• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please find me a link to the source of this pic? I do not know whether or not this has been proven fake. Have heard from recent Ruffledrowlit video that this was done by Sifyro, however I can't find it in the Twitter account.

If it hasn't then this could be real untio proven fake.

View: https://twitter.com/PokeStarmie/status/1105074606631604224

Last edited:
Well, apparently the Japanese is kinda weird according to this, so I think it's possibly fake.
or a typo. I'm English and even I get my own English messed up sometimes.

Actually... Mohawk seems pretty much accurate compaired to what this twitter thinks.

From Google Translate: モホーク - Mohōku (Mohawk) , モヒカン - Mohikan (?)

Mohawk hairstyle - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Yeah, but how often do people make typos in professional art, and with nobody correcting them?
Just updated the post.
or a typo. I'm English and even I get my own English messed up sometimes.

Actually... Mohawk seems pretty much accurate compaired to what this twitter thinks.

From Google Translate: モホーク - Mohōku (Mohawk) , モヒカン - Mohikan (?)

Mohawk hairstyle - Wikipedia
I just realised that the twitter person is wrong, and that what he was referring to of Mohawk is pretty much accurate to translation.

Just updated the post.

I just realised that the twitter person is wrong, and that what he was referring to of Mohawk is pretty much accurate to translation.
I’m pretty sure PokeStarmie actually speaks Japanese. Google translate is very literal and does not account for contextual changes in language (formal vs informal, idioms, etc.). If every piece of Japanese text from the leak could easily be fed back and forth through google translate that’s actually pretty telling to me that it’s fake.

I’m pretty sure PokeStarmie actually speaks Japanese. Google translate is very literal and does not account for contextual changes in language (formal vs informal, idioms, etc.). If every piece of Japanese text from the leak could easily be fed back and forth through google translate that’s actually pretty telling to me that it’s fake.
I've just twitted her and waiting for reply.

Can anyone please find me a link to the source of this pic? I do not know whether or not this has been proven fake. Have heard from recent Ruffledrowlit video that this was done by Sifyro, however I can't find it in the Twitter account.

If it hasn't then this could be real untio proven fake.

View: https://twitter.com/PokeStarmie/status/1105074606631604224

Man I thought this one was disproven already. Doesn't appear to be Sifyro's artwork, though- unless she reeeally hated it and deleted all traces of it from her accounts.

I'll say that the art isn't bad but it... lacks a lot of shading. I feel like that behind image should have been shaded. And parts of images are cut off around the edges, which is an odd choice for a reference sheet.

Man I thought this one was disproven already. Doesn't appear to be Sifyro's artwork, though- unless she reeeally hated it and deleted all traces of it from her accounts.

I'll say that the art isn't bad but it... lacks a lot of shading. I feel like that behind image should have been shaded. And parts of images are cut off around the edges, which is an odd choice for a reference sheet.
People used to say the same thing with the Final Evolution Confirmation Sheets for Gen 7, people hate it because it isn't Ken's style, when it was later proven to be real.

This does have a likely feel, and even so, if it is proven fake, then this is the closest of being like real. But then, after Gen 7, it is to be expected of fake leaks. A Twitter reply to what I've written told me to not trust Google with translations, which is odd because some of the time I thought they were accuate.

I just want Galar forms for Johto and Sinnoh Pokemon only. The reason is assuming we get Sinnoh remakes it would make the most sense. The issue about Megas is almost every Gen minus 1 and 3 were cheated so if we do region forms for the pokemon in the remakes and they are up front about it it just makes it less ugh. I mean they kinda did for Gen 6 since Gen 3 got remakes but Kanto should have been Kalos focus. Giving the starters megas would have made sense for example.

I just want Galar forms for Johto and Sinnoh Pokemon only. The reason is assuming we get Sinnoh remakes it would make the most sense. The issue about Megas is almost every Gen minus 1 and 3 were cheated so if we do region forms for the pokemon in the remakes and they are up front about it it just makes it less ugh. I mean they kinda did for Gen 6 since Gen 3 got remakes but Kanto should have been Kalos focus. Giving the starters megas would have made sense for example.
Region Forms was probably a one off because of Gen 1's 20th Anniversary. It makes sense because of Darwin's Theory based on the Galapagos Islands.

Region Forms was probably a one off because of Gen 1's 20th Anniversary. It makes sense because of Darwin's Theory based on the Galapagos Islands.

I might I would agree if they kept the term alola forms but they changed it to regional forms making it sound like it is a possible recurring thing. Not saying it will be for sure but if not changing the term seems...well odd.

I might I would agree if they kept the term alola forms but they changed it to regional forms making it sound like it is a possible recurring thing. Not saying it will be for sure but if not changing the term seems...well odd.
Yeah. I don't think that they would create an umbrella term for regional variants if only one region has them.

People used to say the same thing with the Final Evolution Confirmation Sheets for Gen 7, people hate it because it isn't Ken's style, when it was later proven to be real.

This does have a likely feel, and even so, if it is proven fake, then this is the closest of being like real. But then, after Gen 7, it is to be expected of fake leaks. A Twitter reply to what I've written told me to not trust Google with translations, which is odd because some of the time I thought they were accuate.
??? That's... not remotely what I said, though.

But that said, there are definitely art choices there that make me suspect that it's fake.

Isn't that art that was found a fair bit ago? If I recall, people linked to it here, but nobody bothered to ask if it was real then.

Then again, maybe it's new. So much fanart looks almost the same to it that it's hard to distinguish.

The fanart isn't very creative, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom