• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were trials really a gimmick though? We're talking about something that impacts the series as a whole, not just some for the sake of giving the region flare.
But they are gimmicks. They were, by definition, something GameFreak used to bring attention to Sun and Moon. Just because they aren't permanent doesn't make them not a gimmick, if anything it helps its case since SM and USM are the only games in the series to "not have gyms".

The only Bug type Pokes that I like are Scyther, Joltik/Galvantula and Spinarak/Ariados. A dex with fewer bug types is fine in my book xD

I hate most of that "leak." Too many mammals, not enough Bugs, and Sobble becoming a friggin' Dragon instead of something actually interesting :bulbaFacepalm:
Actually, Sobble maybe becoming a Dragon is kinda interesting. Since Dragon as not been in any starter trio to my knowledge excluding Mega Evolution(Charizard X and Sceptile). And Water/Dragon is still a exclusive typing to Kingdra and Palkia only, so having that typing come more readily available. Also if Scorbunny is Fire/Fairy like a lot of us(including you on Discord I believe) is predicting, Water/Dragon would not be far out of the ball park. Cause; if they all the starters are dual-types, their secondary type will be super effective against the starter they are weak against. Sinnoh is the prime example of this, Fighting(Infernape) which is super effective against Steel(Empoleon), which is super effective against Ground(Torterra) then back to super effective against Fighting.

But the Bug/Fighting-type grasshopper... That's something I'd really, genuinely want.

A Fighting type-Grasshopper you say?

"SEMURU SHOKKA!! Jigoku no gundan!!!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L79fE8AAEBI

We probably won't get anything until May and E3 according to what we got for Sun and Moon 3 years ago.

He has way too much free time.

I'm okay if there are Kanto references, but I really hope there isn't some obvious shrine to Kanto within the games. If Sobble's final evo is indeed Water/Dragon, then he's definitely getting moved up on my list of Pokemon I want on my team in the game.

I want a Dragon/Electric or Dragon/Steel regular (non-legendary/mythical) Pokémon.

Bonus points if they are the pseudo of the generation.

Last edited:
Called it (about them not having anything new)
but weird not even the logos are on the cover.
It could have something inside, not always the cover reveals what's inside. However I totally expect nothing but a recall of the direct at best.

I want the psuedo to not be Dragon-type this time around.

Would you note it?
I mean... if they bring a strong Pokemon with 2 evolutions but not a dragon, would someone say that's the pseudo or would we ask where it is?

I want the psuedo to not be Dragon-type this time around.
Can agree! I've been wanting this for the past two generations now. I think it's about time there's a change up in the typing of psuedos. While the Dragons are very cool, I'm ready to see a not dragon for once.

My idea for a psuedo is one that is Psychic/Dark type, but I like that idea.

There is a lot of lore around fairies in Europe, what if the final evo for the pseudo was either Fairy/Psychic or Fairy/Dark? I'm actually excited at the idea of this. But, a Psychic/Dark type would be cool, only Inkay/Malamar have that typing to my knowledge. I just hope evolving the mon doesn't require me to hold my Switch or television upside down at certain levels.

True, but the only Gen without a pseudolegendary dragon was 2 as in 3 we did get Metagross, but also Salamence.

I do hope to get one that’s not dragon, but I wouldn’t bet on it. :p

Well, I'm okay if they have two pseudos in this coming generation as long as one of the two is not a dragon. It's Great Britain, so obviously there will be a lot of dragon references in the game in some manner. But please not the poking psuedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom