• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve got no way of knowing that unless you’ve played the games already.

And it’s a pretty subjective list since “connections to a region” is a subjective thing in itself and prone to confirmation bias.
This is all just guess work, it's nothing solid just yet.

And it’s a pretty subjective list since “connections to a region” is a subjective thing in itself and prone to confirmation bias.
Yeah. We don't know what regions will connect to Galar because the games aren't out and we know very little about them.

I wouldn't mind Galar having a connection to Kalos via lore. But only in lore cause I like the idea of connecting the pokemon world together to feel more together as one world

I wouldn't mind Galar having a connection to Kalos via lore. But only in lore cause I like the idea of connecting the pokemon world together to feel more together as one world
I don’t like connections because where were most of Johto Pokémon in Kanto region they should have cross path with them easily and Pro oak said their about 149 Pokémon I think in the series

I don’t like connections because where were most of Johto Pokémon in Kanto region they should have cross path with them easily and Pro oak said their about 149 Pokémon I think in the series
Well, it's considerably harder to make a connection to a game in the future that doesn't exist yet than it is to reference a past game....

He never said that... It was someone (a random NPC) in the games that said there are more than 100 Pokémon (obviously updated with each gen).

Speculating in a speculation thread, whatever next???

I didn't consider the matter that Pokemon is tied to it's merchandise and other auxiliary productions so heavily. Indeed, unforseen circumstances have screwed us over in the past. Even from the very first set of new pokemon. The anime itself was made to bridge the way to gen 2, but it ended up with massive delays and it suffered controversy that caused it to be on hiatus for a year, and even then, it needed to drag itself out to last to the next gen. They simply didn't know how to make gen 2 last long enough, and had to make it be filler heaven to compensate. Gen 3 had to have another story arc added onto it due to the gen 4 delays. Gen 4 spent a year between the 7th and 8th gyms. Gen 5 seems to be only time they actually had to cut out some things to make it end sooner. Yes, I know all of this is only the anime, but it's the only thing I know to be able to give an example for this. The special manga ignores the schedule and continues to run regardless of if the gen ends. (as far as my understanding goes)

I don't like that Pokemon is so heavily tied to this, but it is what it is. Even if it wasn't, it would need a promotional gimmick somehow. This is just how business works. It wouldn't be nearly as loved or popular if they didn't. Pokemon games are fairly decent for the time they need to be made in. At least they function. You want to go back to the days when anything could cause a file corruption? Even if you like glitches, I don't think you want to risk your game not functioning at all.

Improvements will always be subjective. There is nothing that will be enjoyed by everyone. For the same token, though, one can't solidly say what makes people like Pokemon. I will also note that the reason why there are so many different answers to that is that Pokemon already appeals to so many things at once. For this reason, I think to remove any part of it would be a mistake, or an intense focus on one aspect over the others. We can all have what we want in some way. It may not be totally what we want, but some version of it.

Speculating in a speculation thread, whatever next???
Thank you for reminding me about the word 'speculations'.

Forgive me for my bias for a Gen 4 remake, I just have a hunch for it being due for the Switch in the near future. So perhaps we might expect something in Gen 8 once the games do come out in October/November.

Nothing wrong with wanting a Gen 4 remake. I loved the Gen 3 remakes a ton and they helped me love Hoenn. Gen 4 was the only generation so far I actively skipped entirely when it came out and I would LOVE to have a remake that lets me really sink my teeth into the world in a whole new light. I want remade Sinnoh so bad. Especially because the excavation minigame in the underground is freaking fun and every time I try to play the game I end up spending all my time digging junk out of the walls.

I have wanted another game to use that feature so badly. Let me mine shiny rocks and things in that sparkly rock cave from the trailer. I need it. I NEED IT.

"Pokemon sword and shield are coming to switch this year and I know some info about them but i can not disclose how I know.
Seassons are coming back expect the seasson change is only noticeable in the bottom of the map.
This next thing sounds odd but galar towns and environments will change some throughout the course of your adventure.
There won't only be lower level wild pokemon in starting areas there will be a new type of optional boss battles where these pokemon roam around in the area and are really high levels with unique stats that the pokemon normally dose not have you can not catch these pokemon.
Mirage spots return with a new feature that lets you visit some of those memorable areas of other regions to catch pokemon there and legendaieres but there won't only be regions we know about these mirage spots can take you to a few different time periods in galar and a few small areas of regions we have here seen.
The last thing I will talks about is something game freak has never done. There will be a update for town later this year adding in the kanto starters has bosses to beat. The next update is a collaboration between game freak and level 5. You can get a pikachu as a useable yo kai in yo kai watch 4 and a ash costume(I'm not sure if pikachu will get a toy arc for the watch or a shadowside form in game). Next jibynan will be a useable pokemon in sword and shield through mystery gift (I'm not sure what its moveset will be) and also a costume of nate. Those updates will be coming late this year or early next year.
That's all I have for today bye! "

I don't really see the problem with goofy designs.
There's nothing wrong with goofy designs, it's just that there was an abundance of them. Silly hair on Dugtrio, silly hair on the Geodude line, fat head on Persian, big goofy teeth on Grimer- out of the Alolan forms, a good portion of them were just goofy-looking. Goofy isn't necessarily bad, and I admit that I absolutely adore Alolan Exeggutor, but we'd just rather it not dominate the concept.

I was interested... and then they mentioned my least favorite Yokai from Yokai watch. And Yokai watch in general. They might share a monster raising Genre but... they're still apples and oranges. I mean, at least Pokemon makes their pika-clones DIFFERENT. Yokai Watch just paints Jibanyan a different color or slaps some clothes on it.

I want Yokai Watch in my pokemon like I want soup with my cereal. I like both separately but putting them together is bad. Please no thank.

"Pokemon sword and shield are coming to switch this year and I know some info about them but i can not disclose how I know.
Seassons are coming back expect the seasson change is only noticeable in the bottom of the map.
This next thing sounds odd but galar towns and environments will change some throughout the course of your adventure.
There won't only be lower level wild pokemon in starting areas there will be a new type of optional boss battles where these pokemon roam around in the area and are really high levels with unique stats that the pokemon normally dose not have you can not catch these pokemon.
Mirage spots return with a new feature that lets you visit some of those memorable areas of other regions to catch pokemon there and legendaieres but there won't only be regions we know about these mirage spots can take you to a few different time periods in galar and a few small areas of regions we have here seen.
The last thing I will talks about is something game freak has never done. There will be a update for town later this year adding in the kanto starters has bosses to beat. The next update is a collaboration between game freak and level 5. You can get a pikachu as a useable yo kai in yo kai watch 4 and a ash costume(I'm not sure if pikachu will get a toy arc for the watch or a shadowside form in game). Next jibynan will be a useable pokemon in sword and shield through mystery gift (I'm not sure what its moveset will be) and also a costume of nate. Those updates will be coming late this year or early next year.
The whole Yokai Watch part of this is laughable and 100% not happening. XD

What a believeable leak ! I TRUST YOU 100000% !!!

Like I said before, Pokémon is not a cameo-happy franchise. Aside from the few Mario references in the game, that one Kirby reference in DPPt and the reference to HarmoKnight in XY there are almost no references to things that don't have to do with the franchise itself. Hell, the cameos they made in other series are even pretty rare.

Oh wow, that leak sounded absolutely pretty cool, and then Yokai Watch happened. I mean, nothing against Yokai Watch as a series, but I don't think they are going to make a creature from Yokai Watch, a Pokemon. I can see them doing the costume thing, but I don't see them actually lending one of their creatures over to make a Pokemon. As @prog rocker mentioned, Pokemon very rarely has cameos to other franchises, and when they do, it's very subtle.

I liked some of the earlier ideas in the leak, though I can't see many of them happening. I do like the idea of Mirage Spots taking you to small areas of other regions where you can catch the Pokemon there. It would be a cool way to include other regions, without actually really visiting them.

There's nothing wrong with goofy designs, it's just that there was an abundance of them. Silly hair on Dugtrio, silly hair on the Geodude line, fat head on Persian, big goofy teeth on Grimer- out of the Alolan forms, a good portion of them were just goofy-looking. Goofy isn't necessarily bad, and I admit that I absolutely adore Alolan Exeggutor, but we'd just rather it not dominate the concept.

I pretty much think the appearance of the final evolution is the only thing that matters. It's what makes or breaks a Pokemon for me. All else is irrelevant.

Given that Alolan Muk looks considerably cooler and scarier looking than regular Muk, plus is stronger, I'd say it's a no brainer than Alolan Muk is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom