• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just logged back on, and the first thing I see is Oriden's post about not wanting to know someone who noticed that Torchic's butthole is missing. What the heck are we talking about?

So speaking of HOME- if you can trade pokemon in HOME, and HOME can be used on your phone, and the Switch can communicate with your phone, does that mean that we could use HOME to trade pokemon for Sword and Shield instead of paying for an online subscription for the Switch? If HOME is considerably cheaper and you don't have any other games that you need online for, that almost could be a pretty sweet deal... not as sweet as trading being a free service, but you know- by comparison.

So I just logged back on, and the first thing I see is Oriden's post about not wanting to know someone who noticed that Torchic's butthole is missing. What the heck are we talking about?
Gender differences. XD

So speaking of HOME- if you can trade pokemon in HOME, and HOME can be used on your phone, and the Switch can communicate with your phone, does that mean that we could use HOME to trade pokemon for Sword and Shield instead of paying for an online subscription for the Switch? If HOME is considerably cheaper and you don't have any other games that you need online for, that almost could be a pretty sweet deal... not as sweet as trading being a free service, but you know- by comparison.
Huh...I never thought of that.

So speaking of HOME- if you can trade pokemon in HOME, and HOME can be used on your phone, and the Switch can communicate with your phone, does that mean that we could use HOME to trade pokemon for Sword and Shield instead of paying for an online subscription for the Switch?
Yes, for $5 or whatever. That isn't exactly great news for people who also want to pay for online battles, though.

So something exciting for me, although I could have done this in SMUSUM, is playing through the game with Drifblim, my favorite Pokemon. I really would love to see Luxray confirmed as a return, but with Yamper, that probably isn't likely.

So something exciting for me, although I could have done this in SMUSUM, is playing through the game with Drifblim, my favorite Pokemon. I really would love to see Luxray confirmed as a return, but with Yamper, that probably isn't likely.
Electrike is there- who knows?

Boy, without Mega Manectric on the table, I would trade the Electrike line for the Shinx one in a heartbeat... Not permanently, of course, but for one game? Absolutely.

I'm hoping for Furret- it doesn't seem super likely, but its one of my favorite Pokemon, and I'm hoping they're going to make new animations for the Camping feature. I'd love to get to see more cute animations of Furret.

If Team Yell is real, and if they’re hyperactive football like fans to one of the rivals, then they could at least resemble something like Vikings, otherwise that would not only be a wasted opportunity, but also treading too much into real life football fans in the UK, such as Celtic and Middlesburgh given the nortorious.

If Team Yell is real, and if they’re hyperactive football like fans to one of the rivals, then they could at least resemble something like Vikings, otherwise that would not only be a wasted opportunity, but also treading too much into real life football fans in the UK, such as Celtic and Middlesburgh given the nortorious.
DEeoZbZDqw0SWGxr8cmVKaJEcOYErEy_yl-ht7f66Zs.jpg

I only hope that Team Yell has some kind of notorious plot going on in the background and are just using their...rambunctious attitude as a front. Team Flare could be generalized as the Fashion Police but they were still doing heinous stuff.

Which I'm sure will happen but I'm not too happy with them right now. I miss the villainous gangs.

Can you please also support my hashtag #bringbackvanishedpokemonfrombank?
Sure, do you want me to reply that one every tweet Pokémon makes? I'd be happy to help you out with that. c: #BringBackNationalDex doesn't use up the whole characters you can use for a tweet anyway. (jk, if it's not obvious, btw)
I'd trade Yamper away for Luxray, tbh. But on the other hand by now hacks got me way too used to a Electric/Dark Luxray so I guess using a Luxray in a legit game would be just a bit confusing now...

Fun fact: They kept the joke as is in the LA version.

Talking about the Spanish version, apparently Nessa's name is Cathy there.
In the German version, Nessa is called Kate.
...Milo is Yarro for anyone who cares.
(Sonia became Sania, Leon became Delion, Prof. Magnolia is Magnolica... Hop stays Hop, though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom