• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are gonna base Galar on something, it should be Tolkien's work (especially The Hobbit, since it's a story about a life changing journey, which is what Pokémon's main game is basically all about).

Game of Thrones isn't as fitting for Pokémon.

I hope there's a castle based on Oxford or Hogwarts.

Found the archive link for this 'leak'

Sounds like someone's attempt to fit in the OG armour leak with the Wolf legends. Snake with Wolf armour is a rather odd choice...

These are the middle evolutions according to it:

The Scorbunny one looks like a Sonic the hedgehog copy. And removing the signature two rabbit ears is a bad idea.

The 'armoured Pikachu' looks like Pikachu libre with a metal mask.
well guess that ever worst art concepts!.

I don't know why people jump on stuff and call it "ugly art"; I know a lot of the art that has been posted so far are more than likely fakes, but I'm usually always disappointed when I first see art for any new Pokemon. I thought Incineroar was the ugliest thing on the planet when I first saw it, but now well you can tell how I feel about that bad boy. I had the same reaction towards Greninja as well.

But in terms of starters, I still do think that Samurott and Emboar are probably the least cute starter final evos ever but I still use them in game play.

View: https://twitter.com/Gersonsalas/status/1116254925519040512

Here's something to look at and find whether or not these are fakes. And yet somebody was impatient enough to make pixel versions of them on DA

Even if these are fake, these are probably the most convincing "concept art" I've seen thus far.

I don't know why people jump on stuff and call it "ugly art"; I know a lot of the art that has been posted so far are more than likely fakes, but I'm usually always disappointed when I first see art for any new Pokemon. I thought Incineroar was the ugliest thing on the planet when I first saw it, but now well you can tell how I feel about that bad boy. I had the same reaction towards Greninja as well.

But in terms of starters, I still do think that Samurott and Emboar are probably the least cute starter final evos ever but I still use them in game play.

Even if these are fake, these are probably the most convincing "concept art" I've seen thus far.
I think a better word than ugly is "amateur" but not everyone can identify amateur artwork, so some substitute with "ugly" instead. This is very much amateur artwork and I don't see how you find that remotely convincing. =/

I think a better word than ugly is "amateur" but not everyone can identify amateur artwork, so some substitute with "ugly" instead. This is very much amateur artwork and I don't see how you find that remotely convincing. =/

My use of the word ugly was in reference to the posts preceding mine, I for one have become someone who would not use the word "ugly" in reference to art. What may be ugly to me may be someone else's treasure. Someone still took the time to put that art together, even if it had malicious intent to deceive others.

The Grookey one doesn’t look like the same artstyle imo...
And I don’t think they’ll make Sobble into something that heavily resembles a blue servine.

This is the beauty of each person having their own tastes and views, I am pretty sure that I would not have the same favorable view of art you thought was convincing. It was just a statement and nowhere did I say that I believed that these were the real deal. It was just an expression of my views, nothing more, nothing less.

Some of it is kind of interesting tbh. Likely fake but still. They would probably look good in official art.

I dont know how to feel about them. Besides all of them looking ugly as sin, they do look somewhat okay design wise. Look a bit like something GF would do. The main issue Im seeing is that they are not drawn from many angles. Sure the Gen 7 concepts didnt have them drawn from too many angles, but they had more than this. The style also just doesnt seem right.

Gonna go fake until proven otherwise.

Lets just say if we do get these starters, Im just not going to evolve my starter Pokemon.

This has to be my least favorite part about Gamefreak. I hate how they show us a trailer for their upcoming game, and then show us absolutely nothing for almost two whole months. Why they have this marketing strategy is beyond me. This is how you kill hype. There's a bunch of other games coming out, and if you show us a trailer for a pokemon game, and then give us nothing new for two or three months, then people aren't going to care as much about your games then, Gamefreak. They're going to focus their attention elsewhere. From what I hear from the poketubers (at least from the ones I listen to) is that this is a really important game for pokemon. People are leaving. They didn't like S&M, they didn't like USUM. A lot of people that I talked to, and a lot of people on here said that they weren't even going to give LGPE a chance. And yet, here we have Gamefreak not even changing a little bit on how they market these games. It's frustrating to say the least.

This has to be my least favorite part about Gamefreak. I hate how they show us a trailer for their upcoming game, and then show us absolutely nothing for almost two whole months. Why they have this marketing strategy is beyond me. This is how you kill hype. There's a bunch of other games coming out, and if you show us a trailer for a pokemon game, and then give us nothing new for two or three months, then people aren't going to care as much about your games then, Gamefreak. They're going to focus their attention elsewhere. From what I hear from the poketubers (at least from the ones I listen to) is that this is a really important game for pokemon. People are leaving. They didn't like S&M, they didn't like USUM. A lot of people that I talked to, and a lot of people on here said that they weren't even going to give LGPE a chance. And yet, here we have Gamefreak not even changing a little bit on how they market these games. It's frustrating to say the least.
With all due respect I think you’re being a bit dramatic. In terms of “killing hype” there would be no hype in the first place had they not made the announcement in late Feb. and there would be hardly anything to discuss Pokémon-wise in the first place. If they were to stretch out their news trailers/reveals to include March and April they would either have tons of trailers revealing very small tidbits of info or they would have to reveal a lot more info prior to the games release which leaves less to be discovered in the games themselves and is overall not ideal.

People who “left Pokémon” in gen 7 or because of LGPE were likely fair weather fans anyway. Two months without SwSh news is not going to break or significantly erode a community that has been around for over 20 years and continues to consistently garner new players.

Not to mention LGPE happen to be almost BotW level sales in spite of the sheer gap in release dates.
We on forums voicing our taste/distaste are a vocal minority and do not matter much in the long run.

Pokemon isn’t going to be in such a sheer cold situation as people are making it out to be.

People who “left Pokémon” in gen 7 or because of LGPE were likely fair weather fans anyway.
I think calling them " fair weather" fans is a bit disingenuous. What if they have been hardcore fans this whole time, but are just tired of the same formula over and over again? Just because people leave a community and don't come back, or take a break from it and come back later doesn't mean they weren't fans of the game. Sure, some might be that way, but to label them all like that is incorrect.
In terms of “killing hype” there would be no hype in the first place had they not made the announcement in late Feb. and there would be hardly anything to discuss Pokémon-wise in the first place.
This would be the equivalent of me saying " Hey, I have something really cool to show you!" and then just walking away, only to return three months later to finally tell you what I wanted to show you. Would you still be hype? Would you even care anymore?

What if they have been hardcore fans this whole time, but are just tired of the same formula over and over again?

I find it a bit ironic since SM and LGPE are the most formula changing games, to the point that LGPE divided the fandom.

The strong sales indicate that Pokemon is still going strong. LGPE is one of the fastest selling Switch games.

This would be the equivalent of me saying " Hey, I have something really cool to show you!" and then just walking away, only to return three months later to finally tell you what I wanted to show you. Would you still be hype? Would you even care anymore?
But they did show us something, they gave us logos, starters, two minutes of gameplay footage, and a region map. Game news is pretty different from a conversation, too-it's generally expected that we won't know everything until the game is out.

But they did show us something, they gave us logos, starters, two minutes of gameplay footage, and a region map. Game news is pretty different from a conversation, too-it's generally expected that we won't know everything until the game is out.
But i'm not asking for everything. Would it have killed them to drop a 30 second or one minute trailer in march giving us the box art or legendaries? Would it have killed them to drop a one minute trailer in april giving us at least the early route bird pokemon and at least one other? It gives nothing away from the plot, and it keeps high interest in the games, because it gives us something new to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom