• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's the link to the thread, so you don't have to wait through 13 minutes.

I sincerely doubt this is true. This guy's got the entire schedule plan leaked for SwSh trailers, but doesn't know a single name of the Pokemon? Pokemon has a set release date now, but didn't two weeks ago?

So many different "leaks/rumors", and a lot of them conflict with each other, while making agreements on other stuff. What to believe here now. I say, none of them. That said, here's another for you guys and gals to enjoy

1. Person that made the report (not guy in the video itself), tells this information came from a trusted source that apparently works with the Pokémon Company.
  2. No E3 Demon has been leaked, and claims the video of the dragon/bug thing is fake.
  3. Graphics are going to be upgraded from debut trailer, but not by much.
  4. Region is very large, larger than what the art suggests, like the size of two regions.
  5. Kalos is said be pretty close to Galar and mentions are made in the game.
  6. Kalos WILL not be in the game however as a post-game region to explore.
  7. The three Starter Evolution chains will not be shown before E3, but sometime late after.
  8. Final Types for the Starter Evolutions are said to be Fire/Electric, Water/Poison and Grass/Ground.
  9. Scorbunny's Final Evo is described as a Glass Cannon type of mon. Speedy, powerful but super frail.
  10. Sobble's Final Evo resembles a frailer version of Swampert design wise. Actual role unknown.
  11. Grookey's Final Evo becomes bulkier and has stats tailored for attack and physical defense, similar to Torterra
  12. Pokémon exclusive to the Alola region aren't found in Galar. (This is disproven in the trailer, so it may refer to Alola regional formes.)
  13. Meltan plays a critical role while Melmetal is unconfirmed. Meltan has a new unseen form.
  14. Armored Evolution is claimed to be true, but goes by a different name, and is Galar's version of Mega Evolution.
  15. Mega Evolution returns, but no new Megas are introduced. May likely only limited to be obtained in Post Game.
  16. Regional Forms for Galar don't exist.
  17. Regional Dex for new mons is stated to be around 111 Pokémon. Armored Evolutions may be counted as part of new dex or not. Unclear.
  18. The Legendaries are said to be the Wolves shown in the game's Sword and Shield logos. Focuses on Attack and Defense.
  19. Sword Legendary is Steel/Ice (Attack oriented), and Shield Legendary is Steel/Dragon (Defense oriented)
  20. Third Legendary is pure mono Steel type and specializes in both Attack and Defense, being the most well-balanced.
  21. There are two Pesudo Legendary lines in the games; one for Sword version (Attack) and one for Shield version (Defense).
  22. The term "Gym Masters" is nothing but a renaming for Gym Leaders, and because Gyms are slightly different than before.
  23. You can not battle the gyms in any order.
  24. Evil Teams are dynamic and there are two of them. They are similar to Aqua and Magma, opposing one another with different ideals and goals.
  25. The overal story of the games is said to be very great and amazing, possibly the greatest of all Pokémon games.

Ultimately, I believe none of these reports, for it doesn't matter to me, and because most of them like to repeat or conflict with other "leaks/rumors", and/or are too detailed to be true. As such, I treat all "leaks/rumors" as BS and as something to amuse myself with fan speculation till official information gets dropped until the eventual release of the games.

View attachment 116817View attachment 116818

This is. . .interesting. I wonder if it'll mean anything in context to the games or if gamefreak thought it would just look cool to plaster norse symbols in places. Maybe it could be forshadowing a legendary? It looks like it's relevant to the gym but I don't see what Odin's spear would have to do with grass types

I always kind of supported the idea that the region has norse influences to it, just like Kalos had. Seeing that symbol of Odin pretty much just solidified that idea more.

Last edited:
Again? And by the way, about sun and moon, that was a problem of the 3ds not being able to play the games in hd. If you play them on citra you will notice that those games are not as pixelated as you may think.
I'm not satisfied by the graphics. It's my opinion and I'm not gonna change it because it's what I think. Accept it.

Who says nobody here hasn't accepted it? This is a public forum, and it is called a discussion. You made a post, and I responded, that is literally what these forums are for.

If you're not satisfied by HD graphics, then that is fine. However, facts are still facts, and SS definitely have better graphics than SM ever did, not to mention much more detail than ever before.

Anybody else feel like the rumors this time around aren't that great? Maybe its nostalgia and me getting cynical of gamefreak as a game developer but almost all of these rumors sound like wishlist's. Like if there was a rumor that said "only 60 new pokes, galar is big but in terms of exploration its a small downgrade from something like sinnoh, Legends are both wolves, there is going to be a new mechanic like megas and z moves that will be the flavor of the gen but mostly focus on gen 1 pokemon.

If you are gonna lie then at least make it believable to the current standers.

When do you think we'll get Sword/Shield news? I know the reveal trailer was 2 weeks ago, but because of the now-deleted "Gym Masters" tweet, I can't help but wonder.

Is the mountainous range based on a real one? Is there a mountainous range in the middle of the UK?
Nothing like that. A British YouTuber even made fun of it.

Anybody else feel like the rumors this time around aren't that great? Maybe its nostalgia and me getting cynical of gamefreak as a game developer but almost all of these rumors sound like wishlist's. Like if there was a rumor that said "only 60 new pokes, galar is big but in terms of exploration its a small downgrade from something like sinnoh, Legends are both wolves, there is going to be a new mechanic like megas and z moves that will be the flavor of the gen but mostly focus on gen 1 pokemon.

If you are gonna lie then at least make it believable to the current standers.
The problem for me is that not only can I tell that these rumors are wishlists (I guess except for the original Armored Evolutions one, but the mascots are very suspicious), they wouldn't impress me even if they were real leaks. They give Game Freak a little too much credit, but then it isn't even anything that great; I got tired of hearing about the Battle Frontier and Kalos in early 2015. I hate to be pessimistic, but other than just a decent story and maybe a dozen of evolution lines I'll like, I don't know what to hope for. The gimmick could be nice if it requires actual strategy rather than a flashy power-up, but either way, it will still just be a gimmick.

When do you think we'll get Sword/Shield news? I know the reveal trailer was 2 weeks ago, but because of the now-deleted "Gym Masters" tweet, I can't help but wonder.
End of the month at the earliest. That tweet was actually quite generic except for giving away an updated term, which could mean quite little.

If Armored Mewtwo is in the games, then that should be confirmed around the next movie trailer in less than a month.

Last edited:
Who says nobody here hasn't accepted it? This is a public forum, and it is called a discussion. You made a post, and I responded, that is literally what these forums are for.

If you're not satisfied by HD graphics, then that is fine. However, facts are still facts, and SS definitely have better graphics than SM ever did, not to mention much more detail than ever before.
Of course they have. But we are talking about a full power, full hd console. There's less improvement here than when we moved from b/w to x/y. I expected more from the first console games of the biggest franchise of all time. To me these games look just a bit better than s/m, that's just the least improvement someone could expect for a console game. I expected more than the least. Is that a crime or since it's pokemon I'm not allowed to have expectations higher than 10%?
Again, it's my opinion, it's how I feel. If you are satisfied by the graphics, enjoy them.

Of course they have. But we are talking about a full power, full hd console. There's less improvement here than when we moved from b/w to x/y. I expected more from the first console games of the biggest franchise of all time. To me these games look just a bit better than s/m, that's just the least improvement someone could expect for a console game. I expected more than the least. Is that a crime or since it's pokemon I'm not allowed to have expectations higher than 10%?
Again, it's my opinion, it's how I feel. If you are satisfied by the graphics, enjoy them.

it's worth keeping in mind that despite the pokemon IP being as big as it is, gamefreak doesn't actually have as much resources as a lot of people think. The money is split between GF, TPC, and Nintendo if I'm not mistaken.

an AAA looking Pokemon game would more likely be outsourced to a bigger dev by TPC

It doesn't have noticeably great Switch graphics, but it's probably the highest resolution Pokemon game ever. If you were ever satisfied with the graphics of any Pokemon game ever, you should be now as well.

it's worth keeping in mind that despite the pokemon IP being as big as it is, gamefreak doesn't actually have as much resources as a lot of people think. The money is split between GF, TPC, and Nintendo if I'm not mistaken.

an AAA looking Pokemon game would more likely be outsourced to a bigger dev by TPC

Gamefreak has more than enough money and influence to get outside people / nintendo companies involved like Zelda getting Monolith to help them with the last few zelda games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom