• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's relatively easy to guess someone's tone based on the words they use in a post.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, I can read your tone as well. I'm not retarded. Surprising, isn't it?

Never said you were. Just saying that it's hard to tell what people's tones actually are when all you have to go off of is a bunch of words and that voice inside you're head that's reading them. It was easier in my case to tell that I was being sarcastic, more so because of the way I phrased it than on the tone I used (since, again, you can't here my actual voice and the actual tone I used when you're reading it). However, in @TechSkylander1518's case, you couldn't tell that he was being "whiny" and "aggressive" (unless you somehow heard his voice), so that was more so you assuming the worst than him actually being rude.

I don't think that Contests will be in the Sword & Shield anime unless they return in the games.

XY anime had a major focus and arc on contests despite Kalos having no such contests ingame. I dont think Kalos had them mentioned ingame either. So we know its not a prerequisite.

If Pokemon Let's Go is a core, main series game, why did Game Freak specify such a "core, main series" game was coming this year when PLG was coming out? They didn't need need to mention Pokemon Sword and Shield like that if PLG are already "core, main series" games.

I thought their terminology was that PLG was "core" but not "main series". If not then whatever I guess, but I specifically remember people giving this explanation.

This was the first time Gamefreak officially used the term core and main series, so it's a question we will never know the answer to officially as to what is what outside of their website game listings.

You’re confusing performances with contests.

There was no such as thing as performances in game in Kalos either. Whether its a performance or a contest, we know its not a prerequisite for the games to have something if the anime or manga wishes to cover it.

Last edited:
Well common internet etiquette is "be rude enough (during arguments and otherwise) that you accrue more likes and fill that gaping hole inside, but not so rude that your post gets removed". So the normalized rudeness kind of becomes invisible except when people like me overreact.

I realize some people are gonna say "well I don't feel like he was rude at all, but you were" and I'm sorry for that, but I hate when people send me a response with disdain barely concealed in it. I'll try to control myself better.

No leaks are terribly credible, so people don't talk about them for long and drift to other topics. I guess that leads to arguments.

This is a theory I have about the box Legendaries in terms of the logos...

One leaker suggested that they are one and the same - just 'forms' of one Legendary, kind of Kyurem or Necrozma. I kind of wonder if it is the opposite: The "hilt" is just a pokemon that fuses with the 'real' box legendaries, which haven't actually been revealed yet.

There was no such as thing as performances in game in Kalos either. Whether its a performance or a contest, we know its not a prerequisite for the games to have something if the anime or manga wishes to cover it.

While yes, X and Y (the games) didn't have anything that resembled the showcases from the anime, ORAS did have contests, which seem to have served as inspiration for the showcases and we're released in the same gen as XY. So, in a way, the anime's inclusion of showcases was still somewhat connected to the games.

No leaks are terribly credible, so people don't talk about them for long and drift to other topics. I guess that leads to arguments.
That's a sign that some/most of us could use a break from this thread.

One leaker suggested that they are one and the same - just 'forms' of one Legendary, kind of Kyurem or Necrozma. I kind of wonder if it is the opposite: The "hilt" is just a pokemon that fuses with the 'real' box legendaries, which haven't actually been revealed yet.
The only good thing about that is that it would arguably kill the possibility of follow up games.

While yes, X and Y (the games) didn't have anything that resembled the showcases from the anime, ORAS did have contests, which seem to have served as inspiration for the showcases and we're released in the same gen as XY. So, in a way, the anime's inclusion of showcases was still somewhat connected to the games.
You know, now that I think about it, you may be right. I mean, weirder things have shown up in the anime, like Gary ending up a researcher (this was going to happen in Gen II), or the fact that Mega Evolution is brutal (which was mentioned in Mega Glalie's pre-release bio and SM).

This is a theory I have about the box Legendaries in terms of the logos...

I lean to this theory a lot mainly because the wolf symbol in each logo is identical

I lean to this theory a lot mainly because the wolf symbol in each logo is identical

Yes; it might even be a stylized representation of something in the games that relates to an actual legendary Pokemon, if for example there is some type of group that takes care of and interacts with them, their symbols could be what we are seeing in the logos!

I am thinking maybe the main character in the game will turn to be a mythical Pokémon that bases on elf changeling in fairy lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom