• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Sobble maybe becoming a Dragon is kinda interesting. Since Dragon as not been in any starter trio to my knowledge excluding Mega Evolution(Charizard X and Sceptile). And Water/Dragon is still a exclusive typing to Kingdra and Palkia only, so having that typing come more readily available. Also if Scorbunny is Fire/Fairy like a lot of us(including you on Discord I believe) is predicting, Water/Dragon would not be far out of the ball park. Cause; if they all the starters are dual-types, their secondary type will be super effective against the starter they are weak against. Sinnoh is the prime example of this, Fighting(Infernape) which is super effective against Steel(Empoleon), which is super effective against Ground(Torterra) then back to super effective against Fighting.

A Fighting type-Grasshopper you say?
View attachment 116682
"SEMURU SHOKKA!! Jigoku no gundan!!!"
Uh steel isn't super effective against ground and ground isn't super effective against fighting. Ground is good against infernape's fire typing and steel is just not doing anything.

By your words, Tyranitar and Metagross are not psuedos because they're not Dragons.

I really forgot about tyranitar.
And i must revisit hoenn, metagross I forgot even more than tyranitar. I must admit that the 3rd generation is the generation I recall lass, even it being one of I most played in gba era.

Uh steel isn't super effective against ground and ground isn't super effective against fighting. Ground is good against infernape's fire typing and steel is just not doing anything.

Steel is usually weak to ground actually.. Empoleon is weak to fighting, ground, and electric, and grass type moves only cause normal damage to it.

I specifically want a Dragon/Electric pseudo legendary. Once we get that, I can agree to have non-Dragon pseudo legendary Pokémon for some time.

I love Metagross (duh) and I like Tyranitar, so I think non-Dragon pseudo legendaries have a lot of potential too. Even though Dragon type pseudos are the best!

Last edited:
My bad, small mistake. But my point still stands that the secondary type of the starters will help against their weaknesses secondary typing.

Indeed. Empoleon can hit Torterra with a STAB attack that is neutral because Torterra gained the Ground typing which made Empoleon’s water attacks neutral towards the former. In exchange, Torterra retains a STAB attack super effective towards Empoleon because Grass becomes neutral with a Water/Steel typing...but Ground is super effective towards Steel.

Internape is the only one that has access to STAB moves super effective towards both (Fire for Torterra, and Fighting for Empoleon).

My bad, small mistake. But my point still stands that the secondary type of the starters will help against their weaknesses secondary typing.

I don’t think a perfect triangle, in the opposite direction of the grass/water-fire, is possible, though.

Not that it matters, since both Gen 4 and 7 lead to some starters being in a better position overall from the others.

Does anyone know what the next trailer of Pokémon game and how many Pokémon will their be and so far who being popular Pokémon stater when it chosen Ash will be catching that stater first just like how he chosen Ash Rowlet, he wanted orginal Squirtle for most popular

Does anyone know what the next trailer of Pokémon game and how many Pokémon will their be and so far who being popular Pokémon stater when it chosen Ash will be catching that stater first just like how he chosen Ash Rowlet, he wanted orginal Squirtle for most popular
No, no, and basically no but bets are on Scorbunny.

Oh.. I wonder how many new Pokémon does this game has I was curious how many gyms are they and are they really different like herd gym masters

Oh.. I wonder how many new Pokémon does this game has I was curious how many gyms are they and are they really different like herd gym masters
We really have no more information than the first trailer at this point. =/ And some deleted tweet about the gyms being bigger and having Gym Masters in them.

They could have ash getting sobble and explore the shy (and development) theme

I think the secondary-type triangle is so difficult to balance and would result in so limited type combinations that Game Freak realizes this and doesn't honestly bother that much with it.

Ah almost perfect one is Psychic-Fightning-Dark (almost because Dark is completely immune to psychic, compared to how the starters’ triangle is only about half-effectiveness), and it could’ve worked well in Gen 6 is they didn’t place it on the same positioning of the starters’s one. It’d have been more interesting in the opposite direction.

Actually, Sobble maybe becoming a Dragon is kinda interesting. Since Dragon as not been in any starter trio to my knowledge excluding Mega Evolution(Charizard X and Sceptile). And Water/Dragon is still a exclusive typing to Kingdra and Palkia only, so having that typing come more readily available. Also if Scorbunny is Fire/Fairy like a lot of us(including you on Discord I believe) is predicting, Water/Dragon would not be far out of the ball park. Cause; if they all the starters are dual-types, their secondary type will be super effective against the starter they are weak against. Sinnoh is the prime example of this, Fighting(Infernape) which is super effective against Steel(Empoleon), which is super effective against Ground(Torterra) then back to super effective against Fighting.

A Fighting type-Grasshopper you say?
View attachment 116682
"SEMURU SHOKKA!! Jigoku no gundan!!!"
Lmao but steel isn't super effective to ground, and empoleon is weak to both ground and fighting so...

Actually, I think not only Rock-Paper-Scissors relationship between starters' types is important, but also the fact that all three of them resist themselves (Water against Water, etc).

Ah almost perfect one is Psychic-Fightning-Dark (almost because Dark is completely immune to psychic, compared to how the starters’ triangle is only about half-effectiveness), and it could’ve worked well in Gen 6 is they didn’t place it on the same positioning of the starters’s one. It’d have been more interesting in the opposite direction.
Again fire and fighting type so boring why not be electric type for bunny fire Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom