• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that art that was found a fair bit ago? If I recall, people linked to it here, but nobody bothered to ask if it was real then.

Then again, maybe it's new. So much fanart looks almost the same to it that it's hard to distinguish.

The fanart isn't very creative, I guess.
Nah you're right, it was posted earlier in the thread and has just come back around.

Really? So bad Japanese skills or finding the artist online wouldn't prove something fake?

Well, it's true in the strict sense of prove, but not in the pragmatic sense of prove. Like for example no matter how solid the evidence in a crime is, in the end any conclusion is still fallible and revisable. That applies to everything really. There's no such thing as absolute certainty.

Well, it's true in the strict sense of prove, but not in the pragmatic sense of prove. Like for example no matter how solid the evidence in a crime is, in the end any conclusion is still fallible and revisable. That applies to everything really. There's no such thing as absolute certainty.
Oof, I cringe at this thought because I feel like it contributes to the folks who deny solid evidence because it doesn't support their bias.

Oof, I cringe at this thought because I feel like it contributes to the folks who deny solid evidence because it doesn't support their bias.

Every serious person ought to be a fallibilist in the strict sense. If you are not, then frankly you look silly IMO. There are no viable alternatives to fallibilism. Sorry.

Isn't that art that was found a fair bit ago? If I recall, people linked to it here, but nobody bothered to ask if it was real then.

Then again, maybe it's new. So much fanart looks almost the same to it that it's hard to distinguish.

The fanart isn't very creative, I guess.
Neither are some of the Pokemon we now have. Fake or real, I just want to know if this is proven or not.

Aside from that, I'm hoping that the Champion Defense thing returns again.
This. I love that they actually acknowledge that you're the reigning champion in SMUSUM. A first for the series where we didn't just read the same dialogue over after the first win. Def would like to see this return, even if we do have a Champion this go around. Which we most likely will.

I don't know if they would do that because I don't think that the player will be the first champion again.
It would still make sense, though. Never really made much sense before why you'd defeat the champion and they would still be sitting in the champion's seat. You clearly earned that.

It would still make sense, though. Never really made much sense before why you'd defeat the champion and they would still be sitting in the champion's seat. You clearly earned that.
This time after defeating the Champion, you would seat at the Champion seat as the new Champion, challenging rivals, NPCs and even the former Champion once more.

So what if they make it like there is a champion but once you beat the champion they retires and hides somewhere for rematch then you could take the throne as champion and take the champion challenge then if you got defeated the one who defeats you becomes champion until you beats them

This naming a new powerful Steel Type move contest is the second time since naming a powerful Dragon Type move (Draco Meteor) in Gen IV.

So what if they make it like there is a champion but once you beat the champion they retires and hides somewhere for rematch then you could take the throne as champion and take the champion challenge then if you got defeated the one who defeats you becomes champion until you beats them
XD I'd feel like a jerk picking on the retired champion. You just beat them and they've gone into hiding so you go seek them out so you can beat the shit out of them again? What a bully.

View: https://twitter.com/Gersonsalas/status/1116254925519040512

Here's something to look at and find whether or not these are fakes. And yet somebody was impatient enough to make pixel versions of them on DA

Oof... I'm gonna call it based on the art style- obvious fakes.

Also the designs are just... it's all kinds of bad. And the artist is apparently incapable of drawing the heads at more than two angles. Very much amateur artist work here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom