• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People talking about a lab, what did I miss?
People are trying to figure out the professor's area of study based on the 'lab' which is literally just a shelf of books with plants nearby (and it may not even be the lab).

And if we're going by why a prominent educational institution references might be featured here over Unova is, that the Oxford and Cambridge are one of the most notable and prominent universities. Oxford's literally older than the Aztecs.
I'm not expecting a "THIS IS OXFORD" signboard, just majestic architecture reminiscent of such places.
Just wishful thinking on my part.

Last edited:
I, too, am very impatient to see what SwSh has to offer for E3.

It's a pity they are not showing anything earlier than that, though...

Last edited:
I was honestly just expecting the next info drop to be the reveal of the box legendaries, but if we're waiting till e3 I think it'll be a much bigger blowout. I'm guessing we'll get the box legends, early route gameplay that also reveals like 1-2 pokemon, and a big feature

I do kinda wish we'd get the legends revealed before e3 though. . ..

I was honestly just expecting the next info drop to be the reveal of the box legendaries, but if we're waiting till e3 I think it'll be a much bigger blowout. I'm guessing we'll get the box legends, early route gameplay that also reveals like 1-2 pokemon, and a big feature

I do kinda wish we'd get the legends revealed before e3 though. . ..
I still think we will. E3 runs the same time that CoroCoro typically gets leaked- I feel that odds are good that we'll definitely get something sometime before that and CoroCoro will get the leftovers and E3 will run a Treehouse demonstration of one of the early routes where we'll see our new regional pests for the first time, because that makes the most sense for an E3 info drop.

What if we have a Fire Type Squirrel Pokemon, where in the Pokedex it states that these Pokemon are native to Galar and were pnce widespread throughout the region. But after the introduction of Pachirisus from Sinnoh, the numbers of the Galar Pokemon have declined and have become rare.

This could tie into not only Gen 4 having a remake, but will also reflect the real life situation of the UK having Red Squirrels becoming rare because of the introduction of Greys.

Last edited:
If they are doing a big reveal i kinda wonder what they are going to do about the other months up till release.
Whatever we get at E3 I severely doubt it will be enough to leave them without anything to reveal for the 6 months following. They definitely know how to space things out. A “big” reveal could just be a handful of new Pokémon and characters instead of the usual 2 or 3.

I still think we will. E3 runs the same time that CoroCoro typically gets leaked- I feel that odds are good that we'll definitely get something sometime before that and CoroCoro will get the leftovers and E3 will run a Treehouse demonstration of one of the early routes where we'll see our new regional pests for the first time, because that makes the most sense for an E3 info drop.
They may also decide to split the news. E3 could cover some (major) aspects of the games and corocoro could just reveal some new pokemon like It used to. And if I'm not wrong the news were promised for the 21st of June, so, there's no way those news will leak 10 days before and spoil the e3 announcements.

Whatever we get at E3 I severely doubt it will be enough to leave them without anything to reveal for the 6 months following. They definitely know how to space things out. A “big” reveal could just be a handful of new Pokémon and characters instead of the usual 2 or 3.
well im not saying that there wouldn't be anything to show, but how they will or the spacing. s/m felt like every week or 2 there for a bit. i dont remember what the exact timing was but it felt congested though i didn't mind the info that was given. im a planner.

E3 really isn't that far away... 3 weeks? Considering we've had no news since the reveal, 3 weeks is nothing.

Yes, it really turned out to be a good idea to have indicated that Gen 8 was in development two years ago without any specifics, so that the actual coherent reveal this year allowed everything to reset! That is, the previous wait of almost two years doesn't feel like it is part of the current wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom