• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There'll be a new trailer this Friday on the 22nd. It introduces the new Legendary pokemon along with three other new pokemon.

The the legendary pokemon Are name Leivatyr and Lupaegis

Leivatyr is Steel/Fighting type and represents Sword, while Lupaegis is Steel/Fairy type and represents Shield

Both are armored wolves, one with extendable blades on it's shoulders and head, and one three segments on it's shoulders and head that form a shield

Their abilities as Unyielding Blade and Unbreakable Guard. Unyielding Blade is like a built in Power-Up Punch. It increases it's attack everytime Leivatyr does damage. Unbreakable Guard is like Stamina and increases Lupaegis's defense whenever it's damaged. Both increased physical and special depending on moves used.

Leivatyr has a variety of slash, blade, and sword moves. It's signature move is Sword of Legend. Always deals critical damage.

Lupaegis knows a variety of protection, defense boosting, and counter moves. It's signature move is Shield of Legend. It's acts like Protect, but if the opponent attacks, it deals back double the damage of said attack.

Three new pokemon are the route ones. You will also be able to see the starters in game for the first time.

The bird is Chikid, a small brown chick with white feathers on his chest like a necklace and a very pointed beak. It's is Normal/Flying and the abilities Tangled Feet / Early Bird

Rodent it Ovole. A very rounded mouse looking creature. It's Normal/Ground and it's abilities are Run Away / Quick Work. New ability that makes one turn delay moves act instantly

The bug is Bucklebug. A small beetle with a circular shell on it's back. It's pure Bug and it's abilities are Stamina / Filter

At the end of the trailer there'll be a short glimpse of the inside of the Grass gym and the new Gym Master in battle. Using what seems to be a new battle type.

And when this trailer comes up, it should give me enough validity to tell you some info I got for you"

Just updated the speculation map of the Galar Region compared with real life locations. I had difficulty with the snowy town, but eventually turned to Liverpool. I always thought the sea port was Liverpool at the back of my head after Blackpool, but then when I think about it in this stance, Blackpool is right next to another town with a small port called Fleetwood, and that also has lighthouses.

The truth has been spoken

There'll be a new trailer this Friday on the 22nd.
Well, at least this one's got a nice, quick expiration date! I wish all fakers would do that-it would safe us the trouble of "well, they didn't say exactly when..."

Their abilities as Unyielding Blade and Unbreakable Guard. Unyielding Blade is like a built in Power-Up Punch. It increases it's attack everytime Leivatyr does damage. Unbreakable Guard is like Stamina and increases Lupaegis's defense whenever it's damaged. Both increased physical and special depending on moves used.

Leivatyr has a variety of slash, blade, and sword moves. It's signature move is Sword of Legend. Always deals critical damage.

Lupaegis knows a variety of protection, defense boosting, and counter moves. It's signature move is Shield of Legend. It's acts like Protect, but if the opponent attacks, it deals back double the damage of said attack.
How's this gonna be shown in the trailer? I can get stuff like sig moves or general movesets, but the specific mechanics of them?
Rodent it Ovole. A very rounded mouse looking creature. It's Normal/Ground and it's abilities are Run Away / Quick Work. New ability that makes one turn delay moves act instantly
Lol what? There's a reason these moves take extra turns-to balance out their power. Even the Power Herb, an item that lets you skip a charging turn, is made to be a one-time use to keep it from getting too powerful. Are we honestly supposed to believe we're gonna get a Pokemon whose ability would let it spam moves with base powers of 130, 200, etc. on the first route? They're gonna say "Hey, look at this early-game rodent! Watch it show off its ability as it uses Skull Bash!"? It'd also be terrible that early on, since the player wouldn't have access to any of those moves.
And when this trailer comes up, it should give me enough validity to tell you some info I got for you
People on 4Chan say whatever they want all the time and get attention-what's this guy waiting for?

This leak is safe, almost too safe in fact. I mean, it's got a lot in it, and all this information are things we have been expecting to be revealed in the first few trailers. I think it's obvious that we are going to get ingame models of our starters next, and legendaries and early route Pokemon are great go to's to reveal in the first trailer.

The Pokemon also have a lot of information that comes with them, not just the names and descriptions, but we even have typing and abilities. It all sounds really believable.

But the thing is, this is a lot for one trailer. At least during Sun and Moon's trailer season, the two major things mentioned in this leak took multiple trailers to fully reveal. Solgaleo and Lunala were shown off in the first trailer on May 10th, but didn't have names and info till the second trailer on June 2nd. Then we got the early route Pokemon on June 14th. This leak says we will have legendaries, new route Pokemon, and names and abilities for both in the trailer.

Another big thing is while this trailer mentions it will have the starter Pokemon to be revealed ingame, it makes no mention of us getting any info on their abilities, but is sure to mention the abilities on all the other Pokemon. This is a major red flag for me, as the leak does so well to talk about this, but doesn't mention anything on the abilities of the starter Pokemon? And I highly doubt they wouldn't tell us the abilities of the starter Pokemon if they are going to show them off in game.

All and all, I say fake. The leak is interesting enough, but the sheer amount they are revealing, and the lack of the extra info on the starters when they work to post so much info on the other Pokemon, definitely points to fake on this one. At least it has an expiration date listed on it.

Yeah. They would have to essentially rebuild the entire region from scratch due to the fact that the games are no longer on a square grid like Kalos is.

That's why the game having part of kalos and not full kalos makes sense.

Another thing I've forgotten to mention is the VS intuition is similar to that in Pokemon Platinum.

This leak is safe, almost too safe in fact. I mean, it's got a lot in it, and all this information are things we have been expecting to be revealed in the first few trailers. I think it's obvious that we are going to get ingame models of our starters next, and legendaries and early route Pokemon are great go to's to reveal in the first trailer.

The Pokemon also have a lot of information that comes with them, not just the names and descriptions, but we even have typing and abilities. It all sounds really believable.

But the thing is, this is a lot for one trailer. At least during Sun and Moon's trailer season, the two major things mentioned in this leak took multiple trailers to fully reveal. Solgaleo and Lunala were shown off in the first trailer on May 10th, but didn't have names and info till the second trailer on June 2nd. Then we got the early route Pokemon on June 14th. This leak says we will have legendaries, new route Pokemon, and names and abilities for both in the trailer.

Another big thing is while this trailer mentions it will have the starter Pokemon to be revealed ingame, it makes no mention of us getting any info on their abilities, but is sure to mention the abilities on all the other Pokemon. This is a major red flag for me, as the leak does so well to talk about this, but doesn't mention anything on the abilities of the starter Pokemon? And I highly doubt they wouldn't tell us the abilities of the starter Pokemon if they are going to show them off in game.

All and all, I say fake. The leak is interesting enough, but the sheer amount they are revealing, and the lack of the extra info on the starters when they work to post so much info on the other Pokemon, definitely points to fake on this one. At least it has an expiration date listed on it.
Question. Do we really need to know the starter's abilities? It's just going to be blaze, overgrow, and torrent again.

Edit: Looks like he came up with more.

"Some more info. This time everyone's favorite type. Starter info. These are actually going to be the strongest starters to date. Each exceeding in a certain field. Grookey, is the most offensive, Scorbunny it the fastest, and Sobble is the most defensive.

Grookey's final form is called Gorumble. It's Grass/Rock, and it of course a big gorilla that wields two wooden clubs. It has a signature move, Terra Beat, where it literally bangs on the ground with it's clubs like a drum and summons a tree underneath the opponent. It's a rock type move and have a high chance of critical damage. It's like Stone Edge but has a slightly higher chance to hit

Scorbuuny becomes Jackick. This might make me sound like a phony but it's Fire/Fighting. It actually is a soccer player, and to me is coolest of the 3, next to Sobble's. It also has a lot of kicking moves. It's signature move is Flare Drive, a move that creates a fireball and it bicycle kicks it to the opponent. It acts like Electro Ball and the faster it is compared to it's opponent, the more damage it does. Plus it causes burn

Sobble become Chavaleon. It's Water/Steel and it's a lizard knight that uses it's tail as a shield and lance. It's signature move is called Reflect Guard. It's like Sucker Punch, but becomes a physical or special attack depeding on the move the opponent is using. But it also lowers it's own defense and special defense if successful."

Last edited:
Question. Do we really need to know the starter's abilities? It's just going to be blaze, overgrow, and torrent again.

Edit: Looks like he came up with more.

"Some more info. This time everyone's favorite type. Starter info. These are actually going to be the strongest starters to date. Each exceeding in a certain field. Grookey, is the most offensive, Scorbunny it the fastest, and Sobble is the most defensive.

Grookey's final form is called Gorumble. It's Grass/Rock, and it of course a big gorilla that wields two wooden clubs. It has a signature move, Terra Beat, where it literally bangs on the ground with it's clubs like a drum and summons a tree underneath the opponent. It's a rock type move and have a high chance of critical damage. It's like Stone Edge but has a slightly higher chance to hit

Scorbuuny becomes Jackick. This might make me sound like a phony but it's Fire/Fighting. It actually is a soccer player, and to me is coolest of the 3, next to Sobble's. It also has a lot of kicking moves. It's signature move is Flare Drive, a move that creates a fireball and it bicycle kicks it to the opponent. It acts like Electro Ball and the faster it is compared to it's opponent, the more damage it does. Plus it causes burn

Sobble become Chavaleon. It's Water/Steel and it's a lizard knight that uses it's tail as a shield and lance. It's signature move is called Reflect Guard. It's like Sucker Punch, but becomes a physical or special attack depeding on the move the opponent is using. But it also lowers it's own defense and special defense if successful."
facepalm

Too soon for final Evos yet. I mean the Gen 7 Starters Final Evolutions Confidential Sheets didn't appear until May?

facepalm

Too soon for final Evos yet. I mean the Gen 7 Starters Final Evolutions Confidential Sheets didn't appear until May?
I forget, didn't the reference sheets show like a month after the starter reveal, in not in the same?

Aaaaaaaand the thread was deleted

Last edited:
I'm not buying these Kalos relations with Galar. But I really liked the storyline about two houses with legendary wolfs that need to unite to fight against the dragon legendary. It's a good plot.
Isn't that literally the plot of some book or something.

I do understand the frustrations and anger when hearing some of these rumours and leaks and proven untrue. Once you pump these topics so much some are easy to lose patience, only when the reveal becomes true some would still get angry over it.

I haven't heard yet of someone being angry or upset that Spain was not chosen for Gen 8.

I do understand the frustrations and anger when hearing some of these rumours and leaks and proven untrue. Once you pump these topics so much some are easy to lose patience, only when the reveal becomes true some would still get angry over it.

I haven't heard yet of someone being angry or upset that Spain was not chosen for Gen 8.
What are you even responding to? I haven't seen anyone actually angry over fake leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom