• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Info for SwSh could be coming out tomorrow according to what this user has figured.
Soooo since a good majority of us don't want to give Verl any views- summary for how he determined that we're getting SwSh info tomorrow? I believe that we already knew that we're getting Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution info at some point tomorrow due to time zones, but that's it. Movie info. Not Sword and Shield info, unless you count any Armored Mewtwo confirmation as being related somehow.

...which I would maybe count that, I guess. So have a cookie, Verl, you figured out the obvious. I baked it just for you so it's full of expired ingredients. Enjoy.

Soooo since a good majority of us don't want to give Verl any views- summary for how he determined that we're getting SwSh info tomorrow? I believe that we already knew that we're getting Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution info at some point tomorrow due to time zones, but that's it. Movie info. Not Sword and Shield info, unless you count any Armored Mewtwo confirmation as being related somehow.

...which I would maybe count that, I guess. So have a cookie, Verl, you figured out the obvious. I baked it just for you so it's full of expired ingredients. Enjoy.

If that's what you would do to Verlis, I wonder what you would do to the most hatest people in the fandom...

Except we know they didn't alter the script at all-there's no writers credited beyond the original writer. We can also see parts of Mewtwo's armor, which look close to the original.
Though, even if its armor was changed, it wouldn't be a very good reveal for "spirit armor", since it would still maintain its role as what Team Rocket made for Mewtwo, and not something new.
Yeah. I don't think that they would make Armored Mewtwo a form of spirit armor unless TR created spirit armor, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.

Yeah. I don't think that they would make Armored Mewtwo a form of spirit armor unless TR created spirit armor, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.
It also really screws up that part of the plot if they make that armor into something desired rather than discardable.

It also really screws up that part of the plot if they make that armor into something desired rather than discardable.
You're right on that one. As I mentioned earlier, TR created Mewtwo's armor to control it and make it less powerful. The whole movie's plot would be messed up if they made the armor something to be desired rather than something that is discardable. And, they won't be making any changes to the plot because Takeshi Shudo is credited as the sole writer for the movie.

You're right on that one. As I mentioned earlier, TR created Mewtwo's armor to control it and make it less powerful. The whole movie's plot would be messed up if they made the armor something to be desired rather than something that is discardable. And, they won't be making any changes to the plot because Takeshi Shudo is credited as the sole writer for the movie.
Plus the scene where Mewtwo sheds its armor is a strong scene essentially showing Mewtwo breaking free of its shackles and ridding itself of human influence. It's the part of the movie that really shows that Mewtwo has turned its back on mankind. I think it's one of the more important scenes for the film- you can't really rewrite that and have Mewtwo go "Screw you, Team Rocket, but I'm keeping this armor you made for me. Humans suck, but love the bling. 8P"

So if we are gonna get a ND on the 11th then that would mean it would have to be announced tonight or early early tomorrow right?

Um... I respect your opinion to dislike Verlisify, but I feel that feeding him expired ingredients is a bit too much. Sure, the guy may have a big ego for no reason, but he's not that bad compared to some of the other ones (one of whom is the subject of recent drama).

Regardless, I agree that he's jumping the gun on this (being too reliant on the armor leaks here).

Um... I respect your opinion to dislike Verlisify, but I feel that feeding him expired ingredients is a bit too much. Sure, the guy may have a big ego for no reason, but he's not that bad compared to some of the other ones (one of whom is the subject of recent drama).

Regardless, I agree that he's jumping the gun on this (being too reliant on the armor leaks here).
Which armor leak? Knightwolf's?

So if we are gonna get a ND on the 11th then that would mean it would have to be announced tonight or early early tomorrow right?
I am not necessarily sure if it's on the 11th, but there will likely be some sort of Nintendo Direct coming soon. This week is just a really good week to have it, and looks pretty likely seeing as the deletion of the Nintendo Direct from February on the Nintendo Direct playlist, and the fact that this would be a good way to have Reggie leave on a high note (since it is his last week). I was still a little unsure of any sort of Nintendo news being soon, but a TV ad has leaked what is likely Smash version 3.0, showing off an icon that looks like a stage, and text that says "Stage Builder".

Just because he hasn’t done anything recently and just because there are those who have done subjectively worse things than him doesn’t make him “not that bad”. He’s awful. There are hours of videos by countless people describing his bullying and toxic behavior. Someone making a joke about feeding him a stale cookie is not that deep that he needs to be defended.

Anyways, I’m thinking that we’ll be getting news soon. I wouldn’t hold my breath for it to be as soon as tomorrow, but possibly by the end of this week/early next would be my guess.

Just because he hasn’t done anything recently and just because there are those who have done subjectively worse things than him doesn’t make him “not that bad”. He’s awful. There are hours of videos by countless people describing his bullying and toxic behavior. Someone making a joke about feeding him a stale cookie is not that deep that he needs to be defended.

Anyways, I’m thinking that we’ll be getting news soon. I wouldn’t hold my breath for it to be as soon as tomorrow, but possibly by the end of this week/early next would be my guess.
Exactly what I wanted to say but you beat me to it. XD

I don't think that we will get exact Sword and Shield news tomorrow but we are getting movie news that might confirm some things, so fingers crossed on that. Really hoping to finally put the armor rumors to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom