• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, GF are becoming lazy with Post Games now because kids today have a very short attention span and would rather move on to something else than just play on the same game once it's been completed.

Yeah, GF are becoming lazy with Post Games now because kids today have a very short attention span and would rather move on to something else than just play on the same game once it's been completed.
While not exactly wrong, it doesn't apply to all kids. Back in gen 3 and upwards I never felt the need to go through the battle facilities. I had more fun just going through the main campaign. But others had fun with the frontier

While not exactly wrong, it doesn't apply to all kids. Back in gen 3 and upwards I never felt the need to go through the battle facilities. I had more fun just going through the main campaign. But others had fun with the frontier
Apart from those that have grown up with Pokemon, they also have to focus on the target audience, which is the kids.

I don't see why optional content should be removed because it might be hard for kids to understand. It took me until I was 16 to understand how IVs and EVs work, and that's a fundamental part of the game's battle system.
I couldn't care less of LVs and EVs, if you don't mind me saying so.

I don't see why optional content should be removed because it might be hard for kids to understand. It took me until I was 16 to understand how IVs and EVs work, and that's a fundamental part of the game's battle system.
Because you actually want to entertain, and not everybody thinks difficult challenges is fun.

No what I mean by inviting is that it can actually look fun but at the same time isn't super challenging so easily accessible. It's something that's been achieved before, and it's still optional

I think you may be missing the point of optional content. The point with optional content is that it is a player's CHOICE whether they want to tackle it or not.

Take the Super Bosses in the Final Fantasy games for example which are hard as nails. They are always optional, and it is my own choice whether I want to fight them or not. If I choose to fight one and am completely blown away by it, then that's on me because I chose to fight it.

I would really like to see them do a bit more with the post game. Personally, I love the extra bit of content. The battle facilities just don't do it for me. I would be fine if it was some facility where you actually had a goal to work to (like the Battle Frontier, though I have never played it).

I do like the games that have a little additional extra story (which makes me wonder why I still haven't done Rainbow Rocket. probably my team. Maybe I'll bring my old team over) in the post game. Even if it's only lasts for a few hours, it's still really fun for me. Get a little extra story, little extra adventure to go on.

That's probably the reason I have actually enjoy some of the more recent post games. X and Y's Looker post-game was fun, working as his assistant, and getting to see more character development with a post-game character in Emma than I saw with the entirety of the group of friends in the main game. The Delta Episode in ORAS was awesome! And I found myself very intrigued into learning more about Looker and Nanu's past while working on Sun and Moon's post game.

I do think they need to do something a litle more though, something that will be fun for people for hours and hours.

^ I would love for something like the Looker's Bureau Episode from XY, to be remade into a full spinoff Pokémon game.

I would say Detective Pikachu is something like that conceptually. But it doesn't have the main series games' mechanics, so I don't count it.

Well, the battles in the Bureau Episode were nothing special. The only spin-off game that might have the main series' mechanics is a battle simulator, should that be the solution to Dexit.

Then again, I am personally not interested in cloud based games (that can potentially erase the Pokémon that are there), so... Pokémon Home wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Also, I don't think cloud based apps are a replacement for properly fleshed out Pokémon spin-offs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom