• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think Wembley in London would be the last Gym, perhaps being Poison Typing. So from what we know so far, we have...

Steel or Fire
Grass
Water
Dragon or Steel
Rock or Ground
Ghost, Psychic or Fairy
Dark or Ice
Fairy or Poison

Actually, I think Wembley in London would be the last Gym, perhaps being Poison Typing. So from what we know so far, we have...

Steel or Fire
Grass
Water
Dragon or Steel
Rock or Ground
Fairy/Psychic or Ghost
Dark or Ice
Poison
I think that the London gym is instead Electric-type, but that's just my opinion.

Have GameFreak announced my Electric/Rock Velociraptor yet?

No? Well, what are they waiting for? :p

Last edited:
Fairy or poison, probably, but fairy sounds much better.
Suites the flower design for Wembley as well.

So this is what we've probably got of the Gym Leaders if we look at the colours and the themes...

Steel
Grass
Water
Dragon
Rock
Ghost - Gym Leader could be based on Robin Hood and would probably have a Decidueye in the anime
Dark
Fairy

Elite Four could be...

Fire
Electric
Ice
Psychic

They could probably be also Flying, Normal, Ground, Bug, Fighting or Poison

The question is, what gender could they be?

The question is, what gender could they be?

I beg your pardon, why do you care about it that much ? I think this is the second time you open up that subject. Why is the genders of gym leaders matter to you ? We barely know anything about new games but you are speculating about genders of gym leaders that we don't know anything about them. Speculating about what types gyms will be is make sense but genders, i don't think matters at all. Don't get me wrong, asking for just curiosity, why is that important for you ?

Last edited:
Will Mewtwo be plot relevant in Sword and Shield?

You know, I was going to say “I hope not”, but honestly Mewtwo has kind of never been well integrated to the plot of a Pokemon game it appears in. If they made it plot relevant and did something interesting with it, I think it would be pretty cool!

But if they just put it in there again like “Look guys! Mewtwo!! Remember??” it will not be interesting to me at all, and would also be taking time away from building lore for the new legendary monsters... and unfortunately, if they did include Mewtwo, I feel like they’d be more likely to go with this route, or maybe pull another Kalos and just have it be found in a random cave somewhere in the post game (which at least wouldn’t detract attention from the main story, but would still be wasting postgame energy on something that doesn’t add to the lore of Pokemon much at all, so I’d be kind of disappointed).

They should have given Mewtwo focus in LGPE at the latest. I guess they doubt they can match the anime Mewtwo, but the backstory is pretty different.

Game Freak are pretty bad when they do give legendaries story focus, so I guess I should feel relieved.

They should have given Mewtwo focus in LGPE at the latest. I guess they doubt they can match the anime Mewtwo, but the backstory is pretty different.

Game Freak are pretty bad when they do give legendaries story focus, so I guess I should feel relieved.
Really? I thought Giratina, BW mascots and Cosmog were done nicely.

Will Mewtwo be plot relevant in Sword and Shield?
I don't think so.

In Gen I and its remakes Mewtwo's backstory is in the background and it's very easy to miss it.

In HGSS, Mewtwo was just there.

In XY, Mewtwo was only in the Pokémon Village as a reference to the anime, with no explanation what he is doing in Kalos.

In USUM, Mewtwo also didn't have anything to do with the story, being just an Ultra Wormhole Legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom