• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making rematches mandatory isn't a good idea. Mina's trial didn't involve rematches.

I don't really see how it's inherently a bad idea. We battle Giovanni and every other villain boss multiple times. I would think it just depends on the needs of the story and/or progression. Functionally it's just like what you'd have if BW threw a few Veteran Shauns at you in Victory Road, except not even that harsh because they'd probably give you free teleports and heal-ups.

We don't even know when exactly Pokemon Sleep will be released; it could happen a full year after SwSh's release. Game Freak wouldn't make it so closely related to an in-game feature.

Also, why would the mascot need to Gigantamax just to take on Eternatus, if the latter couldn't even Dynamax? Isn't the point of kaiju to see two giants battle?

These two though... absolutely, yeah.

@Esserise I've edited my post. I just find the idea of having a rematch with the gym leaders right between the Elite Four and Champion, quite baffling. It would make the Elite Four look secondary to the gym leaders, and it would also make the Champion very isolated from the Elite Four.

I've also noticed that the rumor only mentions Eternatus not having access to Gigantamax. I guess that's fine if it just grows big without a form? Kind of lazy for a special boss.

Thus if the graphics complaints or unhappiness doesnt simmer down or if it increases as we get close to release or after release it may be wise for pokemon to go back to 2.5d or 2d at that point.
Then there’s going to be no graphics progression. Expect to see BW2 with a new coat of paint for every main series games onward if it happens, whereas we’ve had a variety of 3D styles with XY>SM>LGPE>SwSh.

Like someone (I think @Oriden?) pointed out, the 2D sprites were being re used to an extent in BW. Creating 700+ sprites every generation is going to be the same, if not more tedious work than tweaking the model textures (which is like slightly altering the coat of paint on a skeleton which remains the same every 3D instalment.

3D does make the world more expressive and vivid, not to mention features like Amie work best in this style.

I just think that it’d be quite annoying as a normal (not specially competitive or looking for battling x100) user who's convinced that they’ve come so far and are about to battle the champion, when all your effort is suddenly nullified by something taking away your badges.

By the way, how should that even matter? In these games badges aren’t the sole proof that you won the matches since they’re being recorded by Rotom-like things, probably sponsored and televised and an audience sees them. There’s ample proof that you won all your gym battles so why do you need to battle again to regain the same badges?

Well they could still do the refresh in 3d. But my comments were about an increase of extreme criticisim of the games anyway.

Esserise is arguing that the gym leaders would just ask to do it for fun, but their timing would suck in that case and apparently the player wouldn't get to say no.
If that personally happened to me, I'd still find that tedious, specially considering how big of a deal battling and possibly defeating Leon is supposed to be.
We're supposed to be one step away from battling him, and... poof! All your effort was waste and now you're supposed to backtrack across the region to battle those gym leaders and their balloon Pokémon again.

I really hope this one's fake.

Yeah I really don't know how to feel about this rumor. It kind of just feels like they are going off the credible leak and using some of the terms, and then just adding a bunch of stuff. (Though the Pokemon Sleep add in just seems crazy enough to be real, honestly, and we don't know much about that yet).

I also find the idea of rechallenging the gym leaders rather tedious. I would find t really cool if I was about to face off with the champ and then something stopped me, but not like a go back to square 1 stop. I was thinking more like face off with evil team/something plot-wise stop, and then we can return after everything is finished and challenge the champ.

Last edited:
I actually find everything in that list really interesting. Personally, if what we have seen said about Leon turns out to be true, it would make sense that Leon is the one behind making sure the player isn't able to advance by making them lose their gym ring. The only thing I'm not sure about is, why would the gym leaders just hand the badge back to you, since you've already earned it?

I'm never gonna be disappointed if a "leak" mentions hella new Pokemon in addition to lots of new forms. If Galarian forms are a thing, the amount they list seems like a good number. But 47 Gigantamaxed forms? Hmm...

This meme is epic XD

Bonus points for having legendary McLovin in the background:

(the movie is called Superbad, and is hilarious)

Last edited:
Entering Galar illegally would be a piece of cake for Zoroark, Ditto and Smeargle.
Actually, I saw a comic which I forgot to save (damn...) about Galar Security and a Pangoro being the security officer. Zoroark poses as Lucario and is busted as Pangoro uses brick break as additional verification and the illusion wears off.

And next in line was a Sceptile painted like a Charizard.

EDIT: Found it!

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/By49_fjFvoW/?igshid=1lgb200u5sisk

Minds alike. I promise you I didn't see this meme before...

Mimicing or Mirror Moving Transform is also an option. Pidgeot, just dump your Mega Stone, Suicune and Aegislash. Use Mimic and save yourself the trouble.

Help me with some more creativity folks!

I stand by what I said.

You barely even said anything, all you did was mention some comparison which you still haven't even elaborated on, followed by some opinion that was barely relevant to what I even said. What is it you're standing by exactly? Not that it matters, what you personally think has no bearing on my opinion or anyone else's at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom