PR scheme are very different things. There are no limitations to prevent a starter evolutions reveal. Not to mention that revealing the starter evolutions later is just a pattern and not something that matters in the great scheme of things (unlike the XY feature you mentioned).

It also makes sense from a logical standpoint since they’d have anticipated the backlash from the Pokémon being cut decision. I refuse to believe that they're dense enough to not expect backlash of immense volumes, specially Masuda who faced the same thing to a lesser extent in RS and still was hospitalised.
Masuda's stopped tweeting when he did that literally daily. They need a fairly large news scoop to offset this and the PR team might think that starter evolutions are just the thing since the big cannons (Dynamax, Wild Area) have already been fired.

A feature to add in a game and a PR scheme are very different things. There are no limitations to prevent a starter evolutions reveal. Not to mention that revealing the starter evolutions later is just a pattern and not something that matters in the great scheme of things (unlike the XY feature you mentioned).

It also makes sense from a logical standpoint since they’d have anticipated the backlash from the Pokémon being cut decision. I refuse to believe that they're dense enough to not expect backlash of immense volumes, specially Masuda who faced the same thing to a lesser extent in RS and still was hospitalised.
Masuda's stopped tweeting when he did that literally daily. They need a fairly large news scoop to offset this and the PR team might think that starter evolutions are just the thing since the big cannons (Dynamax, Wild Area) have already been fired.
Masuda was hospitalized?

Masuda was hospitalized?
When he was directing RS, he was really stressed about how would the games be received. Combined with the 'end of Pokemania' and the possible backlash of no transfers the stress got him hospitalised.

The problem is at a very great extent now from that era, since we’ve got 800+ Pokemon now, and fans are used to compatibility. GameFreak even promised to maintain transfers for a long time with bank.

When he was directing RS, he was really stressed about how would the games be received. Combined with the 'end of Pokemania' and the possible backlash of no transfers the stress got him hospitalised.

The problem is at a very great extent now from that era, since we’ve got 800+ Pokemon now, and fans are used to compatibility. GameFreak even promised to maintain transfers for a long time with bank.
Not surprised. Japanese Business Culture is very stressful from what I've heard. Apparently its considered informal to leave before your boss in Japan.

I'm very very curious as to how they handle this. It would be extremely surprising if they did/said nothing. I feel like it's pretty likely they'll decide to patch the pokemon in, or at least address our concerns and mention it being on the table.
Or mention that they'll be included in DP remakes at least. Is what I'm hoping.

Game Freak absolutely needs to be held accountable for their problems (along with us fans to a degree), but not to such an extent where someone becomes so stressed they're hospitalized. I'm hoping the silence is just Masuda breaking off from online to focus on more important matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom