• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I wanted to say but you beat me to it. XD

I don't think that we will get exact Sword and Shield news tomorrow but we are getting movie news that might confirm some things, so fingers crossed on that. Really hoping to finally put the armor rumors to bed.
It might probably be something else completely, although that would probably be not revealed until later on this year, just like the Z-Moves

Alright Joe, we believe you (sarcasm). I don't take his word for stuff anymore
Why...? When has he ever lied about this sort of thing?

Also I don't know what part you're not believing- the fact that that's this month's CoroCoro or the fact that the blacked out part might contain something non-Pokemon.

Why...? When has he ever lied about this sort of thing?

Also I don't know what part you're not believing- the fact that that's this month's CoroCoro or the fact that the blacked out part might contain something non-Pokemon.
Something about him rubs me the wrong way. Like I get know it all vibes from him. I mean I get it's alright be skeptical, it's the most logical, but I don't know why I feel he acts like he already knows what's true or false.

I would love it if we saw some Sword and Shield news in this rumored Nintendo Direct, but I'm not going to expect it, as I don't want to get my hopes up. They have revealed Pokemon news with Nintendo Directs (or Nintendo news) before, but they haven't done it too many times. So I'll watch the Nintendo Direct as I normally would, and if I see Pokemon news, then awesome! New things about the game, more things to analyze, more beautiful region to look at! And if I don't, okay, this is a Nintendo Direct, and information has only been revealed in Nintendo News a handful of times.

I'm so sad if there's no new eeveelutions introduced in this gen..

Seriously, this is an even numbered generation and everybody knows that eeveelution is one of biggest main selling point in Pokemon franchise. Can they (Pokemon Company, Gamefreak) be aware of their franchise advantages ?? Smh...
Please be honest, one of our main hypes for this game is new eeveelutions.

Let's pray for a while... Let's find a hope for new eeveelutions existence in Pokemon SwSh.

So what's their excuse for the number of designs continuing to drop?

Because they’re probably creating so many that people cannot remember?
The older Pokémon refreshed are quite recognisable, and keep the overall amount of designs the same.

For Alolan forms being few and from one generation?
Kanto Nostalgia. And Alolan forms are a recent phenomenon, for only one generation so it’s actually a whole new idea in itself. Quite opposite to "GameFreak running out of ideas"

But every Gen has increased the number of "special" Pokemon, but what's so special about them when they are so numerous?
They’re still special in their own way.
And you seem to be discarding the fact that special Pokémon are also ideas. GameFreak are not 'running out of ideas'. They’re running out of ideas which personally cater to you.
Nihilego is a unique example of a glass Pokemon getting a rock type, and origami Pokémon, a folk tale Pokémon, a black hole dragon Pokémon, and you discarded all these ideas just because they end up on Pokémon with significance.

Last edited:
So what's their excuse for the number of designs continuing to drop?

For Alolan forms being few and from one generation?

For Ultra Beasts/Legends taking up like 25% of the Pokedex? And, if you followed my formula, adding the starters/birdbugrodentdragon you are at nearly 55% of the whole dex.

Gen 6 was an anomaly.

But every Gen has increased the number of "special" Pokemon, but what's so special about them when they are so numerous?

You three are mindless bots jumping to conclusions. I assume you've immediately gone on defense to defend later generation designs, when that is not what I even posted in the first place. Your bias is showing. Read before you post.

What I said was that the number of designs continues to fall, the number of legendaries continue to rise and aside from the staple starters, rodent, bird, bug and pseudo, the families that flesh out the Dex and make the world alive also continue to drop which makes the worlds less and less believable/thorough. Put it all together and yeah, on the evidence, GF is running out of ideas.
They are not running out of ideas, they are trying other things like new forms for old Pokémon which contribute to the over all number of new designs introduced each generation. We have never had fewer than 100 new pokemon designs in any generation. Just because ideas are being redirected to livening up old Pokémon rather than creating new ones does not indicate a lack of them. Not sure where you get that the number of new designs "continues to fall" either when the number has always fluctuated between 100 and 150+ and there is really no sign of a decline there.

I admit that Alola had too many legendaries and sub-legendaries, but I would argue that that was a case of too many ideas for those particular things than there being a lack of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom