• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Localization is funny like that. The onigiri thing always bothered me, but only because I knew what onigiri were. Similar issues were present in all anime being dubbed around that time.
XD As I child I'm pretty sure that I had squinted at what was being held on the screen like "That's not a jelly donut... wtf is that really?" and then later became familiar with rice balls from a more sensibly dubbed anime. 4kids clearly thinks that kids are stupid, they really don't know their target audience at all.

Localization is funny like that. The onigiri thing always bothered me, but only because I knew what onigiri were. Similar issues were present in all anime being dubbed around that time.

Did they really think Western children wouldn't know what rice was?

LOL although I suppose kids might not necessarily know you can eat seaweed so its possible they wouldn't know what the black stuff was.

There's Donphan

Attachments

• D6pPo_LUwAA1wD9.jpg
    D6pPo_LUwAA1wD9.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 89
You know a dead end was hit when we run out of stuff to speculate on game-wise. This is why I wanted to see a trailer this month, it doesn't have to show a lot, just a little bit that will get the thread going until next month.

I know that the Manga adaptations change things in the movie sometimes but man they only added slight differences it seems.

Wonders, if they don't show anything until E3, does that mean they will make a big reveal? With sun and moon, didn't they do alot of teaser trailers before E3? I wonder if advertising isn't being as focused on before E3 because this game is geared towards older fans, and older fans tend to watch E3 anyway opposed to newer fans.

I don't understand. They really think a direct to DVD production can be released in theaters? Even just for a toy promotion?

Wonders, if they don't show anything until E3, does that mean they will make a big reveal? With sun and moon, didn't they do alot of teaser trailers before E3? I wonder if advertising isn't being as focused on before E3 because this game is geared towards older fans, and older fans tend to watch E3 anyway opposed to newer fans.
These games were not geared towards older fans. They promised that but as Masuda said in the direct, these games have been made for anyone. Older fans just don't exist in GF's mind, let's just accept that. The games show that we don't exist in GF's mind.

I hope that we'll get something before E3 or at least a teaser of things to come, and hopefully they will not given too much information out about the games either.

I don't understand. They really think a direct to DVD production can be released in theaters? Even just for a toy promotion?
I think they are cashing on the nostalgia factor. This will either help them or kill the movies outright judging by what happened to other franchises that try to do this.

It seems to be a double battle at least, and the trainer's design has changed. He is probably based on a more recent gaijin celebrity.

It would be nice if Pidgeotto participated this time.
I guess they turned the first part of the battle into a Double Battle since Squirtle and Bulbasaur were the ones that defeated Machamp and Donphan in the original version.

These games were not geared towards older fans. They promised that but as Masuda said in the direct, these games have been made for anyone. Older fans just don't exist in GF's mind, let's just accept that. The games show that we don't exist in GF's mind.
Um... "anyone" includes older fans, it just doesn't exclude newcomers. We should never expect a game that does.

Um... "anyone" includes older fans, it just doesn't exclude newcomers. We should never expect a game that does.
It's not me. They said they wanted older fans to look for these games, so we're allowed to expect something from these games as older fans. What I don't want to discover is that these games were addressed to older fans just for marketing.
Because apparently GF is afraid to admit that older fans exist. Let's go games were for everyone but they needed to underline that the older fans should have looked for the 2019 titles (knowing that we wouldn't have liked let's go games since the announcement).
It's not like they ever listen to older fans requests, so why bother addressing games to them? I'm 100% sure these games will be just an upgraded version of the previous ones and nothing that an older fan will appreciate more than a new one.
I just don't like that GF consider us just like games buyers and not like proper fans. It's been 23 years we have been waiting for an older fans game, I thought the passage to a home console would have been a good opportunity to do it but probably we're not gonna see it. Sad but true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom