• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

SPOILERS Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated March 10th, 2019)

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Anyone wishing it’s May already?
Nah- but I've got something I'm supposed to do at the start of every month so unrelated bias. XD I'll gladly wait for May to come. April might still surprise us anyway.

Reaction score
Something I'm trying to remember but wasn't the Scorbunny evolution already proven fake. I remember it was already shown here once and the artist had been found.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
So, after some time thinking about the spirit armor thing, the more I think it can actually work. Now hear me out. I don't think it's going to be a super flashy thing as people are thinking. In reality after looking over the stuff, it sounds like a basic equipment system you find in all kinds of RPGs. The fire necklace part made me think of that. I was also questioning how that would work that would mean that GF would have to do a lot of program the equipment, but then I realized they don't have to. Like most RPGs your equipment and accessories doesn't always show up on the character, it just effects their stats and such. If there were to be a visual change with this armor, it'd more than likely be on some special pokemon, the starters, Mewtwo, and the legends. So going about it like this, this would mean spirit might be a big feature, but it might not be the main feature. Think about it like how weather and abilities were introduced in RSE, but the biggest draw was the introduction to double battles. Spirit armor would be a big feature yes, but the biggest draw would be a new battle style that the gyms will have.

badwolf1234

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
XD I'd feel like a jerk picking on the retired champion. You just beat them and they've gone into hiding so you go seek them out so you can beat the shit out of them again? What a bully.
Wasnt that almost the same thing for steven although he did retired so was alder although you are a different npc in b2w2

PartTimePokemonMaster

Part Time Pokémon Master
Reaction score
So, after some time thinking about the spirit armor thing, the more I think it can actually work. Now hear me out. I don't think it's going to be a super flashy thing as people are thinking. In reality after looking over the stuff, it sounds like a basic equipment system you find in all kinds of RPGs. The fire necklace part made me think of that. I was also questioning how that would work that would mean that GF would have to do a lot of program the equipment, but then I realized they don't have to. Like most RPGs your equipment and accessories doesn't always show up on the character, it just effects their stats and such. If there were to be a visual change with this armor, it'd more than likely be on some special pokemon, the starters, Mewtwo, and the legends. So going about it like this, this would mean spirit might be a big feature, but it might not be the main feature. Think about it like how weather and abilities were introduced in RSE, but the biggest draw was the introduction to double battles. Spirit armor would be a big feature yes, but the biggest draw would be a new battle style that the gyms will have.
I thought that the item system introduced in Gen II is the basic equipment system you find in RPGs

AngryBinacle

Reaction score
At this rate I’m finding an increasing correlation between Ruffled Rowlet videos and missing summaries...
Here you go then:

Hand-drawn:
  • new bird
  • new grass pig
  • new worm-like thing, partially underneath the ground.
  • new normal type rodent
  • A gargoyle with 3 stages; the last one has strange prisms as wings. Pseudo-legendary.
  • crude drawings of the second starter stages.
  • madame-like ghost, as well as a black knight ghost with three swirling blades floating around him; both look quite well-designed.
  • The two legendaries (the rumoured unicorn and snake), but drawn in such a way that they're feasible to pass as mascots.
Other stuff:
  • Armored evolution is a thing (Armored forms, he drew armored Pikachu and Mewtwo on paper).
  • The Galarian league was made to ensure peace between two rivalling factions.
  • only 75 new mons.

Adelon

Reaction score
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSf4cxsKFU

Interesting rumour; someone really went all out trying to write down some 'mons and other information. The drawn 'mons look like they could be real; especially the legendaries. It's possibly a fake, as it's truly quite a load of information, though.
This better be a joke.

I am watching that video and its not even remotely convincing.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
I thought that the item system introduced in Gen II is the basic equipment system you find in RPGs
Kinda sorta? They're more accessories if anything. According to that rumor pokemon can still have held items while in armor, and even they can be intergrated into said armor. Like enchantments. Actually I remembered that wrong. He actually said held items can become armor or serve as it. Like Never melt Ice can become armor and give a chance for freezing when using attacks. So in a way Spirit armor does act as secondary held items it seems.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Found the archive link for this 'leak'

They are a Snake with a Wolf armor Fire/Steel (SWORD) and a metallic Unicorn with a wolf armor of majestic blue roots (SHIELD) Fairy/Steel.
Sounds like someone's attempt to fit in the OG armour leak with the Wolf legends. Snake with Wolf armour is a rather odd choice...

These are the middle evolutions according to it:

The Scorbunny one looks like a Sonic the hedgehog copy. And removing the signature two rabbit ears is a bad idea.

The 'armoured Pikachu' looks like Pikachu libre with a metal mask.

Champion Cynthia

Reaction score
This better be a joke.

I am watching that video and its not even remotely convincing.
The Snake, Horse, Nature Vs Industry thing has already been proven fake. Why can't some people get over it by now?

Also

Where have I heard the ''Drawn by memory'' cleche before?

Last edited:

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
The Snake, Horse, Nature Vs Industry thing has already been proven fake. Why can't some people get over it by now?

Also

Where have I heard the ''Drawn by memory'' cleche before?
Ha, I think the last time someone made that claim, it was for one of the goats.

I'm not even going to bother watching the video because of Armored Pikachu. Knowing that they can't possibly apply a form change mechanic to every Pokémon, I can't be the only one who sees a problem with them applying it to pikachu.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
Ha, I think the last time someone made that claim, it was for one of the goats.

I'm not even going to bother watching the video because of Armored Pikachu. Knowing that they can't possibly apply a form change mechanic to every Pokémon, I can't be the only one who sees a problem with them applying it to pikachu.
Did you happen to see my take on the whole armor thing?

AngryBinacle

Reaction score
You guys have very good points. The legendaries just seemed alright, as well as the ghost madame.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
  • only 75 new mons.
Ooh, I can drop my catchphrase now. clears throat

It's been less than two months since the announcement of SwSh. Even leaks that came close to revealing the entire dex of a game only came out close to a game's reveal. (like the BW and SuMo playthroughs where someone got the game early) So how the heck could anyone get all these Pokemon so early on?

Matleo

Reaction score
Someone feels the Game of Throne climate this gen? Half of the upper map is snow and ice? Feel freeze status and ice types will get more attention then last gen 5 pokemon... We know steel gets a strong move. Maybe one of the legendaries will be ice and other fire? Ice/ghost and fire/ steel. Hope we get many new ice types this gen and moves, maybe icy terrain, ice shielding move and ice soubd freezing move. Dont know if they change ice resistances but maybe they will add new megas and fast, strong and uniqe ability like representatives... Ice may get healing and draining option too this gen. Also many ice type combos werent used. Ice/ghost maybe gets more representatives like grass/ghost did.