• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, I honestly like that Grookey one-the idea of a magic dandelion staff is pretty fun to me. But that Scorbunny one just looks like someone shoved it into a suit of armor, and the Sobble one feels like it went entirely away from Sobble's origin.

In addition to the artstyle being off, we can compare this to the SuMo starter leak and find even more discrepencies.

• We can see here that Game Freak just uses space wherever they can, not designating certain parts of the sheet for a specific purpose. So why would they box in the mini comics?
  • Facial expressions are only included when they need to show something specific about a Pokemon, like how Incineroar's eyebrows would move. They don't show "happy, sad, angry" like the tweet's do. (That Grookey one would be such a waste of space-three expressions where the only difference is the shape of the eyelids? That's hardly worth putting in concept art)
  • The handwriting/font is the same throughout the whole picture, while in this fake, it alternates between two. (The emotions on the Grookey evo is the most glaring example)
  • I don't know why this is, but the SuMo starters all had colored text in their concept art. (Maybe defining the color scheme?) This image has none.

Aww, I honestly like that Grookey one-the idea of a magic dandelion staff is pretty fun to me. But that Scorbunny one just looks like someone shoved it into a suit of armor, and the Sobble one feels like it went entirely away from Sobble's origin.

In addition to the artstyle being off, we can compare this to the SuMo starter leak and find even more discrepencies.

• We can see here that Game Freak just uses space wherever they can, not designating certain parts of the sheet for a specific purpose. So why would they box in the mini comics?
  • Facial expressions are only included when they need to show something specific about a Pokemon, like how Incineroar's eyebrows would move. They don't show "happy, sad, angry" like the tweet's do. (That Grookey one would be such a waste of space-three expressions where the only difference is the shape of the eyelids? That's hardly worth putting in concept art)
  • The handwriting/font is the same throughout the whole picture, while in this fake, it alternates between two. (The emotions on the Grookey evo is the most glaring example)
  • I don't know why this is, but the SuMo starters all had colored text in their concept art. (Maybe defining the color scheme?) This image has none.
They also lazily ripped the head from one of the fullbodies for each and made very minor edits to them. Pretty sure that the expression images don't get ripped from a fullbody on the actual professional sheets.

And there's no back image for any of them- they've got no more than two images to show off the design and three ripped heads each with a mini comic or small details--- what is with the broken up portions on the bunny's sword and sobble evo's wing? That's so weird. o.0

I also gotta pick on the monkey's nose facing the wrong way.

Something I'm trying to remember but wasn't the Scorbunny evolution already proven fake. I remember it was already shown here once and the artist had been found.

So, after some time thinking about the spirit armor thing, the more I think it can actually work. Now hear me out. I don't think it's going to be a super flashy thing as people are thinking. In reality after looking over the stuff, it sounds like a basic equipment system you find in all kinds of RPGs. The fire necklace part made me think of that. I was also questioning how that would work that would mean that GF would have to do a lot of program the equipment, but then I realized they don't have to. Like most RPGs your equipment and accessories doesn't always show up on the character, it just effects their stats and such. If there were to be a visual change with this armor, it'd more than likely be on some special pokemon, the starters, Mewtwo, and the legends. So going about it like this, this would mean spirit might be a big feature, but it might not be the main feature. Think about it like how weather and abilities were introduced in RSE, but the biggest draw was the introduction to double battles. Spirit armor would be a big feature yes, but the biggest draw would be a new battle style that the gyms will have.

XD I'd feel like a jerk picking on the retired champion. You just beat them and they've gone into hiding so you go seek them out so you can beat the shit out of them again? What a bully.
Wasnt that almost the same thing for steven although he did retired so was alder although you are a different npc in b2w2

So, after some time thinking about the spirit armor thing, the more I think it can actually work. Now hear me out. I don't think it's going to be a super flashy thing as people are thinking. In reality after looking over the stuff, it sounds like a basic equipment system you find in all kinds of RPGs. The fire necklace part made me think of that. I was also questioning how that would work that would mean that GF would have to do a lot of program the equipment, but then I realized they don't have to. Like most RPGs your equipment and accessories doesn't always show up on the character, it just effects their stats and such. If there were to be a visual change with this armor, it'd more than likely be on some special pokemon, the starters, Mewtwo, and the legends. So going about it like this, this would mean spirit might be a big feature, but it might not be the main feature. Think about it like how weather and abilities were introduced in RSE, but the biggest draw was the introduction to double battles. Spirit armor would be a big feature yes, but the biggest draw would be a new battle style that the gyms will have.

I thought that the item system introduced in Gen II is the basic equipment system you find in RPGs

At this rate I’m finding an increasing correlation between Ruffled Rowlet videos and missing summaries...
Here you go then:

Hand-drawn:
  • new bird
  • new grass pig
  • new worm-like thing, partially underneath the ground.
  • new normal type rodent
  • A gargoyle with 3 stages; the last one has strange prisms as wings. Pseudo-legendary.
  • crude drawings of the second starter stages.
  • madame-like ghost, as well as a black knight ghost with three swirling blades floating around him; both look quite well-designed.
  • The two legendaries (the rumoured unicorn and snake), but drawn in such a way that they're feasible to pass as mascots.
Other stuff:
  • Armored evolution is a thing (Armored forms, he drew armored Pikachu and Mewtwo on paper).
  • The Galarian league was made to ensure peace between two rivalling factions.
  • only 75 new mons.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSf4cxsKFU

Interesting rumour; someone really went all out trying to write down some 'mons and other information. The drawn 'mons look like they could be real; especially the legendaries. It's possibly a fake, as it's truly quite a load of information, though.

This better be a joke.

I am watching that video and its not even remotely convincing.

I thought that the item system introduced in Gen II is the basic equipment system you find in RPGs
Kinda sorta? They're more accessories if anything. According to that rumor pokemon can still have held items while in armor, and even they can be intergrated into said armor. Like enchantments. Actually I remembered that wrong. He actually said held items can become armor or serve as it. Like Never melt Ice can become armor and give a chance for freezing when using attacks. So in a way Spirit armor does act as secondary held items it seems.

Last edited:
Found the archive link for this 'leak'

They are a Snake with a Wolf armor Fire/Steel (SWORD) and a metallic Unicorn with a wolf armor of majestic blue roots (SHIELD) Fairy/Steel.
Sounds like someone's attempt to fit in the OG armour leak with the Wolf legends. Snake with Wolf armour is a rather odd choice...

These are the middle evolutions according to it:

The Scorbunny one looks like a Sonic the hedgehog copy. And removing the signature two rabbit ears is a bad idea.

The 'armoured Pikachu' looks like Pikachu libre with a metal mask.

This better be a joke.

I am watching that video and its not even remotely convincing.
The Snake, Horse, Nature Vs Industry thing has already been proven fake. Why can't some people get over it by now?

Also

Where have I heard the ''Drawn by memory'' cleche before?

Last edited:
The Snake, Horse, Nature Vs Industry thing has already been proven fake. Why can't some people get over it by now?

Also

Where have I heard the ''Drawn by memory'' cleche before?
Ha, I think the last time someone made that claim, it was for one of the goats.

I'm not even going to bother watching the video because of Armored Pikachu. Knowing that they can't possibly apply a form change mechanic to every Pokémon, I can't be the only one who sees a problem with them applying it to pikachu.

Ha, I think the last time someone made that claim, it was for one of the goats.

I'm not even going to bother watching the video because of Armored Pikachu. Knowing that they can't possibly apply a form change mechanic to every Pokémon, I can't be the only one who sees a problem with them applying it to pikachu.
Did you happen to see my take on the whole armor thing?

You guys have very good points. The legendaries just seemed alright, as well as the ghost madame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom